Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Oct 2001, 12:23 (Ref:157425)   #1
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rumour - Ferrari also developing 'heat sensors' ...

... specially designed for rainy conditions to spot stationary Williams cars - with burnout engines!!
Old 8 Oct 2001, 14:54 (Ref:157490)   #2
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Rumour - Ferrari also developing 'heat sensors' ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Hugh Jarce
... specially designed for rainy conditions to spot stationary Williams cars - with burnout engines!!
Nope,,,, maybe to warn MS that JPM is overpassing him...

Go Juan Go !!!
Old 8 Oct 2001, 14:58 (Ref:157492)   #3
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Geez...might as well say Williams and Mclaren had fitted parking sensors on their car... afterall, they all seem to stop pretty often out on track...
Old 8 Oct 2001, 18:16 (Ref:157581)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Save these ones for the silly season guys !

It's gonna be tough...
Old 8 Oct 2001, 18:34 (Ref:157594)   #5
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi

Save these ones for the silly season guys !

It's gonna be tough...
Sad but true, Bon...
Old 8 Oct 2001, 19:43 (Ref:157662)   #6
I Ate Yoko Ono
Racer

I Ate Yoko Ono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Originally posted by Bononi

"Save these ones for the silly season guys !

It's gonna be tough... "

Bononi, I disagree. We'll always have the latest David Coulthard "This Year Will Be My Year" article to laugh at and talk about!
Old 8 Oct 2001, 20:11 (Ref:157699)   #7
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Re: Re: Rumour - Ferrari also developing 'heat sensors' ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Speed
Nope,,,, maybe to warn MS that JPM is overpassing him...

Go Juan Go !!!

YEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

go go go go go gog og go go go gog og og og gog og go juan
Old 10 Oct 2001, 11:15 (Ref:158442)   #8
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by I Ate Yoko Ono
We'll always have the latest David Coulthard "This Year Will Be My Year" article to laugh at and talk about!

what's funny about that?? DC meant it! hehe
Old 10 Oct 2001, 11:22 (Ref:158448)   #9
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by I Ate Yoko Ono
We'll always have the latest David Coulthard "This Year Will Be My Year" article to laugh at and talk about!
Or you could post more , and I hesitate to use this word, "poetry".
Old 10 Oct 2001, 13:46 (Ref:158527)   #10
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Finally the year where Ron Dennis realises he's useless and dumps him for Nick Heidfeld when Mika Hakkinen decides he likes to play Daddy to Kimi!!!
Old 10 Oct 2001, 13:57 (Ref:158535)   #11
Redneck
Racer

Redneck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard all of the other teams were developing new glasses. Ones that would filter out red.

So they would no longer see the Ferrari's ahead of them and they could think they were actually leading a race for once.
Old 10 Oct 2001, 14:45 (Ref:158559)   #12
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whatever the other teams might do, if Ferrari and Schumacher are not able to have the best one they will ask FIA to ban it before it cost them the championship. As usual, FIA will do just that...LOL
Old 10 Oct 2001, 15:21 (Ref:158577)   #13
Redneck
Racer

Words of a sore loser.
Old 10 Oct 2001, 15:28 (Ref:158582)   #14
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"if Ferrari and Schumacher are not able to have the best one they will ask FIA to ban it before it cost them the championship. As usual, FIA will do just that...LOL"

No wonder all the other 21 drivers as well as their respective cars are allowed to compete this year...

JV, DC, JPM, Mclaren, Williams... blah blah

Old 10 Oct 2001, 15:39 (Ref:158590)   #15
BBKing
Veteran

What about the Beryllium thingy? Ferrari tried for 2 years to use it and when they failed they just asked FIA to ban it. They did. The argument: Dangerous material. Evidence? None.

What about the Emails earlier in the season complaining about Williams’ rear diffuser? Ferrari admitted to pointing the fingers.

