Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 26 Jul 2017, 20:29 (Ref:3754569)   #151
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
As I've said before its only the music that will sell this event and yes if it was something like the Foo Fighters or Coldplay plus support acts then I'm sure tickets would sell but my feeling is its aimed more at the younger market, therefore could be something like Stormzy or scepta which I wouldnt pay £5 to see!
The thing is you could put on a concert with those acts at Silverstone and charge those prices - without any need to involve the rallycross. You could then have a stand alone rallycross event without any of the other **** and charge sensible prices. If the music acts are big names then the rallycross becomes an irrelevant sideshow, if the music acts aren't big names then how do you justify the ticket prices?
Old 27 Jul 2017, 04:44 (Ref:3754604)   #152
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess the music act(s) do their thing on Saturday night, starting after the drift shows and F1! shows. During a show and shine ricer contest thingy perhaps, nicest pair of headlights or something. The rest of the time it will be a man, hitting a button in some software playing rhythmic mp3's, with an accent on bass and repetition. Or a woman of course. Those can shout 'let me see those hands' too, quiet convincing.
Rock Concert Movement # 2. Raise the Roof. https://youtu.be/VIVwKtbKDQA
Old 5 Oct 2017, 12:01 (Ref:3772058)   #153
RichP
Rookie

RichP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Round 1 of BRX 2018 at Silverstone:
http://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/br...at-silverstone
I wonder what the entrance fee will be for this?
Old 5 Oct 2017, 13:27 (Ref:3772076)   #154
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not really a shock there, they need to run at least one event to try the track and see if it even stands up to the running.

One thing you can guarantee is that a few WRX drivers will be there either in hired cars or older versions.

But yes, be fascinating to see prices, any more than 20-25 quid and they are going to be struggling for decent numbers. But they should be able to run it all in one day, maybe have a test day beforehand as they seem to at Lydden now.
Old 17 Oct 2017, 16:39 (Ref:3774685)   #155
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just had a peruse on the Silverstone site while looking for something else.

Advance ticket sales have already been closed!

What does that tell you?
Old 17 Oct 2017, 17:43 (Ref:3774695)   #156
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are you talking about the World ("Speed Machine") event Chunder? I saw they were counting down the "days left to buy pre-sale tickets" a couple of weeks ago (on Facebook), but then I'm sure I saw a statement a few days ago saying that more advance tickets would be available soon.

Not sure what the exact intention is. Irrespective of what audience they are aiming this event at, I find it hard to believe that anyone is going to book tickets (at Silverstone prices) with so few details available on the event.
Old 18 Oct 2017, 10:58 (Ref:3774821)   #157
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Pre sale tickets? What exactly might that be? That is closed I think yes, but it must have only been a short term thing?

Not sure if Is aw anything about advance tickets being available? Just saw the full price bonkers ticket prices on there!!
Old 18 Oct 2017, 12:12 (Ref:3774832)   #158
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They need to better than this if they want to show rallycross belongs there
Old 18 Oct 2017, 21:09 (Ref:3774931)   #159
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The advance tickets were supposedly cheaper as they had grandstand entry for free
Old 19 Oct 2017, 10:41 (Ref:3775002)   #160
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
£170 each for weekend camping. Are they out of their minds???

I could Easyjet it to Nice, hire a cheap car, watch a large chunk of the Monte and still have change for a pint at the airport for that sort of money.

This is always the problems: once rallycross starts to take off people get greedy and strangle it with their own stupidity.
Old 19 Oct 2017, 11:01 (Ref:3775007)   #161
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
To be honest Leo, I think they are chancing it honestly.

I very much doubt this is going to work, and if it does it will not be an event that we as UK rallycross fans will support.

AS others have said, you are better off driving to Europe and watching something there. Cheaper, nice tracks and better atmosphere.
Old 19 Oct 2017, 13:59 (Ref:3775042)   #162
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the bizarre thing. Silverstone is the outlier in terms of pricing. By some margin. We went to Barcelona , mettet and loheac this year. I think mettet and loheac were 40 -50 euros which, before we screwed the pooch with Brexit, was actually affordable in English money. Barcelona was 25 euros for the weekend.

And then silverstone comes along and charges 170 quid (200 euros). It's completely add odds with the other, much more established venues. The arrogance of it all is sickening. . I hope it's not a sign for others to up their prices . Because even at 50 euros and even with the spiralling pound, it's still excellent value on the continent for what has become a brilliant race weekend (especially if ERX supercars are there).
Old 19 Oct 2017, 17:06 (Ref:3775070)   #163
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should also add that Loheac had live DJs in the evening in the village- free, a firework display- free, food stalls in the circuit run by locals where you could buy a decent hot dog for 3 euros or a crepe for a euro. None of the overpriced street food rubbish that Silverstone are promoting.
An advert for Silverstone was shown on the big screen at the circuit, bet they sold zero tickets off the back of that!

