Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 Jun 2014, 07:41 (Ref:3428454)   #26
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Ian was thinking about it when we had a chance of a TR pitch but once we lost that he decided he was to short of holiday, he did tell me how much he enjoyed his day at your car show, so next year i will try to make it. I do hope your hotel is better than the place we had for the test day, it was very close to the station and some of the other people staying there were obviously there on business if you get my meaning
Old 30 Jun 2014, 13:31 (Ref:3428579)   #27
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
For those of you going to the Classic here's an update on the Rouen situation:
The Grande-Mare tunnel on the N28 is closed southbound until 8 August.
This is causing massive problems and the east side of Rouen is best avoided.
The signed HGV westerly route is the quickest:
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...8.keRqLSis1HBY
but you might like to take the scenic route via Yvetot and the Pont de Brotonne.
Neufchatel and Bourgtheroude are just arbitary points to create the map.

For information the tunnel is open northbound, but is restricted to one lane.
Old 30 Jun 2014, 14:34 (Ref:3428606)   #28
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Pink Panther
I assume the Land Rover rather than the car for the tv cartoon.
Old 30 Jun 2014, 16:33 (Ref:3428657)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djcomix View Post
Hi GT6, if you need space to put you tent, i have enough place if you like to ;-)
Laurent, we have got an answer back from Nadine and it is beausjour only so if you are sure it is OK i would like to take up your kind offer, will sent a PM
Old 30 Jun 2014, 19:39 (Ref:3428708)   #30
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
I assume the Land Rover rather than the car for the tv cartoon.
Neither - it is a Panther Kallista tastefully finished in pink
Old 30 Jun 2014, 20:16 (Ref:3428721)   #31
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
well you don't see many of them
Old 30 Jun 2014, 20:32 (Ref:3428725)   #32
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
All sorted now, camping in Laurent (djcomix) garden, so should be nice and quiet and a short drive to the circuit, it always amazes me how friendly people on this forum are
Old 1 Jul 2014, 07:24 (Ref:3428887)   #33
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Friendly and generous
Old 1 Jul 2014, 07:51 (Ref:3428900)   #34
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Oh well Helen tries again to upset my le mans plans, she got off the sofa yesterday evening and broke her little toe at the base some how, spent last night in accident and emergency got home at 2 in the morning, she know sports a boot like something out of robocop, thought i would have to drive her to school and back but they have decided it is better for her to stay at home, so temporary thoughts of cancelling my trip have been banished. Warning children can be a problem even when they are all grown up.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 15:16 (Ref:3429057)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ain't they just. We still have season tickets to A&E.....

Get well soon Helen.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 19:52 (Ref:3429158)   #36
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
Djcomix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
plop all!
Yes Simon every one is happy to help you and of course to meet you
May Ian will come to my home again, we hope it too and i'll be really be happy !

See you on thursday and i cross my fingers to have a good weather for us!
if it is not we'll surely find some place in the house

cheers
Old 1 Jul 2014, 23:10 (Ref:3429223)   #37
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djcomix View Post
plop all!
Yes Simon every one is happy to help you and of course to meet you
May Ian will come to my home again, we hope it too and i'll be really be happy !

See you on thursday and i cross my fingers to have a good weather for us!
if it is not we'll surely find some place in the house

cheers
Laurent if I had not already filled my diary with some things to do this weekend I might look for a crossing and come!

Hope you have a great weekend - and see you soon.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 21:00 (Ref:3429634)   #38
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
OK will be leaving early in the morning so hopefully will see a few of you there no access to ten tenths until monday now
Old 7 Jul 2014, 06:31 (Ref:3431280)   #39
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well for all of those that did not attend the classic was a great success, weather was great for the drive down on Thursday and the roof stayed down all the way with liberal additions of sun tan cream required, loads of wonderful cars mostly english and french but we meet a group of danish classic owners on the way down and plenty of germans there as well. We arrived at our luxury camp site in the afternoon and set up the tents, my thanks to Laurent (DJcomix) for the use of his Garden and swimming pool and the wonderful welcome from his family and friends. Weather did get a little worse as the days went by but we had a wonderful time and drove back yesterday again with the roof never being raised, The races were good but changing conditions and horrid downpour on sunday morning did mean that i missed a large chunk as we waited for a chance to put the tents down. Oh well third visit to Le mans this year is over and it is 11 months until i will be there again how will i survive
Old 7 Jul 2014, 09:27 (Ref:3431333)   #40
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We too had a good Classic weekend, dodging the rain showers added to the fun.

The atmosphere was excellent. Plenty of exotic metal in the campsite, much more so than recent 24hrs.

We were on Maison Blanche and we disappointed with the quantity of the shower and toilets compared to our usual berth in Houx. Not sure if it is the same setup for the 24hrs but there was just 2 lots of 3 toilets for the whole site with no urinals, which encourages ad-hoc use of walls and trees to avoid queues.

As with all good events there is the feeling that there's too much to see, with the paddocks, track action and owner's club displays.

Finally, I had to bid farewell to my trusty €30 pop-up tent after many years of service, due to a hole in the floor and a busted zip.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 09:42 (Ref:3431342)   #41
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
We were in MB 2 years ago and the facilities were poor, we used the showers/loos in the main ACO building rather than those on the site. I had to leave a few things behind to, my inflatable bed let me down literally most nights and therefore was disposed of.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 20:27 (Ref:3431538)   #42
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
lol
RIP to your inflatable bed Simon
can't wait for the next le mans classic !

cheers
Old 8 Jul 2014, 06:32 (Ref:3431655)   #43
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
We were in MB 2 years ago and the facilities were poor, we used the showers/loos in the main ACO building rather than those on the site. I had to leave a few things behind to, my inflatable bed let me down literally most nights and therefore was disposed of.
Does staying in Maison Blanche put a curse on inflatable camping mattresses? Mine kept deflating overnight too this year, so I also left it behind. :/
Old 8 Jul 2014, 07:42 (Ref:3431676)   #44
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Most years somethings get left behind, Gazebo's last a few years normally but inflatable mattresses now seem to last only a few camping trips, however they are now much cheaper to buy. But that is of little consequence when you are lying on a hard patch of ground a few hours after going to bed.
Old 8 Jul 2014, 08:40 (Ref:3431691)   #45
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simon, cheers for the beer! I'll try and prompt our friend to post a piccie from the 'meet'..

Had a great, if tiring time. As mentioned there was almost too much to see and I never quite got the hang of where the road trains stopped at or which routes they covered.

MB was a disappointment to be honest, but at least we could see the exit of the Posche Curves, so could easily see cars even when having a little Breakfast.

Arnage Corner at night was excellent. We probably got there too early - but then again we saw the 66 - 71 cars going round there and I almost couldn't get my 9 year old to leave!! Even when that session had been Red Flagged. It was great to behold the faster cars overtaking on the outside and inside and every which way and then the light rain started to make things even more 'interesting'..

A really good atmosphere in general though and as I said almost too much to see on all fronts!
Old 11 Jul 2014, 20:19 (Ref:3432967)   #46
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
i agree with you all
lots of thing to see during the LMC !