Just to mention the recent ones.
Old 10 Oct 2001, 17:25 (Ref:158647)   #16
Redneck
Racer

Even I knew Berrylium was dangerous. Way before Ferrari or anyone tried to use it.
Old 10 Oct 2001, 17:46 (Ref:158661)   #17
BBKing
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Redneck
Even I knew Berrylium was dangerous. Way before Ferrari or anyone tried to use it.
Of course is dangerous. It makes McLaren dangerously fast...LOL
Old 11 Oct 2001, 10:52 (Ref:158992)   #18
Gt_R
Veteran

"What about the Beryllium thingy?"

What about it? Hmm...try this. Type "B-E-R-Y-L-L-I-U-M" and "D-A-N-G-E-R-S" in any search engine and tell me what's it about will ya?

"What about the Emails earlier in the season complaining about Williams’ rear diffuser? Ferrari admitted to pointing the fingers."

Oh? So??? So you think Ferrari should just shuddup and not make a noise, which is their right? Wake up! Tell me Mclaren doesnt mouth on Ferrari. Tell me Ron let Ferrari get away with advantages without even a sniff. Tell me Ferrari is the ONLY team in F1 to "pointing e fingers"? So, what's the logic in pushing all sh*t on Ferrari?

How about the fact that Williams repaid that diffuser by getting Ferrari's suspension banned... did Ferrari go whining about being squealed on? Do Ferrari fans go around whinning about Williams?

Let me tell you a secret. After every qualifyings, Mclaren has people snapping detailed photos of Ferrari and Williams which are then analysed throughout the night to look for loopholes. If they found any, they keep their find until a critical moment (eg, Ferrari won one-two, Mclaren took 3rd 4th in the race) before making a big fuss... and make good results void. If Ferrari retires, they just keep their find until the next race... while repeating the same thing after the race, quals. And Mclaren isnt the only team to do that...

Fact is, others squeal on Ferrari, and Ferrari also squeal on others... live with it... cos we can't do a a** about it!

Last edited by Gt_R; 11 Oct 2001 at 10:54.
Old 11 Oct 2001, 13:18 (Ref:159064)   #19
Redneck
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by BBKing
Of course is dangerous. It makes McLaren dangerously fast...LOL
Is that why they keep running off of the track?
Old 11 Oct 2001, 16:11 (Ref:159136)   #20
BBKing
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
"if Ferrari and Schumacher are not able to have the best one they will ask FIA to ban it before it cost them the championship. As usual, FIA will do just that...LOL"

No wonder all the other 21 drivers as well as their respective cars are allowed to compete this year...

JV, DC, JPM, Mclaren, Williams... blah blah

Gt_R. You went all the way around just to come back to what I originally stated. Which is Ferrari tried to use Beryllium, failed and then asked FIA to ban it. They did not do it because it was dangerous; they did it because they could not make use of it.

Quote:
Let me tell you a secret. After every qualifyings, Mclaren has people snapping detailed photos of Ferrari and Williams which are then analysed throughout the night to look for loopholes. If they found any, they keep their find until a critical moment (eg, Ferrari won one-two, Mclaren took 3rd 4th in the race) before making a big fuss... and make good results void. If Ferrari retires, they just keep their find until the next race... while repeating the same thing after the race, quals. And Mclaren isnt the only team to do that...
X files?...LOL

Ferrari does not need high tech people to do the spying. FIA does it for them. Details about third pedals, which are invisible or easy to hide, made their way to Ferrari so they can complain about it. Or "secret" development work by McLaren was deemed illegal before they were able to use it because Ferrari sent a letter saying that "it was not in the spirit" of the regulations and FIA promptly agreed.
Old 11 Oct 2001, 17:19 (Ref:159195)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes !!!!! The good old days are back : GT_R X BBKing !!!

Go on guys !! Keep posting. I want to see you both break 1,000 post within the next two months !!!

