Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Sep 2008, 12:29 (Ref:2291755)   #1
Dave1Zippy
Rookie

Dave1Zippy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA GT on ITV4

Please excuse a forum newbie if this has been discussed before!

Does anyone know what has happened to ITV4's coverage of the FIA GT races?

I do not have access to cable or satellite due to locational issues and tree cover, so I have had a fairly barren life as an armchair enthusiast of most motorsport other than F1. So, as a sportscar nut I was thrilled when it was decided to screen the FIA GTs on ITV4 (no problem with Freeview), but recently they do not appear to have been shown other than on Motors, which I cant get. Very frustrating.

p.s I hope ITV's decision not to go with F1 in 2009 is not going to affect its coverage of GP2, Touring Cars etc - or else I will be back where I started!

Cheers.
Old 16 Sep 2008, 13:21 (Ref:2291798)   #2
FWX
Racer

FWX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another newbie here...

Absolutely no idea what has happened to their coverage. Not seen anything mentioned anywhere about why it's disappeared.

The last round I can recall being shown was Adria; and with that race being on the Saturday evening (I think!), and the previous Monza round clashing with the BTCC, the only race they've shown live was Silverstone.
Old 16 Sep 2008, 14:25 (Ref:2291845)   #3
Bernard Bram
Racer

Bernard Bram has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think they lost/gave up the rights to MotorsTV. There should be a thread about it somewhere.
Old 16 Sep 2008, 16:38 (Ref:2291950)   #4
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1Zippy
p.s I hope ITV's decision not to go with F1 in 2009 is not going to affect its coverage of GP2, Touring Cars etc - or else I will be back where I started!

Cheers.
GP2 - Looks like it may be moving to the BBC. Broadcaster with the F1 rights has first option on GP2.
BTCC - Longish contract at the moment.
Old 17 Sep 2008, 14:11 (Ref:2292548)   #5
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1Zippy
Please excuse a forum newbie if this has been discussed before!

Does anyone know what has happened to ITV4's coverage of the FIA GT races?

I do not have access to cable or satellite due to locational issues and tree cover, so I have had a fairly barren life as an armchair enthusiast of most motorsport other than F1. So, as a sportscar nut I was thrilled when it was decided to screen the FIA GTs on ITV4 (no problem with Freeview), but recently they do not appear to have been shown other than on Motors, which I cant get. Very frustrating.
ITV dropped GT after the race organisers/promoters were unable to deliver some of the things that had been promised.
Old 17 Sep 2008, 14:20 (Ref:2292557)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
What was promised?