Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Jun 2017, 16:46 (Ref:3746092)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans 3D - Racing is Everything

So....... Did any of you go to a screening of this last night?

My sons treated me to it as a belated Father's Day present. On the whole, I absolutely loved it. Coming so soon after I got back from Le Mans having contracted the obligatory post-Le Mans blues, it was just the shot in the arm I needed. It's actually the first 3D film I've seen. Much of it was brilliantly done - based as it is on the 2015 race. Yes, there were parts where the 3D wasn't so successful, but I'd go and see it again like a shot.

(I know there is/was another thread on this, but as that died a death - I've started a new one).
Old 22 Jun 2017, 17:45 (Ref:3746114)   #2
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There was only about 10-15 people in the showing at my local Vue cinema. Apparently they were thinking of cancelling the showing because only 4 people had pre-booked/reserved seats.

Great film/documentary and I hope more are done in the future.

It was the first film I've seen in 3D. Liked how they had Rob Bell's off radio reaction to the #97 failure on the film. Shame they screwed up some of the in car audio on the onboard bits. Also would have been nice if there was a bit more about the #19 crew.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 18:43 (Ref:3746125)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, I think there were 16 punters for our showing when we sat down and another 4-5 came in just after the start. As far as I'm concerned, a lot of people missed a treat.....

It certainly made Mr. Cox look as big a prune as we understood him to be at the time 2 years ago!
Old 22 Jun 2017, 18:47 (Ref:3746130)   #4
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yeah, I think there were 16 punters for our showing when we sat down and another 4-5 came in just after the start. As far as I'm concerned, a lot of people missed a treat.....

It certainly made Mr. Cox look as big a prune as we understood him to be at the time 2 years ago!
Most people walked out at the end not knowing about the bonus feature, which was obviously meant to go before the main piece.

Yeh, was quite amusing listening to him going on about the Nissan and how good it was going to be etc knowing the end result.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 20:27 (Ref:3746144)   #5
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
If anyone hears anything about a potential 3D blu ray release of this please let us know, would love to have this in the collection.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 20:30 (Ref:3746147)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Most people walked out at the end not knowing about the bonus feature, which was obviously meant to go before the main piece.

Yeh, was quite amusing listening to him going on about the Nissan and how good it was going to be etc knowing the end result.

We saw the bonus feature first in our screening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 22 Jun 2017, 20:57 (Ref:3746150)   #7
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Would love to see it, sadly it is not shown over here.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 22:42 (Ref:3746161)   #8
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this the same thing that is available on Amazon Prime, 6 30 minute episodes. Not in 3D, covering the 2015 race.

If so I really enjoyed it, but the post race Radio Le Mans commentaries are a bit obviously fake, but don't really spoil it.
Old 23 Jun 2017, 07:25 (Ref:3746194)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I stand to be corrected, but I don't think it is. Aside from the 3D, there is definitely real commentary in the movie (as I recognise a lot of it - as I listen regularly to the podcasts after each event). I watched a little of the first episode last night and I'm sure it's not exactly the same.
Old 23 Jun 2017, 09:22 (Ref:3746217)   #10
FG1
Veteran

It would be odd for two films with exactly the same name, covering the same race, not to be related in some way, but I suppose it's possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Aside from the 3D,
For me, 3D adds little to action, as the strobing is so distracting.
Old 23 Jun 2017, 09:27 (Ref:3746219)   #11
FG1
Veteran

They do appear to have different entries in IMDB, though they share a production company.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6628364/?ref_=nv_sr_1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5654164/?ref_=nv_sr_2
Old 23 Jun 2017, 11:41 (Ref:3746233)   #12
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No mention of any of the RLM 'cast' on the IMDB listing for the 3D film.

Having not seen the 3D film, but having seen the Amazon series, I assume they share the same raw footage/interviews but are just edited and narrated differently.
Old 23 Jun 2017, 13:41 (Ref:3746257)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FG1 View Post
It would be odd for two films with exactly the same name, covering the same race, not to be related in some way, but I suppose it's possible.

For me, 3D adds little to action, as the strobing is so distracting.
I would say this one definitely does Francis. It was my first experience of 3D and although I would happily watch it again without it, it certainly added to my enjoyment - at times dramatically. It wasn't perfect, by any means, but it certainly made a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
No mention of any of the RLM 'cast' on the IMDB listing for the 3D film.

Having not seen the 3D film, but having seen the Amazon series, I assume they share the same raw footage/interviews but are just edited and narrated differently.
I think that's a fair summary Guy.
Old 23 Jun 2017, 17:11 (Ref:3746285)   #14
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
The 3D film had Amazon titles at the beginning.
Old 23 Jun 2017, 19:26 (Ref:3746304)   #15
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw it in Leeds, a heathly crowd there of roughly 20-25 more than for journey to Le Mans or the Steve McQueen documentary.

Thought it was good, 3D was a little rough round the edges in places but I doubt this had a fraction of the budget of avatar.

What I most liked was the different views you got from some of the corners that even if you visit you can't get. There was one at arnage that had the cars coming straight towards the camera that was wonderful.

Will definitely watch again and will have to watch it one time just pausing it on the crowd shots in case I recognise anyone!

About Nissan, when it was mentioned that it crossed the line over 100 laps down, someone in the cinema burst out laughing
Old 23 Jun 2017, 20:21 (Ref:3746312)   #16
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giba View Post
About Nissan, when it was mentioned that it crossed the line over 100 laps down, someone in the cinema burst out laughing
Old 28 Jun 2017, 09:03 (Ref:3747553)   #17
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just watching this through now. Because this was bought up by Amazon they do a decent job of promoting it within Amazon Prime. It's was about the fifth thing I hit when scrolling through the 'Featured' section which is pretty impressive. And means more people will see it.

It's hitting a few of the usual documentary cliches - emphasis on danger etc - and I'm not really sure why some guys were interviewed in their native language when they speak perfect English. Great to see people making these films though and I'll give a fuller review when I've watched it all.

Darren Cox probably hoped this would never leave the cutting room floor.