Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 12 Jan 2016, 14:07 (Ref:3604023)   #1
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MSA British Rallycross - 2016 Calendar

Happy New Year all,

Have only just seen that the 2016 BRX calendar has been published and, not seeing it mentioned on here already, thought I'd share it.

http://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/br...ndar-announced

Interesting calendar; great to have the Belgians over for the Easter Bank Holiday event (two-days), which has always been a highlight of the previous seasons (outdoing the WRX in terms of entries).

Really looking forward to that event and hoping for a great entry list with strong Belgian showing and maybe some WRX regulars...

Any news of drivers or car changes welcome!

Adam
Old 13 Jan 2016, 12:15 (Ref:3604349)   #2
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully the British rounds at Lydden are exempt from the 100 dbs limit
Old 13 Jan 2016, 14:42 (Ref:3604382)   #3
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Birley View Post
Hopefully the British rounds at Lydden are exempt from the 100 dbs limit
I could be wrong, but I think that limitation at Lydden may have been imposed with drift cars in mind.

Minor bit of BRC news from Facebook:

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Rallycross Championship Facebook Page
Guy Martin will get his hands on a Rallycross car later this year. A test and a race outing in the MSA British Rallycross Championship in association with Odyssey Battery are planned.

Good story in today’s Motorsport News. Visit Autosport International this weekend to see the man himself.

Old 25 Jan 2016, 02:54 (Ref:3607788)   #4
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What are the changes to the points system for 2016?
Old 26 Jan 2016, 13:14 (Ref:3608106)   #5
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know if there are any significant class or regulation changes this year? I can't find the 2016 regs on the website.
Old 28 Jan 2016, 14:21 (Ref:3608703)   #6
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
Anyone know if there are any significant class or regulation changes this year? I can't find the 2016 regs on the website.
Looks to be a fairly significant change with regards to the finals:

http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/20...r-2016-season/

British Rallycross events will now mirror the format of the World Rallycross Championship with Semi Finals and a Final rather than the traditional Final format.

Semi Finals will involve 8 cars, with the top four going through. Thinking about the entry lists in Super National and Supercars, everyone should get a Semi Final.
Old 29 Jan 2016, 09:25 (Ref:3609000)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol, there s surprise we do EVERYTHING WRX does even though our series is on its knees in terms of numbers.

Genius.

Next we will be hearing only Ollie and Pat get tv coverage, everyone else gets put on youtube
Old 1 Feb 2016, 18:55 (Ref:3610659)   #8
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So if we have semi-finals (not that we'd get 16 supercar entries in British Championship) then will it be 5 abreast on the startline in the heats?
Old 3 Feb 2016, 13:48 (Ref:3611226)   #9
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose the down side is that if some classes take off and have more than 16 entries you end up with some drivers having less track time. 'Everyone gets a final' has been a good maxim in the past.

Plus it was always great to see a top driver who had struggled in the heats work their way up from the back of the C final... it was one of the things that made rallycross unique.
Old 8 Feb 2016, 16:34 (Ref:3613116)   #10
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Hampton Caught should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have an open mind about the changes. It's worked well in the WRX and I hope it does likewise in the British too. It may help the organisers to run things more slickly and for some if not all drivers, give them more track time and sponsoors exposure time too.

A welcome change is that Odyssey Batteries will be paying the entry fee for all Junior rallycross entries for the first round ths year. They will pay the entry fee for the next round for the top three finishers in the previous round's junior final and so on through the year. Great idea, just a slight shame it wasn't announced a month or so earlier to give more teams the opportunity to get a Swift Junior car ready for Croft.

Julian will be out in a new supercar for this year - it will need to be consistent and competitive for him to retain his grip on the overall Championship again. Can't wait for Croft.

Cheers, Steve
Old 8 Feb 2016, 17:07 (Ref:3613131)   #11
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton Caught View Post
Julian will be out in a new supercar for this year - it will need to be consistent and competitive for him to retain his grip on the overall Championship again.
I must admit I was doubtful he would retain the title in 2015 given the increase in consistent Supercar entries, but he held onto it. Godfrey was rumoured to be building a new Fiesta last year: is that his new car, or is it something else?

I wonder if we'll see Scott and O'Donovan do the full championship again in 2016?
Old 9 Feb 2016, 23:56 (Ref:3613513)   #12
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I must admit I was doubtful he would retain the title in 2015 given the increase in consistent Supercar entries, but he held onto it. Godfrey was rumoured to be building a new Fiesta last year: is that his new car, or is it something else?

