Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Sep 2012, 02:25 (Ref:3133043)   #1826
Vanishing Point
Racer

Vanishing Point should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRXtreme View Post
By then the Camry will be long gone from our shop and in the hands of the Richards team.
Hi MrXtreme... What do you think it means to the new TLX cars now that MPL is dead? Thanks
Old 9 Sep 2012, 02:47 (Ref:3133045)   #1827
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post
Hi MrXtreme... What do you think it means to the new TLX cars now that MPL is dead? Thanks
And the IP
Old 9 Sep 2012, 02:58 (Ref:3133048)   #1828
MRXtreme
Rookie

New Zealand
Hamilton
MRXtreme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thankfully none of that is my department. We just build cars.
Old 9 Sep 2012, 04:55 (Ref:3133064)   #1829
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to the forum Nick.

You guys have been in the business long enough to know that your reputation is well established.
You also must have known that performing the work on the new gen car was always going to be a hot potato.
I don't think the involvement will have an effect on your reputation either way.

I hope that MRX have charged for every piece of work you've done. It would be sad if you've made the mistake of believing in someone elses dream.

I wouldn't protest too hard that you are 'just' a constructor for a customer/s. It was never going to be that clean.

With regards to bad press - It doesn't matter what they're saying so long as they're talking about you...
Old 10 Sep 2012, 00:30 (Ref:3133529)   #1830
MRXtreme
Rookie

New Zealand
Hamilton
MRXtreme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers Icarus. We have been around long enough to know how the motor race industry works and we always look after ourselves. Time will tell how this 'hot potatoe' turns out.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 21:53 (Ref:3143919)   #1831
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess Tulloch was running his new Car Yesterday at Teretonga. Doesnt look any faster than the old one according to the Times

Qualifying 1m 5.652 and in the race 1m 3.328. It did finisg so thats one.

Pole for the last NZV8 round in January was 1m 2.884
Old 30 Sep 2012, 05:15 (Ref:3143990)   #1832
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nistfan View Post
I guess Tulloch was running his new Car Yesterday at Teretonga. Doesnt look any faster than the old one according to the Times

Qualifying 1m 5.652 and in the race 1m 3.328. It did finisg so thats one.

Pole for the last NZV8 round in January was 1m 2.884
FFS what the hell do you expect????
The car hadnt even turned a wheel on ANY track until the qualifying session for that race. So the team obviously had no data whatsoever or any set up info to work with. I think the team had big balls to even attempt its initial shakedown at a public race meeting like that! Then knockers like you try to flog them by stating its RACE time was 1/2 a second off the QUALIFYING time from the old cars.
I personally think that its impressive it was that fast on its first ever outing, and equally as impressive that it ran pretty much faultlessly for the qualyfying and full 1 hour race. So it was a bloody impressive debut IMO...
Old 30 Sep 2012, 05:27 (Ref:3143994)   #1833
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
FFS what the hell do you expect????
The car hadnt even turned a wheel on ANY track until the qualifying session for that race. So the team obviously had no data whatsoever or any set up info to work with. I think the team had big balls to even attempt its initial shakedown at a public race meeting like that! Then knockers like you try to flog them by stating its RACE time was 1/2 a second off the QUALIFYING time from the old cars.
I personally think that its impressive it was that fast on its first ever outing, and equally as impressive that it ran pretty much faultlessly for the qualyfying and full 1 hour race. So it was a bloody impressive debut IMO...
i was there and it was quite impressive especially for first run...didnt lose much down the straight to the gt3,s....they had some small ecu issues...the track was very green from the winter also...sounded nice and lets be fair ...Inkies not exactly a bargs or fogg or edgell etc these days is He????
apart from young Jono lester (who was quick all weekend) the gt3 cup cars were a good 1.5 to 2. secs away from there usual pace ....and that had gaunt/pederson,/kelly/armstrong/hamilton in the field...

