Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 18 Jul 2007, 21:05 (Ref:1966915)   #76
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben24
I dont know if it has something to do with you being in North America and me in Europe, but over here the K7 (thus from 2007) comes with two pipes, not one. The 2006 version had one exhaust.

What pipes did he put on his bike? yoshimura?
to be honest, I didn't see the bike in stock condition and so am a bit vague on that, and only have seen it once and quickly at that. We plan to do some photos some time so I'll check things out and let you know. All I know is that he ordered them from the US and there apparantly aren't many of them here, so they have a coolness to them because they're different.

J-as we've written in the past, yup the RC a neat bike, one that will stay a neat bike years down the road because there aren't tons of them around, and anyway, the sound and all is special. Hope the insurance wouldn't be outrageous though.

slippy, havent asked him, but I think between 100-110 klicks.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 21:36 (Ref:1966941)   #77
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
but I think between 100-110 klicks.
Probably closer to 170...
Old 19 Jul 2007, 06:31 (Ref:1967126)   #78
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
I'm looking for something new to replace my CBR, which I bought used. It sure is tough to pick something though!
Why do you want to sell your current bike? If I had the money, this would be it:

http://www.ps-pt.com/ID0000000041_Ya...F_R7_OW02.aspx
Old 19 Jul 2007, 14:29 (Ref:1967502)   #79
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy Diff
Probably closer to 170...
"Count with me in second gear; one-one-thousand... two-one-thousand... three-one-thousand... four-one-thou - and we're done, that's enough for 100 to 200-plus kph roll on. Hitting the 14,500RPM limiter you're trailing colorful expletives like warp drive special effects at 208kph (129mph)"

found this quote from an online review (http://www.onewheeldrive.net/index.p...1&limitstart=0) trying to find out the proper answer--my friend is on vacation, will ask him when he's back, and so while it doesn't actually state it, I figure top in first is probably somewhere inbetween what I thought and your 170 figure. I would think that second would probably have something like 60 klicks in it at least.
The RC 51 I drove last year had something like 110 k in first (to be honest I was more tach watching) and the Gixxer has so much more power that it's easily a good deal higher.

As for the pipes, I realize now that the stock bike has the triangular end bit on either side, my friend's pipes replace that bit, but when I saw his bike, it was really only a brief look, and I only looked at it one one side. The new part has two parallel upwards curved small pipes exiting after the catalytic conv. They're only about 8-10 inches long, and being two together, I thought that was it, but perhaps (probably) there's another set on the other side of the bike.

Jhan-hope the weekend went well and it wasn't too overwhelming for the family, crowd, heat, that sort of thing (writing this thursday, so can't wait to see how the race goes).

cheers
Old 19 Jul 2007, 20:49 (Ref:1967818)   #80
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
"Count with me in second gear; one-one-thousand... two-one-thousand... three-one-thousand... four-one-thou - and we're done, that's enough for 100 to 200-plus kph roll on. Hitting the 14,500RPM limiter you're trailing colorful expletives like warp drive special effects at 208kph (129mph)"

found this quote from an online review (http://www.onewheeldrive.net/index.p...1&limitstart=0) trying to find out the proper answer--my friend is on vacation, will ask him when he's back, and so while it doesn't actually state it, I figure top in first is probably somewhere inbetween what I thought and your 170 figure. I would think that second would probably have something like 60 klicks in it at least.
The RC 51 I drove last year had something like 110 k in first (to be honest I was more tach watching) and the Gixxer has so much more power that it's easily a good deal higher.

As for the pipes, I realize now that the stock bike has the triangular end bit on either side, my friend's pipes replace that bit, but when I saw his bike, it was really only a brief look, and I only looked at it one one side. The new part has two parallel upwards curved small pipes exiting after the catalytic conv. They're only about 8-10 inches long, and being two together, I thought that was it, but perhaps (probably) there's another set on the other side of the bike.

Jhan-hope the weekend went well and it wasn't too overwhelming for the family, crowd, heat, that sort of thing (writing this thursday, so can't wait to see how the race goes).

cheers
I think the R1 will hit nearly 180 in first! Its nearly got to the point where the litre bikes are too much and a 600 is (in the real world) the better bike.
Old 23 Jul 2007, 21:39 (Ref:1971529)   #81
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Why do you want to sell your current bike? If I had the money, this would be it:

http://www.ps-pt.com/ID0000000041_Ya...F_R7_OW02.aspx
The R7 is flawless!

As for my bike, I bought it used in spring of 2006. At the time, I wasn't sure how I'd like riding and such. The guy who owned it before me had dropped it in his garage. The left side had some minor cosmetic marks, so I got a good price. Now that I'm totally hooked on bikes I'd like to get something that is mine. That way I know what's gone into it.
Old 5 Aug 2007, 00:46 (Ref:1981130)   #82
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
first of all Gerben, all the best with your brothers head injury, and that he has no ill effects, the bike bits can be easily replaced.

when I started getting into bikes in the late 70's, my dream bike was the BMW RS1000, a sport tourer with a (then) very sexy fairing not seen on other production bikes. Beemer always understood proper seating position for fast, safe riding--ie, proper distribution of weight between the hands, the bum and the feet, (with wind speed taken into account).

With cruisers tending to have your hands up too much, and the pegs more forward, this automatically puts more of your weight more on yur tush, and therefore your spine. I'm sure as with sport bikes, stating "cruiser" is a blanket statement, with varying degress of chassis, engine vibration and suspension/seat factors coming into play, but overall, having your feet more forward along with higher bars just can't get around putting more of the weight in the direction of ones bottom. I'm sure Prep H are happy people who don't know better buy cruisers cuz they look comffy...