My fear is that other circuits may be forced to increase prices too, Barcelona as stated by Hickey was 25 euros last season, should it hold a round next year I cant imagine it will be anything near that price again.

Surprised there's no calendar out yet, it had been announced by now last year.
Old 19 Oct 2017, 19:41 (Ref:3775099)   #164
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rip off Britain.....

I just don't know how they think £170 for a weekend camping pass is justifiable. It's insane. How much research have they done? Or, have they taken a wild guess.....
How much is a BTCC equivalent ticket?
Or, is there a hike in prices because it has the 'FiA World Championship' moniker attached to it.
Old 19 Oct 2017, 22:38 (Ref:3775115)   #165
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I am thinking maybe the calendar is being kept under wraps because they dont know for sure who is going to be driving and what rounds they can find.

I am sure SA would have signed for more than a year.

the Silverstone pricing make no sense whatsoever, on any level I have ever seen.
Old 20 Oct 2017, 05:57 (Ref:3775149)   #166
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where's everyone getting £170 from for camping? It's £50 on the speedmachine website. Still a rip off!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 20 Oct 2017, 12:19 (Ref:3775221)   #167
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby View Post
Where's everyone getting £170 from for camping? It's £50 on the speedmachine website. Still a rip off!

It was £50 for an adult one ticket day. Child U16 £35

Weekend adult ticket was £95 or £140 including camping

And that was the advance tickets although the link below still seems to work
Over Priced Speedmachine Ticket Link
Old 21 Oct 2017, 00:48 (Ref:3775346)   #168
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozi View Post
It was £50 for an adult one ticket day. Child U16 £35

Weekend adult ticket was £95 or £140 including camping

And that was the advance tickets although the link below still seems to work
Over Priced Speedmachine Ticket Link
I am was going off the Silverstone site where they indicated advance sales were finished hence price now £170. If advance are still available they are misleading people too...
Old 25 Oct 2017, 05:46 (Ref:3776309)   #169
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
So no Euro supercars or S1600 or touring cars at WorldRX Silverstone. Complete rip off. #longliveLydden

Old 25 Oct 2017, 07:18 (Ref:3776320)   #170
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I very much doubt anyone from on here will be going there, it is a con of epic proportions. And deserves to be shunned by any real rallycross fan. Hopefully it fails utterly.

However, I would like to see it make some money, so that the track stays, as I think that if the event fails completely, Silverstone will see out there IMG contract and dig it up. Would be great to have another British rallycross venue.

It has been built very cleverly, not using ANY part really of any existing tarmac other than a few small areas of the Stowe circuit, this does not impact the full track in any way, merely the Stowe area that is used for "experience" days and learner testing and driving. (easy money in other words, in cars they do not own)

So, they are not stupid, but I would like to see the track used by British, BTRDA and maybe even the highly likely ERC when it returns, as the current era of WRX cannot last long now, it is already dragging its knees.

Would also be of the mind to protest! But that would be taking things too far.
Old 25 Oct 2017, 10:51 (Ref:3776342)   #171
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
I wouldn't mind if some of the Silverstone profits ended up back in grassroots motorsports but there is about as much chance of that as me winning the WRC.

If they let the BTRDA use the circuit for an affordable price then I'll swallow my words but...
Old 25 Oct 2017, 19:17 (Ref:3776443)   #172
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby View Post
So no Euro supercars or S1600 or touring cars at WorldRX Silverstone. Complete rip off. #longliveLydden

RX2?
Old 25 Oct 2017, 20:43 (Ref:3776475)   #173
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am tempted to give the first British Championship round a look next year, to give the track a fair chance (and the flyer that has been posted on Facebook indicates a similar ticket price to other British rounds), but I am yet to speak to anyone who has been to the previous British World rounds, who is willing to pay the ticket price (advance or otherwise) for the Speed Machine event.
Old 25 Oct 2017, 21:25 (Ref:3776485)   #174
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
If the price is sensible I'll go the British Championship round. I haven't got anything against Silverstone itself as an additional rallycross circuit in the UK.

What I do resent is IMG leaving Lydden the birthplace of the sport, the whole speedmachine concept as it's just not required and the price being charged for it. Potential RX2 is not enough of a draw to demand that price.

Old 25 Oct 2017, 21:52 (Ref:3776487)   #175
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be going to the first round of the British series as its only half hour down the road plus its on at Saturday so that makes it a no brainer. One thing that has may attention is the mention of two different layouts

"The first round on March 17 will use Silverstone in full World Championship configuration including the Wing paddock and World RX start line. Round nine will switch to the ‘national’ layout with the paddock and start line based in the Stowe complex."

From last time i walked down that part of the circuit, i could only see one layout so not too sure what the differences will be.

As far as the World RX goes, i was really looking forward to going but the sheer cost and the feeling that being forced to pay for things that I really no interest in means i'll be giving it a miss.