Last edited by harcey; 30 Sep 2012 at 05:35.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 05:35 (Ref:3143997)   #1834
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
An hour long race and no reliability issues? No over heatong? No engine failure? No gearbox failure? Sounds good to me! *
Old 30 Sep 2012, 06:41 (Ref:3144011)   #1835
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead View Post
An hour long race and no reliability issues? No over heatong? No engine failure? No gearbox failure? Sounds good to me! *
OH Rev good on you mate
Old 30 Sep 2012, 07:19 (Ref:3144020)   #1836
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=harcey;3143994]iInkies not exactly a bargs or fogg or edgell etc these days is He????
QUOTE]

I agree with you, Inky is not quite Kenny Smiths age but he is getting closer and you would have to be to be a real under achiever to bag any of Kenny's performances wouldn't you.
IF we love our sport we will respect those who do compete for anyone can race on playstation as there are no consequences there.

Just my ten bobs worth
Old 30 Sep 2012, 07:19 (Ref:3144021)   #1837
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
didn't they shorten the race to make sure it got home without running out of fuel ???
Old 30 Sep 2012, 07:42 (Ref:3144030)   #1838
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
didn't they shorten the race to make sure it got home without running out of fuel ???
Hey the BIG show can't get it right all the time, but the big show is always better than the little show where ever you go.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 07:44 (Ref:3144031)   #1839
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Southern Man;3144020]
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
iInkies not exactly a bargs or fogg or edgell etc these days is He????
QUOTE]

I agree with you, Inky is not quite Kenny Smiths age but he is getting closer and you would have to be to be a real under achiever to bag any of Kenny's performances wouldn't you.
IF we love our sport we will respect those who do compete for anyone can race on playstation as there are no consequences there.

Just my ten bobs worth
my point in my post was that the speed of the car was shaded by a green track and not having a current hotshot behind the wheel...was not a shot at Inky at all..unless i am reading this wrong...
Old 30 Sep 2012, 07:57 (Ref:3144037)   #1840
sportsfan
Rookie

sportsfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well never did V8ST until they ran all 16 cars in anger and only after running the cars in warming temps.. Guys having and absolute has been like Mr Tulick driving the car is hardly conclusive. Let's all regroup after all 3 cars are running and after a summer meeting on running in anger and see how good we are.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 08:02 (Ref:3144038)   #1841
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan View Post
. Let's all regroup after all 3 cars are running and after a summer meeting ...
Yep. Can't wait to see them all. They will sound magnificent jostling and jockeying for position.
Where is the first round again? Tickets through Ticketec I presume?
Old 30 Sep 2012, 08:10 (Ref:3144039)   #1842
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Well never did V8ST until they ran all 16 cars in anger and only after running the cars in warming temps.. Guys having and absolute has been like Mr Tulick driving the car is hardly conclusive. Let's all regroup after all 3 cars are running and after a summer meeting on running in anger and see how good we are.
Careful my friend you could be put to death for suggesting the world is not flat in a minute, but it could be still flat in the deep south? who knows.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 08:54 (Ref:3144053)   #1843
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
[QUOTE=harcey;3144031]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
my point in my post was that the speed of the car was shaded by a green track and not having a current hotshot behind the wheel...was not a shot at Inky at all..unless i am reading this wrong...
Reading it wrong mate, Inks is ok.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 18:53 (Ref:3144254)   #1844
sportsfan
Rookie

[QUOTE=Southern Man;3144053]
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
Reading it wrong mate, Inks is ok.
I might agree to disagree with you on this one. Inky in his day and in a truck was outstanding and complimented the world class machinery he was driving. Put him in a race car and he was/is rubbish. At least he realised his lack of ability and put a contracted driver in to save face. Now a true South Island hero is Leo Leonard. No one can argue with that fact.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 20:43 (Ref:3144293)   #1845
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
[QUOTE=sportsfan;3144254]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post

I might agree to disagree with you on this one. Inky in his day and in a truck was outstanding and complimented the world class machinery he was driving. Put him in a race car and he was/is rubbish. At least he realised his lack of ability and put a contracted driver in to save face. Now a true South Island hero is Leo Leonard. No one can argue with that fact.
Did you ever watch Inky driving Chargers and V8 Falcons etc against Jimmy Richards & co all those years ago, I seem to recall that he won some NZ Championships racing against them. Then of course he moved into OSCA with the Capri with which he dominated the field. Also seem to recall that every time he took it to the North Island and ran against their cars he delivered another bottom smacking similar to the ones we were all getting down here.
Naturally you will be well aware that after he retired from motor racing he decided to have a go at rallying and it wasn't long before he was up at the front of this field. IF780 will ring a bell for many. Upon retirement from rallying and a break from the sport he decided that trucks were the next challenge and as you aluded to he cleaned up there as well.

Now I have spent a fair bit of my time competing against Inky either on the road or running teams against him, even sometimes with him and it did not matter if it was hillclimb, race or rally he was always a very diffficult so and so to head off, just go and ask competitors of that era

Now that he is getting closer to racing a Zimmer frame he is like Kenny and also Brian Green in rallying in that he loves what he is doing and he is competing against himself. I am waiting to see if he does a greenie and comes back to have a go at rallying next.

I do agree however, that driving todays saloon racecar with some of todays technology against drivers with a skill level similar to what his was 30 plus years ago is a bit too much for him now, still he is enjoying himself and that is important.

Yes, Leo is something special but lets not forget Trevor Crowe either, now that TC is getting the old age pension he can afford to buy rally tyres so he is busy endevouring to wear those out.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3144303)   #1846
sportsfan
Rookie

[QUOTE=Southern Man;3144293]
Quote:

Did you ever watch Inky driving Chargers and V8 Falcons etc against Jimmy Richards & co all those years ago, I seem to recall that he won some NZ Championships racing against them. Then of course he moved into OSCA with the Capri with which he dominated the field. Also seem to recall that every time he took it to the North Island and ran against their cars he delivered another bottom smacking similar to the ones we were all getting down here.
Naturally you will be well aware that after he retired from motor racing he decided to have a go at rallying and it wasn't long before he was up at the front of this field. IF780 will ring a bell for many. Upon retirement from rallying and a break from the sport he decided that trucks were the next challenge and as you aluded to he cleaned up there as well.

Now I have spent a fair bit of my time competing against Inky either on the road or running teams against him, even sometimes with him and it did not matter if it was hillclimb, race or rally he was always a very diffficult so and so to head off, just go and ask competitors of that era

Now that he is getting closer to racing a Zimmer frame he is like Kenny and also Brian Green in rallying in that he loves what he is doing and he is competing against himself. I am waiting to see if he does a greenie and comes back to have a go at rallying next.

I do agree however, that driving todays saloon racecar with some of todays technology against drivers with a skill level similar to what his was 30 plus years ago is a bit too much for him now, still he is enjoying himself and that is important.

Yes, Leo is something special but lets not forget Trevor Crowe either, now that TC is getting the old age pension he can afford to buy rally tyres so he is busy endevouring to wear those out.

Agree on all accounts there Southern man. I was meaning Inky’s exploits in NZV8s so sorry about that.
Now what about the Ashley forest hill climb. Now tha treally was a special event.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 23:36 (Ref:3144350)   #1847
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Now what about the Ashley forest hill climb. Now tha treally was a special event.
It was held last weekend, John Silcock won it from Mike Tall, think 1979 was the 1st one, sure has been going a while now

We are getting a little off the subject of the thread but sometimes it is good to reflect on what we have all enjoyed in the past and still want to enjoy in the future.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 00:53 (Ref:3144369)   #1848
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
We are getting a little off the subject of the thread but sometimes it is good to reflect on what we have all enjoyed in the past and still want to enjoy in the future.[/QUOTE]

+ 1
Old 1 Oct 2012, 05:24 (Ref:3144440)   #1849
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Hey the BIG show can't get it right all the time, but the big show is always better than the little show where ever you go.
"the big show" = V8SC??
Old 1 Oct 2012, 05:24 (Ref:3144441)   #1850
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugy View Post
We are getting a little off the subject of the thread but sometimes it is good to reflect on what we have all enjoyed in the past and still want to enjoy in the future.

+ 1
+2