Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Mar 2006, 02:57 (Ref:1561864)   #1
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
Vanilla Dice has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Richo getting slower?

Interesting to see Jim Richards' performance in Carrera Cup at Adelaide.. he has for many years been at the absolute top of the time sheets in practice, and at or near the fastest laps of the races, and certainly within a sheet's throw of the leaders at the end of races

A JR car is always much wanted (and exxy compared to others in the class) because the prep is always first rate, and the car generally has all the hot parts aboard...

Has something happened... has Richo lost some of his winning pace? The race times had the Oamps car a fair way down from the other cars in the field, in time elapsed & position..

I dont particularly rate any of the blokes ahead of him in the field, which has me thinking and wondering if the ol' bloke is losing the edge he has had like forever...

Sad if this is his last season in the class....

666 posts... over... and OUT..!
Old 27 Mar 2006, 03:00 (Ref:1561867)   #2
DKGandBH
Veteran

DKGandBH has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
sheesh...

you are fast to jump on someone...!

DKGandBH
Old 27 Mar 2006, 03:07 (Ref:1561870)   #3
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKGandBH
sheesh...

you are fast to jump on someone...!

DKGandBH
That's what my girlfriend says too.. teehee

The data is immutable, the circumstance not totally known as they dont operate a PR spin machine... it just looks like the bloke is off the boil

Just like Fitzy is...

Old 27 Mar 2006, 07:40 (Ref:1562008)   #4
doug05
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
doug05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If we have a look at the times from race 3, Jimmys best was 1:24.8963. This compares to Bairds 1:24.8700, Davison's 1:24.9355, and Reynolds 1:24.8166. There are a similar difference in race lap times in races 1 & 2

mmm, seems he is way off the pace and should give it away asap!
Old 27 Mar 2006, 07:59 (Ref:1562024)   #5
Datto1600
Rookie

Australia
Toowoomba Qld
Datto1600 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems to be a trend around with some posters that if you are over 40 years of age then you have no place in a race car in australia
Old 27 Mar 2006, 09:48 (Ref:1562127)   #6
Boxy
Veteran

Australia
Beautiful one day - bloody hot the next
Boxy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datto1600
Seems to be a trend around with some posters that if you are over 40 years of age then you have no place in a race car in australia
No, just a VD trend of bagging anyone who isn't up to his lofty standards.

Old Jum will no doubt be right up there come the pointy end of season.
That, and winning a few tarmac rally's around the country on the way
Old 27 Mar 2006, 09:59 (Ref:1562136)   #7
Wingman
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Wingman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One race
does not a man break.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 10:34 (Ref:1562160)   #8
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe VD is succumbing to the medical condition his initials suggest?

Considering that Jim is driving a brand new car that is lighter than he has previously driven in this category AND he has had absolutely no testing, I suggest that VD should go away and analyse Jim's times a bit more before he opens his mouth again.

P1 - first session for the weekend - Jim was 0.27 secs behind the fastest car with a 1:25.77. P2 he was 0.1 quicker; Q1 1.1 secs quicker and, during the races he improved from 1:25.2381 to 1:25.3260 and finally 1:24.8963 - finally, in RACE trim, 0.9 sec quicker than P1.

To put it anothr way that maybe even VD can understand, in terms of how quick compared to the FASTEST car in the field - P1 -0.27 sec; P2 -0.49; Q1 -0.34; R1 -0.12; R2 0.14 and R3 -0.31.

So yes VD me old mate - Jim is really losing it - in full race trim in races 1 and 2 he was only 0.12 and 0.14 of a sec slower than the fastest car.

Not bad for an old bloke in a brand new, lighter weight, untested car.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 10:40 (Ref:1562167)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But arent they all in "brand new, lighter weight, untested cars"?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 Mar 2006, 10:43 (Ref:1562172)   #10
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Yes - but VD seems to think that Jim should be able to jump in and be quicker than any one else straight away - given that in R1 and R2 he was only 0.12/0.14 of a sec slower than the fastest car (and given the fact he was not out front in clean air - I think it safe to say Jim did better than most drivers would have been capable of.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 10:46 (Ref:1562176)   #11
Sol
Racer

Sol should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the standard of Carrera Cup is increasing and Jim just doesn't have it all his own way anymore?
Old 27 Mar 2006, 11:57 (Ref:1562254)   #12
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many of these cars came into the country? 21 or 25, or something like that. And Jim comes 4th in all 3 races over the weekend? So the other 17 or 21 drivers behind him are also past it, are they? Or never had it? And should all give up? I don't think we are far enough into the season to determine an accurate trend yet.

Somewhere else on this board we have Max Wilson getting congratulated for finishing in the top 10. Maybe Jim should be afforded the same courtesy.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 20:37 (Ref:1562671)   #13
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could I recommend that VD take a course of Penicillen then wash his mouth out with soap for even suggesting that JR is slowing down.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 22:09 (Ref:1562763)   #14
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1
How many of these cars came into the country? 21 or 25, or something like that. And Jim comes 4th in all 3 races over the weekend? So the other 17 or 21 drivers behind him are also past it, are they? Or never had it? And should all give up? I don't think we are far enough into the season to determine an accurate trend yet.
Some of them are past it, Fitzy is one who comes to mind. Grossly physically unfit... which must affect his driving at 51 years of age or something

Maybe the expectations of Jimmi the Human are higer so we get disappointed when he goes badly.

Lets not forget that his is technically a factory Porsche, with the PCM mob tickling it, with input from renowned crewman Brian Gelding.. to be 4th aint so great

It is the beginning of the end.. I am more than willing to watch the rest of the season unfold.. but think we will see more the same

Old 27 Mar 2006, 22:13 (Ref:1562768)   #15
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Jeeze...he IS 104 years old or something like that....

