Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Nov 2012, 20:52 (Ref:3166389)   #2451
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Not sure if this is common knowledge but Graham Goodwin just mentioned on RLM that Michelin is re-entering LMP2 in an official capacity for next year.
Was reported a week or two ago, report was about Sebastien Loeb Racing testing new LMP2 Michelin rubber on their Oreca.
Old 14 Nov 2012, 20:54 (Ref:3166390)   #2452
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Michelin's return was made official a few weeks ago.
Old 14 Nov 2012, 21:22 (Ref:3166398)   #2453
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks guys, I don't usually miss things like that.
Old 15 Nov 2012, 14:20 (Ref:3166670)   #2454
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Keith Wiggins of HVM IndyCar fame is looking for a WEC partner.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104224
Old 15 Nov 2012, 15:56 (Ref:3166703)   #2455
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Keith Wiggins of HVM IndyCar fame is looking for a WEC partner.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104224
Sounds like they slowly edging their way towards the exit door to be honest.
Old 15 Nov 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3166750)   #2456
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they switch I hope Simona will follow, I'd love to see what she can do in sportscars!
Old 15 Nov 2012, 18:16 (Ref:3166751)   #2457
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
If they switch I hope Simona will follow, I'd love to see what she can do in sportscars!
She's already signed for KV Racing for next year though, and there's a number of calendar clashes between WEC and Indycar.
Old 17 Nov 2012, 11:40 (Ref:3167464)   #2458
trickyd
Racer

trickyd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite like the look of the new Austin circuit, for what its worth. Its like a cross between the A1-ring and the new Silverstone.
Old 17 Nov 2012, 22:57 (Ref:3167649)   #2459
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
It's elevation change is pretty cool. I hope the WEC doesn't have the rubbering in the track issue that F1 has had this weekend.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 02:27 (Ref:3167692)   #2460
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't see there being any reason to expect a rubbering-in issue different from other well-used tracks. There are a number of events scheduled next year so it'll hardly be green.

That said, it sounds like it's a genuinely low-grip surface, rubbered in or not. I like that, it is exciting because drivers have to hustle the cars that much more. I would not change the way it's been running this weekend as the onboards have been some of the most entertaining this year. T19 is mighty stuff with its off-camber downhill high speed layout coupled with minimal grip.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 03:08 (Ref:3167700)   #2461
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
It's a new track so it might be part of the issue. I forgot that WEC will be there with a double header ALMS weekend, and they'll run the day after the ALMS, so I think they'll be fine.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 18:03 (Ref:3168007)   #2462
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
By 2013 it'll be fine. It's not like there'll be no other racing on the track throughout the year like in Korea.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 19:32 (Ref:3168042)   #2463
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's not Sebring but COTA is providing some good racing at the moment.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:42 (Ref:3168109)   #2464
TF110
Veteran

United States
Texas is dry and dusty. My brother lived there for 2 years. I can imagine if the track isn't used for a month it'll be lacking grip with the way the weather is there. But the good thing is the track will be hot when the race takes place there next year.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 22:30 (Ref:3168137)   #2465
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Very good track, should provide good racing for Sportscars too.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 23:47 (Ref:3168179)   #2466
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I'm not certain about that. I think I mentioned it in the Austin 2013 thread over in V8 Sypercars land, but it seems like a lot of the fast corners on newer F1 tracks are that fast ONLY for F1 cars, and may be substantially less so for virtually all other categories.

We'll have to see, and maybe F1 speeds up noticeably next year with Pirelli bringing softer tire compounds, meaning that this year's pace may not be quite as indicative of what we will see with the sportscars.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 23:55 (Ref:3168183)   #2467
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I'm not certain about that. I think I mentioned it in the Austin 2013 thread over in V8 Sypercars land, but it seems like a lot of the fast corners on newer F1 tracks are that fast ONLY for F1 cars, and may be substantially less so for virtually all other categories.

We'll have to see, and maybe F1 speeds up noticeably next year with Pirelli bringing softer tire compounds, meaning that this year's pace may not be quite as indicative of what we will see with the sportscars.
The fast corners will still be fairly quick for sportscars, but what really makes the track is how wide it is at the braking zones, and how much braking is required. There are some mega spots for late breaking, and taking unique lines. Really going to help with multi-class racing.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 23:59 (Ref:3168189)   #2468
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Considering how green the track was and despite my misgivings for Tilkedromes, it actually produced a good F1 race.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 01:12 (Ref:3168230)   #2469
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I agree with Fogelhound---the track will offer a wealth of opportunities for prototypes to hit GTs.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 03:07 (Ref:3168260)   #2470
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I can't say that I particularly care for those wide entries at Turns 1 and 11. You can't really use that tarmac, or you won't make the exit of the corner because your line is too shallow. That type of variation, most definitely, increases the chances for collisions; visualize that shallow line, and the traditional line, and see at what kind of angle those two cross. Also, it's one of the cardinal rules of track design that the corner exit should NOT be narrower than the corner entry.

Apart from all that, I think those wide entries, and what it does to the visible apex, look just plum ugly that way.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 03:14 (Ref:3168263)   #2471
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The drivers seemed to like the hidden apexes---a little challenge for them.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 03:57 (Ref:3168279)   #2472
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
That had to do with the elevation. It would be the same with conventional, radiused inner corners at 1 and 11, because it's the profile of the hills and valleys that makes them "hidden".
Old 19 Nov 2012, 04:20 (Ref:3168288)   #2473
TF110
Veteran

United States
Who cares what we think. As long as the racing is good and has more than 4 circle turns iits all good imo.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 06:06 (Ref:3168302)   #2474
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I can't say that I particularly care for those wide entries at Turns 1 and 11. You can't really use that tarmac, or you won't make the exit of the corner because your line is too shallow. That type of variation, most definitely, increases the chances for collisions; visualize that shallow line, and the traditional line, and see at what kind of angle those two cross. Also, it's one of the cardinal rules of track design that the corner exit should NOT be narrower than the corner entry.

Apart from all that, I think those wide entries, and what it does to the visible apex, look just plum ugly that way.
I thought we saw cars able to make their lines work from anywhere into T1 today, under the right circumstances at least. Sure, the traditional wide line into the corner is definitely the best and helps keep that nice open exit, but people pulled off passes all the way over to the extreme left hand side on several occasions. At the very least it also helped keep cars side by side into 2, which was even more exciting.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 10:59 (Ref:3168410)   #2475
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Silverstone WEC date change?

Not sure if this has been mentioned already (apologies if it has), but Marcel (ten Caat - DSC) has spotted some movement in the European F3 calendar, part of the 2013 Silverstone ELMS/WEC support package, which would imply that the opening rounds of the ELMS and WEC are about to be moved back a week to the weekend of the 19th to 21st April. Watch this space!