Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Oct 2012, 06:30 (Ref:3157318)   #2251
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
A pity that Potolicchio and Baron seperate, but this means 3 competitive HPD LMP2 cars in WEC 2013.
Definitely. Seems a positive outcome for the series in this regard - providing Starworks can secure the necessary backing to continue as planned.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 08:38 (Ref:3157339)   #2252
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Seems like Potolicchio really has big plans as he looks to 'get closer to a manufacturer'. That's proven a lot easier said than done but good luck to him.

I imagine it's a bit of a scramble right now to pull together some funding for Starworks.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 08:43 (Ref:3157346)   #2253
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Definitely. Seems a positive outcome for the series in this regard - providing Starworks can secure the necessary backing to continue as planned.
Wouldnt surprise me to see Starworks doing the ALMS .
Old 25 Oct 2012, 09:55 (Ref:3157378)   #2254
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont worry....
Old 25 Oct 2012, 10:34 (Ref:3157389)   #2255
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
ALMS is not mentioned in the article for Potolicchio neither Starworks.
Quote:
As for the future of Starworks, Baron told SPEED.com he plans to expand to a two-car WEC LMP2 operation for next year, with one of the driving squads already being confirmed. Additionally, the team is set to remain with the potent HPD ARX-03b combination, although new cars will have to be sourced.

A full-season Rolex Series program with at least two Daytona Prototypes is also again in the cards, according to the Starworks team owner, who achieved a dream 2012 season in both championships.
source: http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...rks-part-ways/
Old 25 Oct 2012, 11:39 (Ref:3157412)   #2256
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I liked the part that said "at least two" Corvette DP's for next year! really? at least?
Old 25 Oct 2012, 11:52 (Ref:3157418)   #2257
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Where did I say it was ?
Old 25 Oct 2012, 12:00 (Ref:3157424)   #2258
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Where did I say it was ?
In post #2253?

It is difficult to participate in ALMS if the Starworks LMP2 cars are in their base in Ireland or shipping around the world. Peter Baron would have to buy some additional chassis for a ALMS participation.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 12:10 (Ref:3157429)   #2259
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think this can be positive news overall. If Starworks can maintain their funding, and it seems like they are on track to, then this can be a boost to both the WEC and the Rolex Series. I have a feeling Enzo's team will be pretty strong considering the experience he's gained and the funding he'll bring. Too bad no mention of ALMS anywhere, need some more state-side P2s heading into 2014.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 12:19 (Ref:3157431)   #2260
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
The strength of the WEC is that teams get an automatic Le Mans entry.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3157442)   #2261
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
In post #2253?

It is difficult to participate in ALMS if the Starworks LMP2 cars are in their base in Ireland or shipping around the world. Peter Baron would have to buy some additional chassis for a ALMS participation.
Starworks are based in Ireland ?!?!?!

No I didnt say they were doing ALMS ..... post 2253 ..... I said "Wouldnt surprise me to see Starworks doing the ALMS" .

Which means for those who dont understand English properly "In my opinion , it wouldnt surprise me to see Starworks doing the ALMS" .
Old 25 Oct 2012, 12:48 (Ref:3157443)   #2262
The Badger
Veteran

Maybe your getting confused with Murphy or Status , they are Irish , but based in England afaik .
Old 25 Oct 2012, 12:51 (Ref:3157445)   #2263
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
I think this can be positive news overall. If Starworks can maintain their funding, and it seems like they are on track to, then this can be a boost to both the WEC and the Rolex Series. I have a feeling Enzo's team will be pretty strong considering the experience he's gained and the funding he'll bring. Too bad no mention of ALMS anywhere, need some more state-side P2s heading into 2014.
From what I can gather ..... Starworks is Baron with 1 car for 2013 .

Its the Venezuelan dude who wants 2 WEC P2 and 2 GA chassis .
Old 25 Oct 2012, 12:53 (Ref:3157448)   #2264
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Starworks have a European base in Cardiff, Wales.

http://www.planetlemans.com/2012/02/...nches-wec-bid/
Old 25 Oct 2012, 12:56 (Ref:3157449)   #2265
The Badger
Veteran

Oh right ..... I wasnt aware of that ..... a bit of a differance from Ireland as was said above !!!

I assumed they were Florida based .
Old 25 Oct 2012, 13:09 (Ref:3157456)   #2266
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Okay, I remember that their European base was not on mainland Europe, but I forgot the exact location. My mistake.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 13:14 (Ref:3157458)   #2267
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
From what I can gather ..... Starworks is Baron with 1 car for 2013 .

Its the Venezuelan dude who wants 2 WEC P2 and 2 GA chassis .
Like I explained earlier, it is the other way around.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 14:06 (Ref:3157488)   #2268
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Yep , got that now thanks . My mistake .
Old 25 Oct 2012, 16:23 (Ref:3157549)   #2269
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Even though we won the World Championship together, Enzo and I had different views on where we each wanted to be next year,” ...

One may conclude from this that Baron/Starworks definitely will stay in P2 but maybe Potolicchio with his own team is toying with the idea of stepping up to P1?

Anyway, Teams adding cars to the grid is always very good news.

Old 26 Oct 2012, 03:31 (Ref:3157805)   #2270
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Yep , got that now thanks . My mistake .
That was my fault. I had my wires crossed in the OP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Starworks and Potolicchio separating:
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...rks-part-ways/

- Potolicchio forming independent team for 2013.
- Plans for 2x WEC P2 (ARX03b) entries, 2x GA DP entries.
- Champion racing facility purchased for team's base of operations.

As an aside:
- Starworks planning to continue WEC (P2) effort, independently.
- Dalziel's elected to side with Starworks.

That's some pretty significant news.
Potolicchio further clarified this (with regard to his efforts), here:

Quote:
Both programs will be single-car entries for the first year. I have some other Venezuelan fellows that want to come in and do DP but I'm slowing them down a little bit to start. I want to start first and have all the logistics put together the right way so I can offer a second car at a good level.
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...o-potolicchio/
Old 26 Oct 2012, 08:05 (Ref:3157857)   #2271
The Badger
Veteran

Potolicchio has confirmed to DSC that he will debut his new team with the HPD LMP2 at Sebring.
Old 26 Oct 2012, 08:21 (Ref:3157866)   #2272
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
RLM talking good things in terms of GTE's next season. Possibly 2 or 3 additional makes?
Old 26 Oct 2012, 10:02 (Ref:3157905)   #2273
The Badger
Veteran

What do all the "GTE is dead" people think about that then ?
Old 26 Oct 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3157908)   #2274
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
It really needs a shot in the arm to tide us over to 2015. Even then the existing cars can stick around for a year or so.

Wonder who it is that is joining McLaren? Maybe someone wants to bring a Viper to WEC?
Old 26 Oct 2012, 10:21 (Ref:3157915)   #2275
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
RLM talking good things in terms of GTE's next season. Possibly 2 or 3 additional makes?
Good news. Let's hope that we will see some Pro cars addition... a Corvette would be great, BMW ? Also hope Luxury Racing will be back.