10.06.07 - Rd 7 Anglesey - Chester Motor Club
16.06.07 - Rd 8 Lydden - Boro 19 Motor Club
01.07.07 - Rd 9 Snetterton - Boro 19 Motor Club
21.07.07 - Rd 10 Llandow - BARC (Wales)
03.08.07 - Rd 11 Kirkistown - Ulster Automobile Club
05.08.07 - Rd 12 Kirkistown - Ulster Automobile Club
27.08.07 - Rd 13 Colerne - Bristol Motor Club & Bristol Pegasus Motor Club
08.09.07 - Rd 14 Aintree - Liverpool Motor Club

NB - The full regs for the 2007 SBD Motorsport British Sprint Championship are now available on the BMSA website (www.britishsprint.org).

Announced at this time is a new venture for the Sprint Championship – The Junior Challenge. Basically entrants will only have to pay one third of the full registration fee (that’s just £30); they will be asked to nominate, when registering, 4 events from the calendar above which will become their scoring events (NB Snetterton is excluded for logistical purposes). Substitute events may be nominated under conditions detailed in the regs where the full set of conditions can be found. Scoring will be based on the existing Championship course records, however where no record exists, or in the event of there being rain affected timed runs, then it will be scored against the fastest times in each category. The Trophy for this prestigious new award is named in honour of the long time supporter of the championship David Render.
Old 16 Apr 2007, 17:09 (Ref:1893183)   #2
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Kim's Progress

The following is an extract from an email I recieved today from Kim Kingham:

"I've been doing OK, the ankles are improving slowly. I can now walk around at home without crutches, although I need to use either 1 or 2 outside dependant on how far I am walking. I've got to go back to the hospital at the end of April for more x-rays & depending on how they look we discuss when all the plates & bolts are coming out.

I'll probably be coming to Pembrey at beginning of June, as Steve will be racing then."

Great to hear that Kim is progressing steadily. I am sure we all continue to wish her a full revovery.

Old 16 Apr 2007, 19:22 (Ref:1893311)   #3
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wilkinson

Great to hear that Kim is progressing steadily. I am sure we all continue to wish her a full revovery.

Seconded
Old 18 Apr 2007, 09:21 (Ref:1894538)   #4
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope everyone enjoyed Cadwell. Borough 19 pride themselves on doing a decent job, and the general consensus suggests competitors were happy with the way the day went. Any constructive comments are greatly appreciated. Remember, those that were out marshalling and organising are also competitors, so we know what people's problems can be; been there, done it and got the T-shirt! ( in all the classes!)
Old 18 Apr 2007, 14:29 (Ref:1894745)   #5
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Out Farr
Hope everyone enjoyed Cadwell. Borough 19 pride themselves on doing a decent job, and the general consensus suggests competitors were happy with the way the day went. Any constructive comments are greatly appreciated. Remember, those that were out marshalling and organising are also competitors, so we know what people's problems can be; been there, done it and got the T-shirt! ( in all the classes!)
1. Don't have the Noise Test on a steep hill.
2. At the marshal's briefing make sure the race marshals know what to do with the red flag rather than just lean on it!
3. Arrange for a better place for re-fuelling that doesn't adversely delay proceedings.
4. Double check the times coming from the timekeepers as several glitches made it onto the final sheet.

Hope that will do for starters!

Old 19 Apr 2007, 16:29 (Ref:1895603)   #6
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the points Steve made above are pretty similar to what some of the Sevenoaks members said who were up there....all in all they seemed to enjoy it though, be good to have seen a few more but hey ho.
Old 21 Apr 2007, 19:59 (Ref:1897224)   #7
dogsbody
Racer

dogsbody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wilkinson
3. Arrange for a better place for re-fuelling that doesn't adversely delay proceedings.

As the Fire Marshal assigned to provide safety cover for the Top 12 run-off I feel only able to comment on the one item.

I agree a better location may be found (perhaps the assembly area?) but it was the same area as last year. Secondly the teams perhaps could have been better briefed on where and how. Thirdly, and far far more importantly the crews should come prepared with a proper re-fuelling strategy. All but one came reasonably prepared (those who didn't will know who they are) but to turn up with a system that required at least 2 individuals, one not properly dressed for the occasion and with a rig that spilt quite an amount of fuel (fortunately petrol) into a hot engine bay??... get that fixed guys, please, you may not be so fortunate another time.

Overall though I thought the day went well and am pleased to hear most competitors enjoyed themselves. Here's to the next time....

edited for spelling!

Last edited by dogsbody; 21 Apr 2007 at 20:02.