Hi Deej, how are you going, funny you like R100RS's I bought one as a restorer about a year ago to compliment the Daytona. I am having problems linking it so will email you some photos.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 23:14 (Ref:1989210)   #83
abrussich
Rookie

United States
Houston, Texas
abrussich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been riding since 1976. First bike was a Honda CB-550-4.
Currently ride a 1997 Ducati 900ss/sp and a 2000 Ducati M900-s.
I'd post photos but I do not have that ability yet.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 23:18 (Ref:1989213)   #84
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrussich
I've been riding since 1976. First bike was a Honda CB-550-4.
Currently ride a 1997 Ducati 900ss/sp and a 2000 Ducati M900-s.
I'd post photos but I do not have that ability yet.
e-mail the pics to me if you like and I'll post them up. PM for address if you want to.
Old 16 Aug 2007, 23:01 (Ref:1990549)   #85
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I have been riding since 1963 on all sorts of bikes from Triumph Bonneville's to Honda four's. I motocrossed for a few years but was never fit enough to do the longer races and packed up before I broke any more bones ! I currently use a 600cc Yamaha to collect small spares to save time in the traffic .
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Aug 2007, 04:34 (Ref:1990653)   #86
djb
Veteran

Quote:
I think the R1 will hit nearly 180 in first! Its nearly got to the point where the litre bikes are too much and a 600 is (in the real world) the better bike.
finally talked to my friend today, and he figures his bike hits between 120 and 140 in first. (also related to me how on the highway playing with a Porsche GT2, it picks up the front in second, holds it up shifting into third and comes down around 200kph--yup, the litre bikes are something else.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 15:58 (Ref:2022746)   #87
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok, so I'm having the worst time picking my next sportbike. I just don't see a lot that is appealing to me. If I could design my own, it would have a bit more power than a 600 (definitely more torque and low to mid range). But it wouldn't feel as cramped as a 600. It would still have that sportbike look and feel. Yes I know, Suzuki still makes a 750. And it's probably the closest thing to what I want. But you still have to keep it spooled up. And it also feels a bit small. A Ducati 999 seems ideal except for the riding position and maintenance costs. Any suggestions?

Old 25 Sep 2007, 21:25 (Ref:2022977)   #88
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
You answered your own question I reckon. GSX-R750 or perhaps a 636.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 22:51 (Ref:2023044)   #89
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
You answered your own question I reckon. GSX-R750 or perhaps a 636.
Yes and no. It's still a smallish bike. Essentially has the same frame as the GSX-R600. Plus, most of its usable power is in the higher end of the rev range.

An Aprilia RSV1000R would also be doable. It has the right level of power and torque, but is a bit heavy. Except I've heard parts are a nightmare to get a hold of.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 14:53 (Ref:2023630)   #90
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
JH, you want a completely new bikes right? My only advise is to wait a few weeks cause all the new (2008) bikes are being introduced as we speak.

Have you seen the picture for the new CBR? Looks like it will get a small seat not very different as the Motogp bike .
Old 28 Sep 2007, 17:14 (Ref:2025275)   #91
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Have you seen the picture for the new CBR? Looks like it will get a small seat not very different as the Motogp bike .
Yeah, I had seen the sneak peaks. Saw the official launch photos today. I don't know, I like it. Plus, I think Honda will have done what they did with the 600. Every Honda always draws good reviews. The only fault is that they never stand out in any one area. The new 600RR has led most if not all supersport reviews. I'm looking for the same from the new 1000RR. And unlike the K7 GSX-R1000, the 1000RR got lighter and not heavier.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 18:23 (Ref:2030097)   #92
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Eye candy.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/01oct...008bmw_hp2.htm
Old 3 Oct 2007, 20:13 (Ref:2030230)   #93
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
As lovely as that probably is, I'd rather have this HP2.....Oh, I did!!

Old 3 Oct 2007, 20:31 (Ref:2030249)   #94
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Aren't they all lovely?

Nice ride SD.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 13:19 (Ref:2030851)   #95
djb
Veteran

hey thats not a boxer, its some sort of lab or retriever mix....
;-)

(we had a lab who used to do the same "down ear" thing whenever she wouuld see a camera)
Old 4 Oct 2007, 17:24 (Ref:2031109)   #96
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
(we had a lab who used to do the same "down ear" thing whenever she wouuld see a camera)
Did that include speed cameras?? Now that would be a good trick!
Old 4 Oct 2007, 19:32 (Ref:2031249)   #97
djb
Veteran

howdy bluebottle, long time no speak (hope your munchkins are doing well)

very funny very funny, kinda like a canary in the coalmine thing...would certainly offset the vet bills from owning a dog!

cheerio from Canader
Old 4 Oct 2007, 19:44 (Ref:2031253)   #98
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
hey thats not a boxer, its some sort of lab or retriever mix....
;-)

Yep, yellow lab but with about 2% of ridgeback in the mix.

The HP2 is pure bred... Had some fun with it. We ran it in the Race to the Sky gravel hillclimb at Wanaka. 180KM/h uphill on the loose....
Old 4 Oct 2007, 20:34 (Ref:2031301)   #99
Alan
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire, UK
Alan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only just seen this thread. I've been riding since '68 but have not ridden on the road for some years now. I currently have a KX250 - its fairly old, a 93 model but its scrubbed up well, I enjoy working on it as much as riding it. I'm thinking about a 4 stroke MX bike at the moment.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 20:51 (Ref:2031306)   #100
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
I'm thinking about a 4 stroke MX bike at the moment
go on, go on.....

Better hurry up though, me and the boys in the office are going riding in about 30 minutes time. Conditions look good, lots of rain in the last 72 hours.