Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 May 2015, 14:09 (Ref:3537098)   #51
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*puts the mod hat on* pack it in, kids.

steve, seriously, not every single discussion requires you to prove max verstappen is the best thing ever. there's a point where fanboying becomes trolling. don't be that guy.
Old 13 May 2015, 14:19 (Ref:3537102)   #52
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
*puts the mod hat on* pack it in, kids.

steve, seriously, not every single discussion requires you to prove max verstappen is the best thing ever. there's a point where fanboying becomes trolling. don't be that guy.
so I have to agree with every ridiculous point someone else is trying to make even though it makes no sense at all?
Old 13 May 2015, 17:22 (Ref:3537156)   #53
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
so I have to agree with every ridiculous point someone else is trying to make even though it makes no sense at all?
Yes

Where did he say you had to agree?

Obviously you didn't read it well enough, such as when I explain that by changing teams, you can change your fortunes, etc, and Leclerc is bloody fast, etc

Anyway, I'm bored of repeating myself. I've had enough and don't want to look back at this thread and see 3 pages of a needless argument anyway. So I'm going to end this argument right now with a very dramatic full stop.
Old 13 May 2015, 18:24 (Ref:3537178)   #54
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Yes

Where did he say you had to agree?

Obviously you didn't read it well enough, such as when I explain that by changing teams, you can change your fortunes, etc, and Leclerc is bloody fast, etc

Anyway, I'm bored of repeating myself. I've had enough and don't want to look back at this thread and see 3 pages of a needless argument anyway. So I'm going to end this argument right now with a very dramatic full stop.

so am I, as I already said: the strongest drivers from last years championship have left.

the numbers 1,2,3,4,5 and 7 have all left the championship, so how could it be a stronger field?

it clearly is'nt since the numers 6 and 8 from last years championship are now front runners.

but you don't seems to want to read these facts.
Old 14 May 2015, 14:50 (Ref:3537405)   #55
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Anyway back to F1...

Wonder if Ricciardo will make himself available and if so who would pick him up?
Old 15 May 2015, 00:41 (Ref:3537550)   #56
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Anyway back to F1...

Wonder if Ricciardo will make himself available and if so who would pick him up?
Ferrari
Old 20 May 2015, 15:14 (Ref:3539676)   #57
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So Lewis has finally done another deal with Mercedes for three years.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119064

They took their time it the negociations must be going on for about a year at this stage.
Old 27 May 2015, 07:12 (Ref:3541655)   #58
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David Thexton could be lining up for a Manor/Marussia drive soon...
Old 7 Jun 2015, 15:57 (Ref:3545817)   #59
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton – Nico Rosberg
Ferrari: Sebastian Vettel – Kimi Räikkönen (?)
Williams Mercedes: Felipe Massa – Valtteri Bottas (?)
Red Bull Renault: Daniel Ricciardo – Max Verstappen (?)
Sauber Ferrari: Felipe Nasr (?) – Marcus Ericsson (?)
Force India Mercedes: Sergio Pérez – Nicolas Hülkenberg (?)
Lotus Mercedes: Romain Grosjean (?) – Pastor Maldonado (?)
Toro Rosso Renault: Carlos Sainz jr. (?) – Dean Stoneman (?)
McLaren Honda: Jenson Button – Fernando Alonso
Manor Ferrari (?): Fabio Leimer (?) – Jordan King (?)
Haas Ferrari (?): Esteban Gutiérrez (?) – Alexander Rossi (?)
Old 7 Jun 2015, 21:33 (Ref:3545912)   #60
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please tell me what Kvyat's doing wrong, how Verstappen deserves RBR over Sainz, and how any RBR junior is proving themselves to be F1 worthy!
Old 7 Jun 2015, 22:13 (Ref:3545934)   #61
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isn't there a rumour of Bottas moving? A suggestion of either Mercedes or Ferrari in 2016? Assuming a seat becomes available. I suspect that Kimi must be looking over his shoulder a bit.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 01:33 (Ref:3545972)   #62
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Where to for Mr Ricciardo? He isnt too pleased at the moment... car issues in public... interesting strategy...

Would make a good pilot at Renault. If they werent so bad.

Riccardo to Renault?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 8 Jun 2015, 09:43 (Ref:3546073)   #63
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricciardo to Ferrari would be nice: Vettel and Ricciardo again...
Old 8 Jun 2015, 12:36 (Ref:3546117)   #64
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He speaks fluent Italian too...
Old 9 Jun 2015, 11:09 (Ref:3546439)   #65
Frosty11
Rookie

Frosty11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Haas and potentially another team coming in next year I would expect a couple of drivers who missed out this year to get back in e.g Vergne and Gutierrez. Although I'd rather have Vergne than Gutierrez.

