Adrian Sutil 10 30.30%
Jules Bianchi 23 69.70%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Mar 2013, 15:52 (Ref:3220633)   #101
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
like i said before, what if the truth was a long way from what you need to be found innocent?
Well I don't know about you, but I'd rather like a Judge to decide that, not a so called "friend" worried about his brand image.

But like I said before, we all have different values.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 15:57 (Ref:3220636)   #102
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A judge did decide it.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 15:57 (Ref:3220637)   #103
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Regarding his performance, i fail to see what was so sensational tbh.

He's well proven as being 'quick enough', the car seems solid. He started from the most sought-after position on the grid (after Hulk DNS'ed), ran an opposite strategy to everyone infront that naturally saw him lead.

He quite predictably struggled like a pig on the super softs at the end and the only thing that kept him infront of Di Resta was team-orders.

Don't get me wrong, he did a good job on his return, but i fear people (including himself) are rather blinded by the lights that he led for a while by proxy.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 16:00 (Ref:3220638)   #104
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was the way he kept those runners behind him for so long that was impressive.

As opposed to Perez who just waved everyone past.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 16:00 (Ref:3220639)   #105
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
Well I don't know about you, but I'd rather like a Judge to decide that, not a so called "friend" worried about his brand image.

But like I said before, we all have different values.
i mean seriously, what if there was a difference that would effectively either point the finger at the friend to be lying, or would mean that you would have to lie in court to side with your friend? either way you lose your friend. lots of emotional and conflicts that could potentially mean either one of you lies in court.

in an ideal world i totally agree with you and particularly if it was patently obvious that the bloke who was glassed was telling fibs. but i think you're simplifying it the wrong way. i guess we're just going to disagree on this one you speak of us having different values - absolutely. i don't believe in lying in court at all. and someone in this situation is quite obviously lying in court because their stories are different.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3220640)   #106
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
It was the way he kept those runners behind him for so long that was impressive.

As opposed to Perez who just waved everyone past.
i guess teams who are used to being in rare situations know how to make the most of them if they're unlikely to happen again. mclaren aren't, and will play the long game - which may mean letting them past to maintain a lap time instead of driving to maintain a position.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 16:06 (Ref:3220643)   #107
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Certainly you can waste time holding people up, but it can also help you down the road as well.

I feel Perez could probably have held on longer for some of the passes and seemed to be almost tripping over himself at times.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 16:10 (Ref:3220645)   #108
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
The FIF1 is hardly slow, so dirty air took care of Vettel & Co to an extent.

Anyway, i'm not complaining at all. He did Lotus a massive favour.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 18:22 (Ref:3220705)   #109
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Regarding his performance, i fail to see what was so sensational tbh..
Yes, I agree that it wasn't sensational, but it was a very solid performance from someone who hasn't raced for over a year.

Remember, he was actually leading on pace. He was putting time into Vettel not holding him up.

Red Bull's strategy is to load on as much df as possible, gain pole and then run away. The downside to that is they have to use shorter gears and have a lower top speed than some of the competition so even with DRS fully open they can't overtake easily. If the strategy doesn't work and they fall out of position they have a problem.

I wonder if the fact that Force India has led both the last GP's on merit might mean that they could well spring a surprise if the cards fall their way one weekend, the way Sauber and Williams did last year?
Old 19 Mar 2013, 07:37 (Ref:3221021)   #110
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Surprising as Sutil's drive was, it was during a period me the race and not the whole race which surely says more about the tyres he was on in the conditions than any great message about him suddenly becoming a genius? After all Di Resta was close at the end on a kind of reverse strategy?

I'll wait and see how he gets on in the next couple rounds before lauding him too much!
Old 19 Mar 2013, 13:29 (Ref:3221174)   #111
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Surprising as Sutil's drive was, it was during a period me the race and not the whole race which surely says more about the tyres he was on in the conditions than any great message about him suddenly becoming a genius? After all Di Resta was close at the end on a kind of reverse strategy?

I'll wait and see how he gets on in the next couple rounds before lauding him too much!
That's a very fair response I think.

The fact that Di Resta was close on Sutil's tail, and probably could have had a stab at overtaking shows that the split strategy call was pretty much spot on.

I think what it shows is that FI had a car that was pretty solid, certainly better than the McLarens and Williams and were both being driven as fast as they could go!
Old 19 Mar 2013, 13:36 (Ref:3221177)   #112
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
That's a very fair response I think.

The fact that Di Resta was close on Sutil's tail, and probably could have had a stab at overtaking shows that the split strategy call was pretty much spot on.

I think what it shows is that FI had a car that was pretty solid, certainly better than the McLarens and Williams and were both being driven as fast as they could go!
Yes, it does point to the car being fairly handy and fairly kind to it's tyres, well, a particular harder option of them anyway.

Sutil seemed to struggle more than almost everyone when he finally got onto the softies at the end, is that right?
Old 19 Mar 2013, 13:49 (Ref:3221183)   #113
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Quote:

Sutil seemed to struggle more than almost everyone when he finally got onto the softies at the end, is that right?
He certainly seemed to, but I don't know how much that was down to his relative lack of experience on the tyres or his natural desire to maintain position? Maybe a combination of both.

it seems you can cook them in half a lap if you're not careful, whatever car you are in.
Old 25 May 2013, 21:30 (Ref:3253187)   #114
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody else see the drivers press conference pre practice? Lewis was asked about the relationship with Adrian now. It's clear he regrets following the McLaren party line and not supporting his friend. He seems wistful, and sorry but Adrians taking a hard line, as he's entitled to of course. All very sad, I hope they sort it out sooner rather than later.
Old 28 May 2013, 09:30 (Ref:3254408)   #115
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Well Sutil makes the most of what he's got on the day again then.

But that's 2 races out of 6, albeit with at least 2 scuppered due to unbelievable nonsense in the garage department!

Can FI and their drivers capitalise on what is patently obviously an excellent car before a/ the tyres change, and b/ some of the others catch up?
Old 29 May 2013, 20:20 (Ref:3255169)   #116
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Quote:

Can FI and their drivers capitalise on what is patently obviously an excellent car before a/ the tyres change, and b/ some of the others catch up?
I think they'll go well at Montreal. The car is very fast through the speed traps and whilst not having the overall downforce of a RB or Merc it seems to be well balanced at most circuits, letting the drivers get the most out of what they have.

Silverstone and Spa should suit them, but I guess you have to believe Maclaren will eventually get their act together before too long.

I do find it funny though, sometimes you have to wonder who has the "technical partnership" with who?