Glock 0 0%
Trulli 0 0%
Other 3 2.65%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Aug 2010, 13:34 (Ref:2751743)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race : Belgian GP

The driver of the race is...
Old 29 Aug 2010, 13:38 (Ref:2751747)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was going to give it to Schumi but after he was passed by Rosberg it goes to the best driver in the world.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 13:44 (Ref:2751751)   #3
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite a few contenders, but had to give it Lewis. I echo ralf fan's feelings about Schumacher, had he held off Nico for the last few laps I might have given it to him, probably Michael's best drive of the year.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 13:44 (Ref:2751752)   #4
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Good drives by Sutil, Petrov, Rosberg Schumacher and Kobyashi (biggest movers) but really Hamilton was the class of the field.

And Messrs Alonso and Vettel.......?
Old 29 Aug 2010, 13:49 (Ref:2751754)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I gave it to Massa. He was largely ignored and outdrove Alonso.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 14:19 (Ref:2751767)   #6
genevieve_autumn
Rookie

United Kingdom
London somedays, Dartford other days
genevieve_autumn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was torn between Masa and Hamilton, as Massa is coming back from that injury finally, as I think he lost some confidence since that race. In the end I went for hamilton, as hes now acting like a grown up rather than a spoilt child as he use to, he really showed his maturity in this race and kept his cool, maintained a good race and recovered really well from almost going out of the race. And as they said, he didn't panic and it showed in his voice when they spoke to him while behind the saftey car.

I also want to unofficially vote Alfonso and Vettell as drivers of the race for pure entertainment, I was laughing when Alfonso went out can't stand him and I use to really like Vettal but I think he is now showing his age and is acting how hamilton use to act, i hope he doesnt continue this way as he did look a little bit out of control today and he is acting a bit rash recently, so I'm starting to worry he is a flash in the pan, I don't think hes got the longevity that some drivers have if he keeps acting the way hes is at the moment.

I just don't want Webber to win, we'd never hear the end of it, so I am glad hamilton won for us and thats why I also voted for him, he did us proud.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 14:54 (Ref:2751783)   #7
Bakersboy
Racer

England
Stoke on Trent
Bakersboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it to Hamilton, just for the start. Vettel was good value for his wild ways but that's not what this is about. At least he got a drive through for destroying Button's world championship chances - that seems fair.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 15:17 (Ref:2751793)   #8
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Kubica had an exceptionally strong weekend so he gets my vote!
Old 29 Aug 2010, 15:19 (Ref:2751794)   #9
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis controlled the race very well and the only mistake was down to his team keeping him out too long. He took the blame for it but in reality they, the top three should have come in a lap earlier in hindsight.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 15:27 (Ref:2751795)   #10
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilap View Post
Lewis controlled the race very well and the only mistake was down to his team keeping him out too long. He took the blame for it but in reality they, the top three should have come in a lap earlier in hindsight.
IN HINDSIGHT. That's the crucial point: early in the race it rained and dried up, and staying on slicks was clearly the right thing to do, in hindsight. At the end of the race it started raining slowly, then got worse, and really there was no perfect time to change. Those who changed early cooked their tyres before itgot wet enough. Those who changed later, had to tippytoe around for a bit and it was obviously very difficult. In the end, all the mid-field changed first so then it became a no-brainer for the the top 3.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 15:32 (Ref:2751797)   #11
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm going with Kubica..... yes he faffed it up in his last stop and lost 2nd as a result, but he made the very best of an ordinary car.

I would have given it to Hamilton until he was protected by the good Lord with his near barrier / race ending moment.

Sad to say it being a Vettel fan, but he gets the '5 knuckle shuffle' award for today.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 16:20 (Ref:2751813)   #12
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sutil for me. Super drive!
Old 29 Aug 2010, 16:43 (Ref:2751823)   #13
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I would have given it to Hamilton until he was protected by the good Lord with his near barrier / race ending moment.
I dunno, he did make the initial mistake but then managed to keep it out of the barriers by skilful steering and throttle control. Not sure the Lord of whichever religion watches F1.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2751864)   #14
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Adrian Sutil get's my vote for a well controlled drive..
Old 29 Aug 2010, 18:45 (Ref:2751874)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton flawless, Massa deserves a mention.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 19:29 (Ref:2751909)   #16
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Petrov did a nice performance starting from the back, and finished on points. He almost could with the Mercedes cars.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 19:47 (Ref:2751926)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
LH for me but I was incredibly impressed with several drivers today. some have already been mentioned but I was most surprised by Liuzzi. he showed some skills today that I have not seen from him before.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 20:23 (Ref:2751952)   #18
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Sutil for me. The top 3 all made small mistakes, where Adrian didn't. Loved it how he passed a bunch of cars, including both Mercedes.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 20:41 (Ref:2751972)   #19
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also, a word to both Mercedes drivers and Kamui Kobayashi, who all started way down the field and finished 6th, 7th and 8th.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 20:46 (Ref:2751978)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Has to be Hamilton.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 21:00 (Ref:2751988)   #21
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I'm going with Kubica.....I would have given it to Hamilton until he was protected by the good Lord with his near barrier / race ending moment.
Sad to say it being a Vettel fan, but he gets the '5 knuckle shuffle' award for today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
I dunno, he did make the initial mistake but then managed to keep it out of the barriers by skilful steering and throttle control. Not sure the Lord of whichever religion watches F1.
Hamilton in the PC said specifically about the Lord having a hand over him..... hence my use of the term.
Quote:
".... I braked quite late and locked my wheel and went wide at turn eight and jeez, the Lord definitely had his hand over me there as I was able to get away with it....."

Last edited by E.B; 29 Aug 2010 at 21:06.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 21:27 (Ref:2752006)   #22
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All three on the podium made mistakes, but Lewis was the only driver of the three not to lose a place from his mistake. He seemed to have it all under control despite the conditions, and apart from his wander through some stones, he never looked like losing it.

Voted for Hamilton.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 23:07 (Ref:2752068)   #23
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Always had talent, always had great cars. Now has judgement an maturity. Lewis!
Old 29 Aug 2010, 23:14 (Ref:2752069)   #24
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I voted for Webber. The bad start wasn't his fault and he recovered from it very well, admittedly helped by the idiocy/misfortunes of others.

Monza will be a much sterner test for RBR.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 23:38 (Ref:2752073)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I voted for Webber. The bad start wasn't his fault and he recovered from it very well, admittedly helped by the idiocy/misfortunes of others.

Monza will be a much sterner test for RBR.
Yep! The RB6 is a little slower in a straight line than you may expect, rat-a-tat-tatting on the limiter in 7th, as the Mercedes engines almost pick up another gear! Potsie did very well in the circumstances!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods