Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Feb 2008, 10:23 (Ref:2120357)   #1
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC to shown live on ITV4

All rounds of the 2008 BTCC are to be shown live on ITV4 with support races being shown also see here for more info
Old 4 Feb 2008, 16:23 (Ref:2120819)   #2
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Finally, proper TV coverage
Old 4 Feb 2008, 16:30 (Ref:2120825)   #3
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just depends who they are going to get to front the programme!

I would love to see Diana Binks fronting it!
Old 4 Feb 2008, 16:33 (Ref:2120828)   #4
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No no no no no no no no no. Anyone BUT Jar Jar Binks!!!!!!!!!! She's as bad as James Allen in the annoyance stakes.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 17:00 (Ref:2120847)   #5
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanowat1
All rounds of the 2008 BTCC are to be shown live on ITV4 with support races being shown also see here for more info
Read it carefully,

They are live at every meeting with all races in their entirety. Given the programme starts at 12.30, the likelyhood is that Race 1 and Race 2 will both be full race re-runs and Race 3 live, with possibly as few as 1 live support race from each meeting since...
Quote:
the valuable extra airtime also means that more ‘behind the scenes’ stories will be shown, thus giving viewers greater insight into the BTCC. As well, some support races will be seen live on ITV for the first time
So 2 delay races, lifestyle of a BTCC driver or worse BTCC Driver's wives, The support before and Race 3 Live, with too much faffing around on the end since the 5.30 end of broadcast is probably set in stone so they daren't show what is usually the final support race live in case there is a safety car and they have to pull the plug before it finishes.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 17:23 (Ref:2120868)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As one of the (apparently) only 10% of the population who doesn't get ITV4, I'm disappointed. Can I avoid the results until Monday night?
Old 4 Feb 2008, 18:47 (Ref:2120916)   #7
Koulle
Racer

United Kingdom
Koulle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame that there won't be any live coverage on ITV1.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 18:57 (Ref:2120927)   #8
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Could you buy a thirty quid freeview box?
Old 4 Feb 2008, 19:00 (Ref:2120931)   #9
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well at least there is a decent amount of coverage for BTCC at last.
Also support races getting some airtime,which can only be a good thing.
If you really wanna see them on itv4,invest in a free view box,i got mine from e bay for around £15,a small price to pay for some good racing.

Due to the fact i`m only able to marshal at 2 BTCC events this season,this will make a sunday evening more plesant after a weekend on the bank.

Last edited by gachjoel; 4 Feb 2008 at 19:04.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 19:07 (Ref:2120940)   #10
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eight of the ten fixtures will be shown live and non-stop on ITV4 from 12.30pm-5.30pm with the remaining two receiving three hours of coverage apiece. All three BTCC races on the day will now be broadcast in their entirety and the valuable extra airtime also means that more ‘behind the scenes’ stories will be shown, thus giving viewers greater insight into the BTCC. As well, some support races will be seen live on ITV for the first time.

“With five hours of live coverage on race-day, ITV4 is able to now devote more time and resources to fully cover our events as well as to reflect on the BTCC’s history, in what is the championship’s 50th anniversary season
Old 4 Feb 2008, 19:20 (Ref:2120947)   #11
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has there been any announcement about whether Setanta will be continuing the full race day coverage, including the support races, that they took over from Motors TV last year?
Old 4 Feb 2008, 19:29 (Ref:2120951)   #12
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
will also broadcast a one-hour highlights programme on the Monday night after each event. Its sister digital station Men & Motors will schedule that same programme during the week following each event.

Furthermore, ITV’s website www.itv.com will live-stream each Sunday afternoon BTCC broadcast

Not seen anything with regards to setanta
Old 4 Feb 2008, 19:33 (Ref:2120954)   #13
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I take it you have not read the stories all over the net!

You can see the BTCC on ITV1, ITV4 and 'Men & Motors'!!!

