Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Nov 2012, 12:32 (Ref:3168444)   #2476
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned already (apologies if it has), but Marcel (ten Caat - DSC) has spotted some movement in the European F3 calendar, part of the 2013 Silverstone ELMS/WEC support package, which would imply that the opening rounds of the ELMS and WEC are about to be moved back a week to the weekend of the 19th to 21st April. Watch this space!
Yeah John Dagys certainly not happy as it moves the race to a clash with Grand Am and ALMS. So potentially some issues there for Starworks/8Star. Think as it stood it clashed with BES. You really can't win.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 12:38 (Ref:3168447)   #2477
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Yeah John Dagys certainly not happy as it moves the race to a clash with Grand Am and ALMS. So potentially some issues there for Starworks/8Star. Think as it stood it clashed with BES. You really can't win.
Seems this is a false alarm anyway, the date remains unchanged (Marcel ten Caat on Twitter).
Old 24 Nov 2012, 23:54 (Ref:3170729)   #2478
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There obviously is not a thread appropriate for this question at the moment, but how easy is it to make a day trip/weekend trip to Spa for the 6 hours race? Some friends and I are planning to do Silverstone and Spa next year, and are just wondering whether it is straight forward to get to Spa, ideally from Saturday to Sunday, returning home also on the Sunday.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 01:17 (Ref:3170741)   #2479
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
There obviously is not a thread appropriate for this question at the moment, but how easy is it to make a day trip/weekend trip to Spa for the 6 hours race? Some friends and I are planning to do Silverstone and Spa next year, and are just wondering whether it is straight forward to get to Spa, ideally from Saturday to Sunday, returning home also on the Sunday.
I'm a bit spoiled by living in the South East but a weekend trip to Spa is ridiculously easy, and a day trip not impossible - but for the latter you probably want two drivers.

We generally head out pretty early on the Saturday morning, arrive about an hour before the start, allowing time to park up, buy tickets, find a decent seat (opposite old pits) and be all settled for things to start, then head to local hotel for decent dinner, feet up, and comfortable bed prior to heading home in time to put everything in good order for work on Monday.

Local hotels are available, but you may find best value to be had by heading into Liege for accommodation.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 10:20 (Ref:3170831)   #2480
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I'm a bit spoiled by living in the South East but a weekend trip to Spa is ridiculously easy, and a day trip not impossible - but for the latter you probably want two drivers.

We generally head out pretty early on the Saturday morning, arrive about an hour before the start, allowing time to park up, buy tickets, find a decent seat (opposite old pits) and be all settled for things to start, then head to local hotel for decent dinner, feet up, and comfortable bed prior to heading home in time to put everything in good order for work on Monday.

Local hotels are available, but you may find best value to be had by heading into Liege for accommodation.
Sounds brilliant! Dare I ask, what is camping like at Spa (weather wise)? I can imagine you can have pretty hot weather, but most likely torrential rain from what I have seen of Spa at this time of year.
Old 26 Nov 2012, 12:09 (Ref:3171666)   #2481
Blue Rondeau
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent, UK
Blue Rondeau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
Sounds brilliant! Dare I ask, what is camping like at Spa (weather wise)? I can imagine you can have pretty hot weather, but most likely torrential rain from what I have seen of Spa at this time of year.
Weather can be pretty mixed at Spa, especially in May.

Looking at the last two years 2011 was unseasonably hot, and 2012 would have been a complete non-starter with torrential rain.

I'm sure others may disagree but camping at Spa doesn't appeal all that much - far too many nice hotels in the area!
Old 27 Nov 2012, 03:23 (Ref:3172012)   #2482
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Remember that Spa will be a Saturday race again!
Old 30 Nov 2012, 16:22 (Ref:3173597)   #2483
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
EI has posted this picture of the Gulf Racing livery for 2013:

http://www.facebook.com/EnduranceInf...07423902615752

Pretty cool IMO.
Old 30 Nov 2012, 16:31 (Ref:3173602)   #2484
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Add 2 991 GT3 RSR for Manthey racing .
Old 30 Nov 2012, 16:32 (Ref:3173603)   #2485
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

Pretty cool IMO.
Hope a little bit of luck comes along with it too .
Old 30 Nov 2012, 17:09 (Ref:3173624)   #2486
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Really nice shot in the arm for the WEC GT battle. The one real weak point of the series was GT-Pro so to see it bolstered in this way is really encouraging. Looks like there could be a few more announcements too, certainly a few mid-season entries and it's creeping towards the ALMS in terms of quality now.
Old 30 Nov 2012, 17:39 (Ref:3173631)   #2487
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

Pretty cool IMO.
That is unreal! Wow.
Old 30 Nov 2012, 19:13 (Ref:3173659)   #2488
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It reminds me of that Porsche 917LH from 1970 with the crazy color scheme; it was car #3, which came 2nd overall at Le Mans behind the Salzburg #23.