Whether drivers switch around mainly depends on what Ferrari will do with Raikkonen. If they choose to replace him there's plenty of talented drivers to choose from: Bottas, Ricciardo if he gets fed up at Red Bull, Hulkenberg maybe.

I don't know everybody else but I would love to see Magnussen and Vandoorne in F1 next year. Ron Dennis especially seems confident about Magnussen being on the grid next year. Maybe McLaren could loan them both to Manor or Force India?

Same with Marciello as I think Ferrari could put him at Sauber next year.

As for Haas I think Rossi(American driver who is doing a decent job this season in GP2) and Vergne(Ferrari connection)

Williams lineup next year would mainly depend on what Ferrari do with Raikkonen.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 16:33 (Ref:3546563)   #66
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Magnussen and Vandoorne are far too good for F1 to miss. And McLaren's line up is getting on so a bit of experience for Magnussen and Vamdoorne before they take the reigns would be useful
Old 9 Jun 2015, 20:14 (Ref:3546638)   #67
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Id like to see FA back at Ferrari with Vettel...good fight that would be.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 06:59 (Ref:3546746)   #68
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vergne to Haas should be a no-brainer with his Ferrari links. I still find it odd that he's off the grid this year - to be narrowly edged by Ricciardo then narrowly edge Kvyat last season, surely deserved more than being on the scrapheap while those two get to sit on the top table. Gutierrez is nowhere near his level imo.

Good to see Haas aren't going down the hollywood route of bringing Danica Patrick too. They seem to have their heads screwed on in terms of preparation for their debut, can't see them being another HRT or Marussia at the moment.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 07:24 (Ref:3546751)   #69
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
He speaks fluent Italian too...

Not as well as you might hope!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpZxVz5mbSo

2:18

But I guess a good start!
Old 10 Jun 2015, 11:28 (Ref:3546821)   #70
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m355y View Post
Vergne to Haas should be a no-brainer with his Ferrari links. I still find it odd that he's off the grid this year - to be narrowly edged by Ricciardo then narrowly edge Kvyat last season, surely deserved more than being on the scrapheap while those two get to sit on the top table. Gutierrez is nowhere near his level imo.

JEV destroyed Kvyat even with a sizeable weight disadvantage, no? I reckon Gutierrez's connections and the fact he's North American will make him more likely than JEV for the seat. Rossi alongside.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 13:39 (Ref:3546884)   #71
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Kvyat probably showed enough in qualifying to suggest he was quicker over a lap particularly at the end of the season, that's always been JEV's issue but he came alive on racedays, right back to 2012 where he outscored Ricciardo 16-10. Gutierrez has one seventh place at Suzuka, in a sea of being pretty useless. If Haas are serious then they'd choose him over Gutierrez every time wouldn't they?
Old 10 Jun 2015, 15:40 (Ref:3546943)   #72
Frosty11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Magnussen and Vandoorne are far too good for F1 to miss. And McLaren's line up is getting on so a bit of experience for Magnussen and Vamdoorne before they take the reigns would be useful
You would have to be stupid not to have them in F1. If they have experience at a smaller team next season, they will be more prepared for when they are called upon by Mclaren.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 15:43 (Ref:3546944)   #73
Frosty11
Rookie

Quote:

Good to see Haas aren't going down the hollywood route of bringing Danica Patrick too. They seem to have their heads screwed on in terms of preparation for their debut, can't see them being another HRT or Marussia at the moment.
I like Vergne, he deserved another drive but I'm hoping with the Ferrari connection that he will get on the gird. I agree with you he is far better than Gutierrez.

Everyone at Haas seems to know what they're doing which is great because certainly at HRT they didn't know what they were doing so it's good to see. They should arrive at Australia 2016 fully prepared to race.
Old 18 Jun 2015, 06:08 (Ref:3551765)   #74
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe Ferrari is coming to Mr Ricciardello...

Red Bull To Switch To Ferrari For 2016?

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 18 Jun 2015, 17:29 (Ref:3551933)   #75
Rindt70
Rookie

Rindt70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think Kvyat probably showed enough in qualifying to suggest he was quicker over a lap particularly at the end of the season, that's always been JEV's issue but he came alive on racedays, right back to 2012 where he outscored Ricciardo 16-10. Gutierrez has one seventh place at Suzuka, in a sea of being pretty useless. If Haas are serious then they'd choose him over Gutierrez every time wouldn't they?
Agree, as we can see here

http://www.racingyears.com/comparema...20Toro%20Rosso

Kvyat was ahead in qualifying 12-7, but in races JEV did it very well and was ahead, by a tiny margin