Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 8 Dec 2005, 17:22 (Ref:1479859)   #1
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
The Dubai Round thread!

It's been a three week break, so time to get back to racing:

Timetable
Times are local, ie. GMT+4. Current time in Dubai
Friday – 9th Dec
13:00 – 14:00: Free Practice 1
16:00 – 17:00: Free Practice 2

Saturday – 10th Dec
11:00 – 12:00: Free Practice 3
14:15 – 15:45: Qualifying Segments

Sunday –11th Dec
10.00 – 10:15: A1 Warm Up
13.30 – 14:00: A1 Sprint Race
15.00 – 16:00: Feature Race

Live Timing

Available from the A1GP Results page by clicking on "Live Racing Stats"

Chat Room

Open for all Practice and Qualifying Sessions, and of course the race itself, for live discussion of the action as it happens. For connection details click on the Chat Room pages

TV Coverage

Check the A1GP website for broadcast details, including in which countries online streaming will be available.

Time to settle down and get ready for the first session!
Old 8 Dec 2005, 17:27 (Ref:1479864)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like a normal shaped thread to me, rather than a round one
Old 8 Dec 2005, 18:03 (Ref:1479881)   #3
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aren't there the two extra test sessions on the Friday morning as well?
Old 8 Dec 2005, 18:08 (Ref:1479888)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes there are.
Old 9 Dec 2005, 19:29 (Ref:1480729)   #5
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Results from practice so France dominating again, Lapierre heading up both official practice sessions.
All the usual contendors at the top end of the sheets, but some very close gaps - looks good for tomorrow.
Old 9 Dec 2005, 23:42 (Ref:1480924)   #6
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Russia (again) - assume they're gone for good?
Old 10 Dec 2005, 06:33 (Ref:1481016)   #7
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A shame if Russia are completely gone, Aleshin was third out of 26 drivers in a World Series by Renault test a couple of days ago, so there is a good driver around.
Old 10 Dec 2005, 07:03 (Ref:1481024)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Team Australia strategy of splitting the running between the seat holder's son, and a driver who can actually do the business remains a curious choice.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Dec 2005, 11:56 (Ref:1481119)   #9
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Qualifying Results

Grid for the sprint race tomorrow will have Switzerland on pole alongside the French car - over half a second gap too.
Ireland, Brazil and GB were less than 0.01seconds apart though, so that'll be a very close battle.
Germany, Czech Republic, Malaysia, Canada and Portugal complete the top 10.
Old 10 Dec 2005, 12:09 (Ref:1481124)   #10
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Action from the worlds most boring circuit? Huge empty grandstand.The few spectotors shown looked like Brits sitting on the lawn on a July day!!
Old 10 Dec 2005, 12:37 (Ref:1481133)   #11
DucatiThrust
Rookie

Kuwait
Kuwait
DucatiThrust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kiwi3
Thank you for the information and I hope they're not gone for good. I am guessing that they damaged both of their cars.
Old 10 Dec 2005, 14:48 (Ref:1481190)   #12
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any chance of finding a webcast in the uk?
Old 10 Dec 2005, 16:39 (Ref:1481259)   #13
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

That's the first qually I've watched since Brands Hatch and to be honest the TV coverage is still very poor. Still no proper timings, the onboard is still rubbish and the commentators still have no clue as to what is going on.
Most hot laps are still being missed and poor Watson and Edwards had no idea who had qualified where until the cars were nearly back in the pits.

I hope the racing and it's coverage is better.........although that track doesn't fill me full of confidence for that.
Old 10 Dec 2005, 16:47 (Ref:1481265)   #14
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You missed the ones in between? Much better than what we saw today. Its funny how you managed to miss all the sessions in between Brands and todays and as soon as one session gets mucked up people are ready to stick the knife in. Before this weekend they had steadily improved and the sessions were easier to follow.

