Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Sep 2010, 13:00 (Ref:2754434)   #101
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's definitely an incident.
An accident would assume no guilt, while the wobbly wing certainly seems to contribute alot to the cars imbalance going in and out of a tow.

It's either shoddy engineering or over the edge design, imo.
Old 4 Sep 2010, 13:06 (Ref:2754437)   #102
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
It's definitely an incident.
An accident would assume no guilt,
Vettel basically said he was sorry: "I’m sorry, obviously it was not my intention to destroy his race or mine." Therefore he must have felt some guilt.

The UK police like to classify these things as "crashes" these days, rather than as accidents or incidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
It's either shoddy engineering or over the edge design, imo.
Most other teams would want something similar on their cars.

Last edited by Marbot; 4 Sep 2010 at 13:17.
Old 4 Sep 2010, 13:26 (Ref:2754444)   #103
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, who wouldn't want aero gizmo's that only work properly in clean air.

Besides, I wouldn't blame Vettel for driving, or at least trying to drive, a car with dangerously wobbly wings.
Old 5 Sep 2010, 11:48 (Ref:2754709)   #104
AverageRaceFan
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
AverageRaceFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Bull and Vodka Giives You Wobbly Wings!!!
Old 5 Sep 2010, 12:33 (Ref:2754720)   #105
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ban Him!
Old 5 Sep 2010, 20:09 (Ref:2754863)   #106
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Armco; Agree...all the "F1 drivers" on here commenting know far more than the guy who reacts on the split second on the track, with adrenaline running in the veins..............just like 80% of posters here. Vettel cocked up big time, Kempi will tell you otherwise (TGF3). Vettels admitted it, why is this thread so many pages?? Vettel, yes, great competitor, great driver, the adrenalins pumping, look at Alonso, same difference..causes cock ups...thats competing, trying to win, move forward a place, you cock up...your German, it happens.........................history......

Last edited by djinvicta; 5 Sep 2010 at 20:11. Reason: Forgot English!!
Old 5 Sep 2010, 20:10 (Ref:2754864)   #107
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Nothings changed..............
Old 5 Sep 2010, 20:59 (Ref:2754884)   #108
Roths
Rookie

Roths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Armco; Agree...all the "F1 drivers" on here commenting know far more than the guy who reacts on the split second on the track, with adrenaline running in the veins..............just like 80% of posters here. Vettel cocked up big time, Kempi will tell you otherwise (TGF3). Vettels admitted it, why is this thread so many pages?? Vettel, yes, great competitor, great driver, the adrenalins pumping, look at Alonso, same difference..causes cock ups...thats competing, trying to win, move forward a place, you cock up...your German, it happens.........................history......

I started this thread to see the opinions of other motor racing fans on Vettels driving. Many people have placed their comments and voiced their opinion. You may not agree with what people are saying but please do not insult other peoples opinions and do not racially stereotype the nationality of other people. If you have an opinion then place it but do not assume that your opinion is superior to others by insulting theirs. Thank you.
Old 6 Sep 2010, 06:11 (Ref:2755005)   #109
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Kempi will tell you otherwise
At no point in this or any other thread I said that Vettel made no fault when crashing into Button. In fact, I immediately said he screwed that maneuver. What I did say, and I am still of that opinion, is that the crash didn't warrant a penalty. There were other incidents this season and even this race that were more penalty worthy but didn't receive one.
Old 6 Sep 2010, 13:59 (Ref:2755180)   #110
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's no way this warranted a penalty. Vettel made an error and he happened to collide with Button. It wasn't as though he actually hit Button during a reckless overtaking manoeuvre. He and Button both paid for his mistake, but that's part of racing. Yes, Vettel is rather crap at overtaking from what we have seen, but this isn't the best example of that. I guess people are drawing so much attention to it because the championship is reaching the point it is, and Vettel's slipping further behind.
Old 6 Sep 2010, 18:34 (Ref:2755318)   #111
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
I wouldhave loved to see Button give Vettel the crazy gesture with his finger as Vettel drove by but button has more class than that. It would have been funny though.