Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Dec 2008, 02:22 (Ref:2347768)   #1
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Dasher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big Formula Ford Crash at Oran Park

Just got news of a BIG Formula Ford crash at Oran Park apparently involving Lucas Dumbrell who was cut out of the car and flown to hospital by helicopter so i am told.

Anybody got anything further?
Old 5 Dec 2008, 02:28 (Ref:2347771)   #2
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geez hope all is ok!!
Old 5 Dec 2008, 02:58 (Ref:2347786)   #3
smokinJ
Racer

smokinJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.formulaford.com.au/conten...ID=393&Front=1
Old 5 Dec 2008, 03:24 (Ref:2347798)   #4
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
dumbrell_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope Lucas is alright.

Some nasty looking images on inetpics.

Hope he is alright, by sounds of things he just had a bit of a lose as SC come out and tboned one car and flipped over a wall
Old 5 Dec 2008, 03:31 (Ref:2347803)   #5
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hope he is ok.
Old 5 Dec 2008, 03:35 (Ref:2347805)   #6
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
He was taken by road to Liverpool Hosp, he is OK, will try to keep everyone further updated
Old 5 Dec 2008, 04:17 (Ref:2347811)   #7
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope he's alright..........

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23770,00.html

TEENAGE motor racing driver Lucas Dumbrell has been taken to hospital with suspected spinal injuries after a crash during a support race to the V8 Supercar championship at Sydney's Oran Park.

Old 5 Dec 2008, 05:38 (Ref:2347822)   #8
dylan.lindgren
Rookie

dylan.lindgren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My brother was there watching it and he said it was the biggest crash he has ever seen (we were sitting at the first corner in the 2002 Australian Grand Prix, so we have seen some pretty big crashes!).

Hope he is OK! After hearing my brother describe the crash it's a good sign that he's conscious, but spinal injuries are never good!

Old 5 Dec 2008, 05:44 (Ref:2347823)   #9
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lucas did not flip over the wall, the car did cartwheel several times though.
Old 5 Dec 2008, 05:48 (Ref:2347824)   #10
smokinJ
Racer

smokinJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I WILL NOT SAY THIS AGAIN , DO NOT POST COPYWRIGHTED MATERIAL A SIMPLE CUT AND PASTE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

POST A LINK AND GIVE A SYNOPSIS OF THE MATERIAL IN THE LINK (DUNNO WHAT THAT IS THEN BUY A DICTIONARY!!!!)

DO NOT CUT AND PASTE MATERIAL!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by marcus; 7 Dec 2008 at 06:09.
Old 5 Dec 2008, 08:35 (Ref:2347882)   #11
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The current word is that the driver requires spinal surgery. I would assume that it would be for fixation and/or relief of pressure on the spinal chord. Both, serious. A high speed rollover in a F/Ford can exert unusually high lateral (and even longitudanal) loads on the driver because the spaceframe is made of CrMo which is very rigid and hence, bad at dissipating energy.
Thoughts and prayers to Lucas and his family at this difficult time.
Old 5 Dec 2008, 08:37 (Ref:2347886)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Original News

Later News
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 5 Dec 2008, 09:02 (Ref:2347900)   #13
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the request of the Dumbrell family, no images of the accident will be published by any of the attending media at the circuit today.

Thoughts and well wishes are with the Dumbrells and hopefully Lucas can make a full recovery soon.
Old 5 Dec 2008, 09:15 (Ref:2347908)   #14
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors
At the request of the Dumbrell family, no images of the accident will be published by any of the attending media at the circuit today.

Thoughts and well wishes are with the Dumbrells and hopefully Lucas can make a full recovery soon.
Can someone tell inetpics that please

Totally agree, wishing the whole Dumbrell family the vesy best and hopefully they will get some good news soon.
Old 5 Dec 2008, 09:48 (Ref:2347924)   #15
alfacors
Veteran

Inetpics don't have the actual crash itself, only the aftermath.
Old 5 Dec 2008, 10:47 (Ref:2347976)   #16
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
still, its images the family would rather not see in a paper tomorrow morning.

Good to see they have been removed
Old 5 Dec 2008, 12:21 (Ref:2348074)   #17
v8holdendude
Rookie

v8holdendude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbrell_fan
still, its images the family would rather not see in a paper tomorrow morning.

Good to see they have been removed
I sent a rather heated email to Inetpics this evening and they have since removed all images. I got a reply back from them explaining why the pics were there. Below is there response.
Thanks for your e-mail

Sorry if the images displayed on our site have caused you offence. However before you start slanging insults in our direction you need to understand a few facts,

1) We are primarily an editorial and news agency. Not all news is good, but it still needs to be reported - anything else is called censorship and is a slippery slope to start down

2) We waited until we were informed that he was 'stable' before releasing images.