Reckon there's a lot of blokes old enough to be his grandson behind him that think he's still quite rapid!
Old 27 Mar 2006, 22:45 (Ref:1562795)   #16
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
The blokes who cant drive? Like Tratt/Samadi/Cini/Freestone et al..?

Old 27 Mar 2006, 23:00 (Ref:1562806)   #17
Dingo
Racer

United Nations
Dingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datto1600
Replace "some posters" with "the Australian sporting media" and you'll be closer to the mark...
Old 28 Mar 2006, 20:03 (Ref:1563677)   #18
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Dice
I dont particularly rate any of the blokes ahead of him in the field,
So just who do you rate, is winning a formula ford championship not a reasonable indication that perhaps there is a glimmer of hope that you can drive, I think that 2 out of the 3 drivers you "dont rate" have done that. But please, enlighten us with your rating system, and we may all watch during the year and see how well you do. You probally rated GMR a big chance to field 3 cars this year half way through last year. But please enlighten us with your obvius knowledge that seems to be going to waste. And dont stop at Cup Car, V8's to ... lock em in eddie

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 28 Mar 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1563783)   #19
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
You mean Tratt won a FF series and didnt tell me?? Shame on you Anthony!!

Richo is getting slower.. the team he drives with know their driver gets by on consistency rather than outright pace..

How will Targa go this year?

Old 28 Mar 2006, 23:19 (Ref:1563831)   #20
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
For someone who tries to use facts (and gets them wrong) you need to do better research than you currently have been doing.

Let's see:

Craig Baird - winner of three consecutive New Zealand Formula Atlantic Championships ((1990-1992) and followed this up with four consecutive New Zealand Formula Ford Championships (1993-1996). He also won the 1997 ST Bathurst 1000 (and yes - was excluded for exceeding time in the car).

As for Jim - as I said, you really should do some research before opening your mouth and making a fool of yourself. Go and compare Jim's times in Qualifying and Racing from last years Clipsal meeting - then come back and make an even bigger fool of yourself by saying he is slower. Don't let us do all the work for you - put a few brain cells to work - that should make the rest of them jealous.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 00:39 (Ref:1563865)   #21
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
My brain is fried.. I am old.. not that these are excuses

Baird as a multi championship winner? Is this the same guy who won his very first Supercar race for SBR and was never heard of again when running for that team? The same bloke who didnt wear a watch when driving in that ST BMW with Paulie Morris, and is now sponsored by Tissot ( ). The same bloke who left TKR because their equipment was 2nd rate, and moved to WPS which was at the time even worse?

Ash Samadi has a fine racing pedigree... a $300k sponsor and a desire to drive fast Volkswagens.

Mark Cini.. same thing except his own business seems to be his sponsor

Anthony Tratt.. His relationship with Paul Little helps tick this one along. Has NEVER run in the top 10 in V8Supercar despite being in the class since 1998..

Ian Dyk.. won no series in cars, only karts

Aaron Caratti.. won F3 against nobody to claim the Gold Star

Rodney Jane.. daddy's all night rubber keeps him ticking along

David Reynolds.. has been Sonicised to win a title against people far better, yet less consistent than him, and pronounced a crash bandicoot candidate

Would you like me to go on??

If Richo doesnt retire by year's end, I will share my Wizz Fizz with you

Old 29 Mar 2006, 01:20 (Ref:1563880)   #22
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Funny how you only decide to pick on the people behind im in the results.

I was going to use these later but seeing as you are so obviously brain addled at present:

Craig Baird:
Inducted into NZ Motorsport Wall Of Fame - 1998 (alongside inaugural unductees Jim Richards and Paul Radisch in 1994) and Greg Murphy 2003.
Winner of the NZ Jim Clark Trophy 1992 (1971 it was Jim Richards)
Winner of the Steel Trophy (premier award for under 21 yrs of age) 1987
Winner of the NZ Grand Prix 1991.
And 1992
And 1993
Winner of the NZ Gold Star 1990/1991
And 1991/1992
And 1992/1993
(Other winners also included Ross Stone - 1977/1978, Paul Radisch 1987/1988, Greg Murphy in 1993/1994 and 1994/1995)
NZ Touring Car Champion 1994
And 1995
and 1996
and 1997

But of course, none of these are championships in your eyes are they?

So - seeing as you are being selective - why did you forget Alex Davison? Or would his inclusion have simply wrecked your argument? And David Reynoplds labelled a crash bandicoot? Who by? You? Or did you simply 'overlook' the fact he came third in each of the three races in Adelaide?

You won;t need to share Wizz Fizz with anyone - the fact that you use it says lots.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 01:30 (Ref:1563881)   #23
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
Alex Davison? Is that the bloke that Ol' Larry flung from his Supercar team because he couldnt drive the cars? The same bloke that was supposed to be Porsche's golden boy but never ever got a shot in ALMS or FIA-GT in one of Porsche's factory assisted teams?

I didnt overlook Dave Reynolds pace at Adelaide at all, I just dont rate him as a driver, and a number of people who share the track space with him dont like playing near him. Sorry if I wasnt clearer there.

Anyone else you would like to know about?

Old 29 Mar 2006, 02:07 (Ref:1563893)   #24
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
No - you've already proven your lack of insight
Old 29 Mar 2006, 02:11 (Ref:1563894)   #25
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
I love to insight... or is that incite... provoking lateral thought and perspective...

Sorry if being a mugwomp is more your speed.