Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 Nov 2013, 18:34 (Ref:3335300)   #3751
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Great news! Nice to see a true privateer in GTE Pro.
Agreed.
Old 22 Nov 2013, 18:57 (Ref:3335311)   #3752
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Great news! Nice to see a true privateer in GTE Pro.
It's nice to see because it's novelty, but they'll get crushed. GTE-Pro is becoming like LMP1... it's a manufacturer-only business. Even a Mowlem/Griffin lineup will be killed in such a competitive class.
Old 22 Nov 2013, 20:20 (Ref:3335350)   #3753
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im really pleased to see both GTE class's being supported , good little team this .
Old 23 Nov 2013, 08:48 (Ref:3335578)   #3754
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
It's nice to see because it's novelty, but they'll get crushed. GTE-Pro is becoming like LMP1... it's a manufacturer-only business. Even a Mowlem/Griffin lineup will be killed in such a competitive class.
I hear a lot of people saying this - but with that rationale how did Falken win Petit? I'm certain it will be an uphill battle like you say but it's not like they are Rebellion trying to beat Audi.
Old 23 Nov 2013, 11:15 (Ref:3335621)   #3755
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
They obviously have a handle on their car , unlike Risi last year . Mowlem isn't shabby and Griffin is a star in the making . I think they will do quite well , if Ferrari can give them a decent machine to pedal .
Old 25 Nov 2013, 12:24 (Ref:3336468)   #3756
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I hear a lot of people saying this - but with that rationale how did Falken win Petit? I'm certain it will be an uphill battle like you say but it's not like they are Rebellion trying to beat Audi.
I agree. They will be there should any of the works cars make a mistake. It's how it should be. In recent P1 hardly any number of mishaps for works cars could bring a private car into contention.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 09:40 (Ref:3336872)   #3757
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Strakka/Dome collaborate next year in lmp2! http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111623
Old 26 Nov 2013, 09:46 (Ref:3336878)   #3758
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Bye bye HPD. Real pity that it's with another Nissan engine, but good to see the Dome becoming reality.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 11:00 (Ref:3336894)   #3759
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very interesting, where does this leave to HPD P1 program and what now for the P1 coupe that Wirth have on the drawing board.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 11:12 (Ref:3336897)   #3760
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
-Edit- Moved to the Dome thread:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...100010&page=97

Last edited by CTD; 26 Nov 2013 at 11:14. Reason: -Edit- Moved to the Dome thread
Old 26 Nov 2013, 11:14 (Ref:3336898)   #3761
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see Strakka back, LMP2 seems like the better option with Nick as a Silver driver.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 12:39 (Ref:3336929)   #3762
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SO any secured privateer LMP1 entry from the 2014 WEC yet? Hopefully it won't be Rebellion vs. Works again
Old 26 Nov 2013, 13:50 (Ref:3336955)   #3763
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The more you look at it, the less likely it seemed that we'd get a HPD P1 car this year. The full competitive package simply isn't ready in time. Any '14 car would be a stop-gap ahead of '15. Strakka obviously saw that and made other plans.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 14:19 (Ref:3336971)   #3764
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If they we're to persist with Nick in the car a move back to P2 was more on the cards the more years went past. They just didn't have the drivers to challeng Rebellion with Nick taking up a space IMO. Back in P2 they will be an interesting prospect.

Great to see Dome back in, and interesting to see them sorting Nissan power. Although in the end it's the logical choice for P2, taking a proven engine rather than trying something new.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 20:05 (Ref:3337107)   #3765
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
SO any secured privateer LMP1 entry from the 2014 WEC yet? Hopefully it won't be Rebellion vs. Works again
No. Oak was supposed to be starting the season with a grandfathered car I thought? And then funding-dependent their new chassis would debut later in the season. They will not race in P2 against their customers. Perrinn could be Le Mans only. There were mutterings a couple of weeks ago about an unannounced P1 privateer program but that has gone quiet, I assume that might have been Level 5 with the ex-Rebellion Lola(s)?
Old 26 Nov 2013, 21:02 (Ref:3337124)   #3766
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Oak was supposed to be starting the season with a grandfathered car I thought?

Perrinn could be Le Mans only.
I think both of these are assumptions.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 21:30 (Ref:3337140)   #3767
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I had thought Oak had said they would not use a grandfathered car to get points in the early races because they were focused on the new car, and Perrinn might likely show up at Le Mans only as a show car, to demonstrate that the company is serious and ready for customers.

I think Rebellion did say they had had an inquiry about their old Lola, but what came of that, who knows?
Old 26 Nov 2013, 22:00 (Ref:3337154)   #3768
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Very interesting, where does this leave to HPD P1 program and what now for the P1 coupe that Wirth have on the drawing board.
It makes me think that Muscle Milk have something planned with Wirth. I'd assuming that this Strakka-Dome partnership didn't happen overnight which means that there has probably been long term interest between Wirth and Muscle Milk. If they expand to the WEC with an HPD LMP1 I'd be very pleased.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 22:05 (Ref:3337156)   #3769
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
Quote:
It makes me think that Muscle Milk have something planned with Wirth. I'd assuming that this Strakka-Dome partnership didn't happen overnight which means that there has probably been long term interest between Wirth and Muscle Milk. If they expand to the WEC with an HPD LMP1 I'd be very pleased.
Pity that any move with HPD has to happen after 2015 because of their slow R&D on hybrid. So basically it's Oak vs. Rebellion
Old 26 Nov 2013, 22:06 (Ref:3337157)   #3770
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Pity that any move with HPD has to happen after 2015 because of their slow R&D on hybrid. So basically it's Oak vs. Rebellion
Are you sure about that? I thought an HPD was slated for next year, full season?

Add Lotus, Perrinn, and WR in and you've got a race!
Old 26 Nov 2013, 22:08 (Ref:3337159)   #3771
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Rebellion doesn't count?
Old 26 Nov 2013, 22:11 (Ref:3337164)   #3772
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
Quote:
Are you sure about that? I thought an HPD was slated for next year, full season?

Add Lotus, Perrinn, and WR in and you've got a race!
Ah, I forgot the Lotus Praga T128. Is it actually a LMP2 car with 2014 P1 homologated chassis already? As far as I know they are always the last 2 position s in this season :P If they can be lifted to P1 it will be great. What's more, I think we all forget Alpine haven't we? I believe Signtech competed under the name of Alpine in Le mans 2013. Are they going to build their own in the next few years?
Old 26 Nov 2013, 22:21 (Ref:3337170)   #3773
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Ah, I forgot the Lotus Praga T128. Is it actually a LMP2 car with 2014 P1 homologated chassis already? As far as I know they are always the last 2 position s in this season :P If they can be lifted to P1 it will be great. What's more, I think we all forget Alpine haven't we? I believe Signtech competed under the name of Alpine in Le mans 2013. Are they going to build their own in the next few years?
ELMS P2 champs Signatech/Alpine intend in running P2 in the WEC in 2014 with 1 or 2 cars (or do both WEC and ELMS with one car each, again in P2).

www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110240

Last edited by Coach Ep; 26 Nov 2013 at 22:22. Reason: link added
Old 26 Nov 2013, 22:29 (Ref:3337175)   #3774
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
ELMS P2 champs Signatech/Alpine intend in running P2 in the WEC in 2014 with 1 or 2 cars (or do both WEC and ELMS with one car each, again in P2).

www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110240
Thank you very much for the post. Looks like Renault won't build a proper custom P2 chassis or car until 2016?
Old 26 Nov 2013, 22:39 (Ref:3337179)   #3775
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally I would be very happy just to get one more privateer in LMP1 for the full season, or at least close to a full season!