KEEEEP POSTING !!!!
Old 11 Oct 2001, 20:09 (Ref:159287)   #22
Vipernoir
Rookie

Vipernoir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only a complete Shurrari fan would deny that there is/has been any favouritism shown by the FIA in recent years. The brake steer development by McLaren and Jordan is a prime example, as is the *disqualification* at Sepang in '99.
Similarly, why is only the Schumi Sheep that persistantly claim that TGF is maligned...
Old 12 Oct 2001, 01:15 (Ref:159484)   #23
BBKing
Veteran

Welcome here Viper. You know who am I, don't you? DR has been so slow lately..
Old 12 Oct 2001, 10:42 (Ref:159567)   #24
Gt_R
Veteran

Hmm...i don't deny FIA have a liking for Ferrari. Since Bernie and Max had been pretty open in voicing their opinion. But to accuse that the FIA bends forward and backward to please Ferrari, TOTALLY disregarding other teams, and being COMPLETELY unfair to the others, only an extreme fan of another loyal team or a guy who just hate to see the red team ahead would wholly assume so.

"Ferrari does not need high tech people to do the spying. FIA does it for them. Details about third pedals, which are invisible or easy to hide, made their way to Ferrari so they can complain about it. Or "secret" development work by McLaren was deemed illegal before they were able to use it because Ferrari sent a letter saying that "it was not in the spirit" of the regulations and FIA promptly agreed."

Oh sure... FIA is under Ferrari's payroll huh??? Eddie Jordan and even RON DENNIS had admitted that their teams use photos to spy on other teams...X-files it is not...it seems to be pretty obvious to many, except to some who naively believe it is only Ferrari spy and things...LOL.

So I guess its wrong if Ferrari attain information that way huh, when the others could...LOL~ So the brake steer? So the 3rd pedal..? And how did the fact that the Ferraris were called up for inspection after Sepang 1999? An angered Ron (knowing Ferrari's successful appeal) admitted to as much that Mclaren had been pouring stuffs on Ferrari as much as Ferrari do in to them...so what on earth's the big fuss, as if such actions are new to you guys? Com'on its old stuff, and used long ago in F1...

And tell me, what did you find out about the "Beryllium thingy".
Old 12 Oct 2001, 12:40 (Ref:159621)   #25
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I elaborated already way too often that the FIA misuses its power to influence the game and that in the past in has done so favouring Williams and McLaren and Ferrari at different points in time, and not only Ferrari.

What Gt-R says about the spying is correct, but this is done in an almost intelligence-like professional way by the three big teams and so gradually decreasing in effort and professionalism to Arrows sketchboy and Minardi's polaroid. For the big ones it's fairly easy to get their competitors creations as data in their designing software just from series of photographs taken under different angles. They would be able to make exact external copies of each others cars if they wanted to and even the information they can gather from the internals is very far stretching. And ofcourse this information is used to their own advantage, either by perceiving it rightfully and using it themselves, or by not getting it or not wanting to take the risk and report it - or have it reported by someone more influantial - to the FIA. BAR for instance copied Williams undertray last year, but didn't dare to design their chassis around it as opposed to Williams who designed their 2001 chassis in such a way that could maximize the advantage. In fact BAR decided it was doing Williams more favours than them and they decided it was better if they could get WIlliams to drop the whole thing. They went to see Ross Brawn and just dropped the matter in some chit-chat conversation and Ross eagerly went - as BAR expected - to see Charlie Whiting and made sure it was banned.

As for the beryllium thing. It's only hazardous in small particles, i.e. powder form, and that was the reason it was banned from it's use as brake callipers, for which it was perfectly suitable because of it's extraordinary thermodynamic characteristics, from 1998 onwards. The claim that it would be hazardous from crashing cars and therefore ban it's use in cylinderliners for instance, was pretty far stretched and was indeed more of a performance brake on Mercedes. But things like that happen all the time all around the field, all around the season.