3) We selected images that showed the seriousness of the situation and the great work done by the medical and recovery teams without disclosing details of the treatment or graphic details of Lucas' injuries

4) We have had a representative from our organisation located in the Media centre at Oran Park from 9am to 6pm today. AT NO TIME did anyone make such a request either by an issued release, verbal release or general announcement to the members of the media located in the media centre

5) The additional 'EXTRA' on PD's website was not included in the media release from SONIC or V8 Supercars

6) I have contacted the V8 Supercar media manager and he advised that he did not pass on the request from PD to all of the media, only those that he thought had images

You will notice that the images are no longer available on inetpics.com.

They may be released to news media but they will not be publicly available on inetpics.com.

We also provide ALL of our crash related photographs to Dr Carl Le, Series Medical Officer, to assist with training of the medical and extraction teams.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Justin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankyou inetpics.

All the very best also to Lucas and the whole Dumbrell family, Thinking of you Lucas.

Old 5 Dec 2008, 12:40 (Ref:2348092)   #18
alfacors
Veteran

I don't see any reason to send a "heated" email across to them. They are simply doing a job. Justin is well within his rights to do what he wants with the images. I have images of the crash which were sent to a major newspaper, but have since requested they not be used out of respect for the family's wishes.

I think Justin is owed an apology for the tone your email, especially if you're slinging insults at him and his crew.
Old 5 Dec 2008, 12:50 (Ref:2348098)   #19
v8holdendude
Rookie

Quote:
I don't see any reason to send a "heated" email across to them. They are simply doing a job. Justin is well within his rights to do what he wants with the images. I have images of the crash which were sent to a major newspaper, but have since requested they not be used out of respect for the family's wishes.

I think Justin is owed an apology for the tone your email, especially if you're slinging insults at him and his crew.
Well maybe you would like to tell me what i said in my email, seeing you know so much?

I was most concerned with the images i saw and really sometimes people have to think about what certain images could do. As Dumbrellfan has stated its images that im sure the Dumbrell family dont want to see plastered all over the paper in the morning. I am a concerned fan and having met Lucas he is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. I have thanked Justin for removing the images and also explaining why i was so upset seeing them and im sure Justin understands where i am coming from.
Old 5 Dec 2008, 12:57 (Ref:2348110)   #20
alfacors
Veteran

Mate, you're the one saying you sent a heated email. I am sure a normal email would have sufficed. Justin's reply indicated you were hurling insults at inetpics. Concerned fan or not, no justification for insulting emails to be sent. Or was it a polite and to the point email without any insults? You tell us?

I've met Lucas before too, long before he was doing the FFord stuff, but end of the day we're there to cover events as they happen. I am sure at the time the pics were uploaded (Inetpics do it constantly through the day) the condition of Lucas was not known aside from the rampant speculation, so none of us were aware of how serious the situation was.
Old 5 Dec 2008, 13:05 (Ref:2348118)   #21
v8holdendude
Rookie

Well inetpics have done the correct thing and removed the images. Again WELL DONE!!!!

Now lets hope and pray for a speedy recovery for Lucas.
Old 5 Dec 2008, 13:07 (Ref:2348121)   #22
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Mate, you're the one saying you sent a heated email. I am sure a normal email would have sufficed. Justin's reply indicated you were hurling insults at inetpics. Concerned fan or not, no justification for insulting emails to be sent. Or was it a polite and to the point email without any insults? You tell us?

I've met Lucas before too, long before he was doing the FFord stuff, but end of the day we're there to cover events as they happen. I am sure at the time the pics were uploaded (Inetpics do it constantly through the day) the condition of Lucas was not known aside from the rampant speculation, so none of us were aware of how serious the situation was.
Have to agree there Alfacors, the impression I had from the above post was it wasn't a pleasant email, given you guys are just doing a job maybe the "irate fan" needs to moderate their tone a little.
I think most of us can assume that you snappers probably have a closer relationship with the contestants than us mortals who live the event through your photos. I think I reasonably assume you will consider all the niceties that we and you would normally expect in these situations>
Old 5 Dec 2008, 13:34 (Ref:2348143)   #23
aussie_xr8
Rookie

aussie_xr8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was out there today it was very sickening to watch. Im so realived to hear he is alive and breathing get well soon Lucas. The thing alot of people dont understand is the accident happened under safety car boards and flags. Something failed today the process in which the safety car is deployed the leader of the pack slowing down to much the driver catching the pack and didnt realise the pack had checked up??? I really hope changes come out of this incident because it was totally avoidable.

Last edited by aussie_xr8; 5 Dec 2008 at 13:36.
Old 5 Dec 2008, 16:56 (Ref:2348210)   #24
dazza027
Racer

dazza027 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, something simple like a BIG ARSE YELLOW LIGHT just under the drivers line of sight that is remotely operated and illuminates at 55 thousand lumens when there is a yellow flag would be a bloody good start. Get well soon Lucas.
Old 5 Dec 2008, 20:49 (Ref:2348425)   #25
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
you cant say that Dazza027 we would be able to reduce the number of flaggies and that would cause no end of posts and wingeing
Closed Thread