I don't know what happened today but they did appear to go backwards however. The times weren't shown soon enough when a car finished its lap and the director kept missing the key laps. I think the Sheiks not going to be happy.
Old 10 Dec 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1481269)   #15
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by The STIG
any chance of finding a webcast in the uk?
No
This has been discussed at length in a number of threads, and just checking the link in the opening post in this thread it tells you which countries the online streaming is available in.
Old 10 Dec 2005, 19:05 (Ref:1481312)   #16
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
You missed the ones in between? Much better than what we saw today. Its funny how you managed to miss all the sessions in between Brands and todays and as soon as one session gets mucked up people are ready to stick the knife in. Before this weekend they had steadily improved and the sessions were easier to follow.

I don't know what happened today but they did appear to go backwards however. The times weren't shown soon enough when a car finished its lap and the director kept missing the key laps. I think the Sheiks not going to be happy.
I've watched the races live or recorded and that coverage has improved, so has the racing, a bit.....I was just at a loose end today so thought I'd try qually again, bad mistake.
Old 10 Dec 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1481321)   #17
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyway, great job by France today. Doing in two laps what everyone else was stuggling to do in, well three.
Old 10 Dec 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1481325)   #18
speedfreek
Rookie

United Kingdom
Reading
speedfreek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
Action from the worlds most boring circuit? Huge empty grandstand.The few spectotors shown looked like Brits sitting on the lawn on a July day!!
i think the track will make good racing
Old 10 Dec 2005, 22:59 (Ref:1481405)   #19
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think tomorrow will be a great race-day - I don't think the grid truely reflects the race-pace of the cars so hopefully there will be lots of overtaking. Looked like there were a couple of good places for it.

Looks like GB have finally sorted their car out too (Robbie mentioned some 'significant' changes?).

Lots of reasons why the grandstand wouldn't be full - the main one being that all the locals will have to work!
Old 11 Dec 2005, 00:09 (Ref:1481436)   #20
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TV coverage is good, Sky I really do think do an excellent job. I'm increasingly impressed with my biker chum as a 4-wheel commentator, he's been around the block hasn't he. Ben Edwards and John Watson are a great double act too. The fact that the on-track timing/pics had a temporary glitch was a pain, but **** happens with technology. Even I've been misquoted (or misunderstood) sometimes.

Good effort by Lappiere under pressure. Jani looks smooth and unruffled. Firman was a great drive, but you'd expect it somehow on this circuit, don't exactly know why. Piquet? Clearly very quick, but the other drivers have caught up now. I can't quite weigh him up. So dominant at first, yet you sort of get the feeling that he's a bit of a Mike Conway ... that his head goes down with the first sign of non-dominance. I don't know? GBR - good effort, the car's clearly good, Robbie did 2 good laps and looked comfortable. I wish I knew how much data-sharing goes on. It obviously must do, but somehow it seems wrong under the circumstances (it doesn't happen between Canada and GBR) - but you have to think it's an advantage. An all-DAMS front row tells a story, even though the drivers are clearly very comfortable in the car.

Australia/NZ ... don't understand. Sutil ... improving. Jos ... can't get the car set up for this sort of track, shame. Not much else to say about it

Last edited by Hazza; 11 Dec 2005 at 06:53. Reason: Dodging Le'Autocensor
Old 11 Dec 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1481527)   #21
Kicking-back
Veteran

Sprint race on the grid now - this is a great circuit, lets hope for great racing.
Old 11 Dec 2005, 10:01 (Ref:1481539)   #22
Kicking-back
Veteran

What a fantastic sprint race - great action from start to finish - and a new winner
Old 11 Dec 2005, 10:19 (Ref:1481544)   #23
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good driving from many. A few drivers a bit unlucky (Piquet, Firman) - others making errors to damage their race (Kerr, Lapierre).

Nice work anyway from Toccacelo & Enge, and particularly Jani. Race two should be good. Better luck for Firman hopefullly.
Old 11 Dec 2005, 10:21 (Ref:1481548)   #24
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what time aus is the feature race on?
Old 11 Dec 2005, 10:31 (Ref:1481553)   #25
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Does 30 mins from now help?