Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 12 Dec 2005, 19:43 (Ref:1482534)   #26
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
People from Zandvoort have spoken with Sheik Maktoum last weekend and I expect a race at Zandvoort.
Old 12 Dec 2005, 19:52 (Ref:1482545)   #27
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Correct.

My understanding is the three European rounds will be Brands, Zandvoort and France or Czech Republic
Old 12 Dec 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1482546)   #28
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Lets hope not! Somewhere like Silverstone or even Donnington would be far better IMO. Brands is just too narrow, it showed that this season.
Doningtons not much wider anyway, and the feature race was brilliant.

And Brands is good for spectators.
Old 12 Dec 2005, 20:00 (Ref:1482549)   #29
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Donnington is signifcantly wider than Brands and is also good for spectators, there are just as many good viewing points at Donnington that there are at Brands GP layout. Also Donnington will have a brand new pits complex which will be a heck of a lot better than the somewhat outdated facilites at Brands.
Old 12 Dec 2005, 20:16 (Ref:1482566)   #30
Paddockman
Racer

England
Hampshire UK
Paddockman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Lets hope not! Somewhere like Silverstone or even Donnington would be far better IMO. Brands is just too narrow, it showed that this season.
Only my opionion but I would definately like to see the race stay at Brands.

For one the crowd can get nearer the action than at Donnington or Stalag Silverstone and after all if you don,t want to be close as possible to the cars to hear and literally smell them like you can on the GP loop then you might as well watch on TV.

Brands may not create the best racing because of the width but other factors far outway that.

I could go on for ever on this subject but I won't and as you can see IMO it has to be Brands.
Old 12 Dec 2005, 21:30 (Ref:1482618)   #31
Milanostah
Rookie

Milanostah should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the racing. The only thing I'd do would be to put the teams into divisions, with (if expansion to 30 correct) 6 divisions of 5 nations, with the top 2 in each getting races (although, there'd have to be a point where this ends... the 9th weekend of the year, I guess.)
Old 12 Dec 2005, 21:35 (Ref:1482621)   #32
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those of you that understand Italian. If this report is correct A1GP could be in trouble.
Old 12 Dec 2005, 21:40 (Ref:1482623)   #33
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddockman
Only my opionion but I would definately like to see the race stay at Brands.

For one the crowd can get nearer the action than at Donnington or Stalag Silverstone and after all if you don,t want to be close as possible to the cars to hear and literally smell them like you can on the GP loop then you might as well watch on TV.

Brands may not create the best racing because of the width but other factors far outway that.
The biggest factor Brands has going for it is the size of Jonathon Palmer's wallet.
But watch for the GP circuit closing completely with all of it's big events transfering to Snetterton on the completion of it's extension and up-grade.

I'd like to see the A1GP event more around Britain to a different venue each year.
Old 12 Dec 2005, 21:46 (Ref:1482628)   #34
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Big bunches of cars scrapping for placings, old fashioned slipstreaming and slippy-sliding through the corners. Best of all, the drivers that look quickest actually are.

Yep, proper racing.

Not quite sure I've got into this nations idea, though, and I think that having to use different drivers for the two races would help.
Old 12 Dec 2005, 22:14 (Ref:1482656)   #35
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
and I think that having to use different drivers for the two races would help.
Yeah! two different drivers should be great!
Old 12 Dec 2005, 23:32 (Ref:1482708)   #36
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Generally it's been very good. There are a few things I'd change - the points system doesn't reward success or adventurous driving enough, and the qualifying system is a bit convoluted, but the quality of racing has been fantastic, and the TV/media coverage is perhaps the most that any first-year series has ever had. Well done and thank you to everyone involved.