I wonder if we'll see Scott and O'Donovan do the full championship again in 2016?
Yes, Julian is building a new Fiesta which was at the paint shop a fortnight ago. Hope he doesn't retain the pink and green colour scheme!!

From what Andy Scott and Ollie were saying at the night of champions, they're both taking on the European championship as well as doing the British. Let the good times roll!!!!

Cheers, Steve
Old 10 Feb 2016, 08:56 (Ref:3613588)   #13
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Yes, Julian is building a new Fiesta which was at the paint shop a fortnight ago. Hope he doesn't retain the pink and green colour scheme!!
Agreed! I much preferred the previous blue/white scheme.

Has he broken the Mk.6 Fiesta to build the new car? Or will that car get sold on?

Quote:
From what Andy Scott and Ollie were saying at the night of champions, they're both taking on the European championship as well as doing the British. Let the good times roll!!!!
That's brilliant news if that's the case. Just need Procter to confirm now and that should guarantee a decent battle for the Supercar title in 2016.
Old 10 Feb 2016, 09:16 (Ref:3613590)   #14
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Forgive the double post as I can't edit my last one, but James Grint has confirmed the whole British Rallycross Championship in an Albatec 208:

http://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/gr...albatec-racing
Old 10 Feb 2016, 10:38 (Ref:3613608)   #15
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
That all sounds quite positive doesn't it? Hopefully Simon Horton will have the Subaru up and running for this year as well after his woes last year. Speaking of Subarus - does anyone know what's happened with Kevin McCann and his Subaru, I know he was building a new shape shell but it's all gone quiet.
Old 10 Feb 2016, 12:52 (Ref:3613636)   #16
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Speaking of Subarus - does anyone know what's happened with Kevin McCann and his Subaru, I know he was building a new shape shell but it's all gone quiet.
Last I heard he was selling up. I don't know how often Kev visits the forum, but hopefully he will post a reply himself containing better news!
Old 10 Feb 2016, 14:02 (Ref:3613660)   #17
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
I don't know what Julian Godfrey has planned for his old Fiesta. Hopefully he'll hold on to it complete and wheel it out on special occasions. After all, it's been a superb competition vehicle for him; not many cars have 5 British Championships under their wheels! Don't break it JG!

Andy Scott is in a position to choose who drives for him this year in the British European and WRX. Few can say that. JAMES Grint could do well, he and the 208 are both very competitive. Will Andy be happy being beaten by a team mate though!? 😀
Old 17 Feb 2016, 13:21 (Ref:3615440)   #18
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Well after the Dan Rooke news in the World thread, another Supercar has been confirmed for the British Rallycross Championship:

http://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/ja...ritish-rx-2016

Jack Thorne in a Supercar should be interesting to see!
Old 17 Feb 2016, 18:10 (Ref:3615514)   #19
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Now that is interesting news. Good stuff!

Thinking of good stuff, I'm pleased to see its not the same Fiesta Max Pucher stuffed in the armco at Lithuania (I think it was) in the European last year!!

Yes, the supercars should be just that - super!

Cheers, Steve
Old 17 Feb 2016, 20:07 (Ref:3615553)   #20
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
There's almost enough decent superstar regulars to justify the semi final approach. Should be good, just hope Ollie and kev Procter confirm soon.
Old 18 Feb 2016, 14:15 (Ref:3615739)   #21
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
There might be a healthy number of super cars at the start but being complex pieces of kit used in an aggressive environment how many will be running by the semi finals?

As Julian Godfrey has proven, consistency counts.

Roll on the new season.....

Cheers Steve
Old 19 Feb 2016, 08:58 (Ref:3615923)   #22
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Confirmation that Dan Rooke will be driving a LDM DS3 in the British Championship this year:

http://www.lyddenhill.co.uk/news/msa...ercars-in-2016
Old 19 Feb 2016, 09:18 (Ref:3615932)   #23
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Is that the same DS3 that Harris used, or a different one? Hope they find more pace in it. His and Pat's always seemed off the pace
Old 19 Feb 2016, 12:32 (Ref:3615971)   #24
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Confirmation that Dan Rooke will be driving a LDM DS3 in the British Championship this year:

http://www.lyddenhill.co.uk/news/msa...ercars-in-2016
So what about the C4?
Old 19 Feb 2016, 13:30 (Ref:3615995)   #25
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
So what about the C4?
Quite! Liam did state it was ready for DR! Maybe he meant it was ready for 'doctoring'? 😆 Ahem!

It's too modern to be Retro
Maybe at the time of posting it was an option for Dan to take but it's now confirmed he's in a DS3. Just my speculation.

Cheers Steve