Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 20 Dec 2003, 18:48 (Ref:816972)   #1
DanJR1
Racer

DanJR1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racing fuel in the future?

just bin thinkin about what motorsport (all types) are gonna use in the future? i personally think bio ethanol will be used after petrol has run out ( petrol is due to run out in about 30 years)its already bin proved at le mans.good thing is that it will never run out
Old 20 Dec 2003, 22:45 (Ref:817085)   #2
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
30 years? is that a radical or conservtive estimate? Everyone seems to be ppushing ozone depleting hydrogen cells, and elctric stuff, and hyrids, but the infrastructure could easily handle the change to ethanols, and methanols-if only they'd try...
Old 21 Dec 2003, 19:06 (Ref:817587)   #3
DanJR1
Racer

DanJR1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i persoannly think that performance road cars, all motor bikes and race/rally cars will use ethanol (mayb with additives for more power)and road cars will use hydrogen/electricity hybrid technology.

a gud thing is that any country can grow and make ethanol so the prices should be cheaper than petrol

Last edited by DanJR1; 21 Dec 2003 at 19:09.
Old 22 Dec 2003, 07:23 (Ref:817995)   #4
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Dan:
Tell you what, come up to the part of Minn. I live in, and try to start a car with alcohol when it is 30 below, heck try it when it is a balm 19 below.
The first year I moved up here, we had temp. in the 19-40+ below range for a week straight.(These were nightime temps. but the lowest high I have ever seen is 18 below, I know that because I had to put a starter in my car in a parking lot, and I wanted to know just how cold it was.)
They used to race snowmobiles up here on feul, alcohol plus whatever else to make it ignite better, but the feul became so exotic they banned them in the early seventies.

The existing oil fields, the ones being developed, will out last the lifetime of anyone reading this forum.
The supply of oil is not going to run out,the amount in untapped fiels cannot be calculated, except in the minds of liberals.
Bob
Old 25 Dec 2003, 13:39 (Ref:820358)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Also, the fuel companies will not change anything unless they have toas they will have to completely change all the refineries and stuff. I think we are tied to fossil based fuels for some time yet.
Old 26 Dec 2003, 23:15 (Ref:820965)   #6
Rhino
Racer

Rhino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The amount of new oil fields being discovered has been dropping for a number of years. Places like China have only really started to use oil in large quantities recently. We will have to find something else.
I would go for ethanol as i don't think i would like the sound of electric cars going past at the track!!!
Old 28 Dec 2003, 11:46 (Ref:821774)   #7
cannardd
Racer

United Kingdom
London, England
cannardd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bio diesel?
I know that the idea of diesel does not appeal to many people (me included!) but it is a renewable resource.
The problem with electric vehicles is that you still need to generate the electricity and that is mostly still from coal, gas or oil fired power stations.
Hydrogen cells still have some way to go, but when perfected and can be produced at a reasonable cost, they will be the future.