http://www.supercars.net/Pics?viewPi...D=1&pID=917177

Last edited by Purist; 30 Nov 2012 at 19:19.
Old 30 Nov 2012, 19:33 (Ref:3173662)   #2489
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to see a different take on the Gulf livery. I'm really quite tired of the traditional livery. I'll get my coat, which happens to not have any Gulf patches on it.
Old 30 Nov 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3173663)   #2490
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Cmk, Fogel, etc., on Austin, Turns 1, 11, and 12, the corners with those wider entries, are banked. In addition, I feel pretty good in saying that Turns 2, 3, 5, 7-9, 13, and 15, along with portions of 16-18, 19, and 20, are banked as well. That camber is what allowed the passing and the side-by-side running we saw.

I've watched practice, qualifying, and the race, and I never really saw the far inside used at Turn 12. I saw it used once or twice, but only on the opening lap, at Turn 11. At Turn 1, I just saw it used on the opening lap, and then when Schumacher tried that ridiculous block. Otherwise, so, basically, the vast majority of the time, it was left untouched.

A hairpin with a wider, or effectively wider, inside radius can produce perfectly good overtaking, even without the banking. Funnily enough, Turn 4 at Korea, a track that doesn't get great praise, demonstrates this quite well. India has the wide approaches at Turns 3, 4, and 16, but they have NOT worked. Again, the meaningful aspect here for Austin certainly looks to be the banking that those key corners have, regardless of the wide entries.

(I'm also glad to see off-camber corners at Austin, at Turn 6, possibly Turns 4 and 10, and perhaps portions of Turns 16-18, 19, and 20.)

As I said in the US GP thread oer in the F1 section, to see the pitfalls of very wide corner entries, especially with a bunched field, watch some of the CART races from Cleveland.

Now, back more to the topic area at hand. I do think that Manthay machine looks pretty mean. It's nice to see some new vigor and aggression breathed into the 911 GT car.

Last edited by Purist; 30 Nov 2012 at 19:49.
Old 3 Dec 2012, 09:30 (Ref:3174529)   #2491
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Another report on Budh International Circuit (BIC) being on the WEC calendar- http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...ar-events.html
Quote:
"After hosting two successful editions of Formula One Championship, the focus is now on keeping the circuit busy and amongst the big events coming to India, most likely are WEC and WTCC. Our team is in constant touch with the promoters of both championships," the official told IANS.
Quote:
Asked whether BIC was ready to host an endurance race of a minimum six hours, the official said: "We are very much ready for it. There are night vision cameras installed all around the circuit and a bit more of lighting is all we need to go ahead with."
Old 3 Dec 2012, 12:43 (Ref:3174605)   #2492
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Another report on Budh International Circuit (BIC) being on the WEC calendar- http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...ar-events.html
Although I'm opposed on staging a 6 Hour Race at Buddh, I think let's wait and see if they could do something on squeezing 60+ cars on the circuit.
Old 3 Dec 2012, 13:32 (Ref:3174618)   #2493
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
sorry, i don't get the 60 cars reference - WEC will have few more than 30?
Old 3 Dec 2012, 18:08 (Ref:3174682)   #2494
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I really enjoy the WEC but here we go again with another series racing on Tilke tracks with no heritage where no one cares about racing. First Bahrain now this... ugh.
Old 3 Dec 2012, 18:21 (Ref:3174690)   #2495
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
where no one cares about racing
Well if Tata would hurry up and build that Nano GTE we all want so badly there may be some interest and enthusiasm from the locals.
Old 3 Dec 2012, 18:31 (Ref:3174693)   #2496
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Might be a sweetener for Tata/Jaguar...
Old 3 Dec 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3174717)   #2497
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Might be a sweetener for Tata/Jaguar...
Ahhh, if Budh is what gets us a Jag LMP1 program I will live with it!
Old 3 Dec 2012, 20:01 (Ref:3174718)   #2498
GT3.14
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Ahhh, if Budh is what gets us a Jag LMP1 program I will live with it!
+1
Old 3 Dec 2012, 20:51 (Ref:3174728)   #2499
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just opened a factory in China, branching out into their market a lot, WEC racing over there. Add Buddh and that looks rather nice to Tata.
Old 3 Dec 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3174744)   #2500
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's the 2013 schedule:

1 6 Hours of Silverstone 14 April
2 6 Heures de Spa-Francorchamps 4 May
3 24 Heures du Mans 22–23 June
4 6 Hours of São Paulo 31 August
5 6 Hours of Austin 22 September
6 6 Hours of Fuji 20 October
7 6 Hours of Shangha 10 November
8 6 Hours of Bahrain 30 November

Where would they fit India in? First week in August? Wouldn't that be way too hot?