NOWHERE ELSE!!!!
Old 4 Feb 2008, 19:57 (Ref:2120978)   #14
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
Yeah have been browsing the web and not seen anything about who wasn`t airing it.
but i find it strange how setanta had the rights to it last year, when M & M is the sister station of itv.
but the main thing is that there is going to be some decent coverage of the sport
Old 4 Feb 2008, 20:08 (Ref:2120988)   #15
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds nice I used to have motors two years ago, and enjoyed being on the couch whatching some quality racing. Although, I fear it will be on 'Dave' next year with that guy who does the WRC.....
Old 4 Feb 2008, 20:11 (Ref:2120991)   #16
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems like less coverage to me

Cheaper though.

All you tight wads shouting about how much better it is, when in fact, it means it's the first time in 4 years all of the rounds won't be live on a television broadcast.

Hopefully the live internet coverage for the earlier rounds holds up.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 20:26 (Ref:2121007)   #17
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
Still can't get Freeview where we are. Can't even get Five on terrestrial. And we pay higher taxes than most, and the same TV license.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 20:33 (Ref:2121014)   #18
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I have got a digibox in the UK and can recieve BBC1 / 2 / 3 Thats all, so I can only get one other channel BBC 3 . I live in the sticks and have been reliably informed that it wont work untill 2010. The funny thing is that if its raining I can get another 20 channels ! can anyone explain ? I don't wish for rain "but"

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 4 Feb 2008 at 20:35.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Feb 2008, 20:36 (Ref:2121016)   #19
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
There's a website which allows you to record TV from the UK (I think ITV4 is part of it) and ITV do it on their site.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 20:54 (Ref:2121035)   #20
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan
Read it carefully,

They are live at every meeting with all races in their entirety. Given the programme starts at 12.30, the likelyhood is that Race 1 and Race 2 will both be full race re-runs and Race 3 live, with possibly as few as 1 live support race from each meeting since...

So 2 delay races, lifestyle of a BTCC driver or worse BTCC Driver's wives, The support before and Race 3 Live, with too much faffing around on the end since the 5.30 end of broadcast is probably set in stone so they daren't show what is usually the final support race live in case there is a safety car and they have to pull the plug before it finishes.
There will be two live races from each event with one shown in full on a short delay.

The final support race doesn't usually start until after 5.30, so there is no chance of that being shown, but in five hours I'd expect to see three or four support races at least.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 21:04 (Ref:2121047)   #21
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I could, but unless I move house to an area in range of a freeview transmitter it's not going to help much.

Quote:
There's a website which allows you to record TV from the UK (I think ITV4 is part of it) and ITV do it on their site.
Last time I checked the ITV website their 'net broadcasting needed DRM suppot, which meant it only worked with Windows Vista. Haven't checked it recently as there's never much on worth watching so that might have changed.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 21:24 (Ref:2121065)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is a terrible announcement frankly.

I very much enjoyed Setanta's coverage last year, full day coverage of all races with crisp visuals. MotorsTV before that, much the same albeit with a blocky, grey picture.

Now this step down, to a no-mark channel run by amateurs.

Excuse my disappointment, but we have been somewhat spoiled for a few years now. It is a shame to be downgrading.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 21:54 (Ref:2121095)   #23
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't matter to me if it's shown on Al Jazeera TV, at least it's on a channel I can get freely.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 22:06 (Ref:2121108)   #24
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
Don't matter to me if it's shown on Al Jazeera TV, at least it's on a channel I can get freely.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 22:13 (Ref:2121115)   #25
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic
There will be two live races from each event with one shown in full on a short delay.

The final support race doesn't usually start until after 5.30, so there is no chance of that being shown, but in five hours I'd expect to see three or four support races at least.
Unless ITV have taken total control of the race timetable, I'm afraid I can't agree.
To take my local track (Knockhill) as an example, over the last few years the race day begins at 9.30 with the first support race. BTCC Race 1 is usually the third race pitlane opens 10.40 for lights at 11am. One more support before Lunch, with BTCC race 2 usually the first track activity after Lunch, pit lane opens 12.45 for lights at 1pm.

ITV are saying that they will show all the races in their entirety, so programme begins at 12.30, introductions championship tables etc and commercial break before showing Race 1, commercial break and interviews before setting the sceen for Race 2.

I doubt that Race 2 would be live.

Perhaps 2 live races can be scheduled at circuits where local rules enforce a later start, but consideration has to be given to the time between races and also local curfew rules.