Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Nov 2000, 20:06 (Ref:47402)   #26
angst
Veteran

angst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
downforce, do you really think you have seen a fraction of the skills of the drivers in cars that a young driver says are easier to drive than an FRenault? I'm not harking back so much as wishing for better for now. I'd love to see what the current drivers could do in something that was a challenge to drive.
Old 9 Nov 2000, 05:01 (Ref:47515)   #27
Tris
Racer

Tris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why has this turned into a pro/anti Schumacher thread?
Old 9 Nov 2000, 05:02 (Ref:47516)   #28
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Raoikkennen...ooops spelling, maybe hes extremely gifted or the Sauber is truly easier.
Say, the talented Nick doesnt say the Prost is easy does he?
Old 9 Nov 2000, 06:48 (Ref:47520)   #29
Tris
Racer

I think Sauber have signed the young Finn for one good reason, to stop McLaren, Willams or Benetton getting their claws into him.

Drivers who are under a McLaren contract.
Zonta, Heidfeld, Hakkinen, Coulthard

Drivers who are under a Benetton contract.
Fisichella, Trulli,

Drivers who are under a Willaims contract.
Ralf, Button, Montoya

That makes three teams having priority of service from nealy half the drivers. Perhaps there should be a maximum contract length!
Old 9 Nov 2000, 12:16 (Ref:47541)   #30
angst
Veteran

angst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tris, this hasn't turned into an anti/pro Schumacher thread, I used Schumacher to highlight the fact that I don't think we have seen any where near the talent he has. I think F1 has been dumbed down (two or three sprints broken up by fuel-stops), the cars can't overtake because of the aerodynamics of the current crop of cars and to top it all a FRenault driver tests an F1 and says it's easier to drive than his usual car. If you're happy with what you've got, good for you because you don't know what you're missing out on. My point was, wouldn't you rather see all of Schumacher's or Hakkinen's or Alesi's or Montoya's talents on show, rather than the fraction you get at the moment?
Old 9 Nov 2000, 13:51 (Ref:47571)   #31
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Exaclty Angst. I can't help feeling we're flogging a dead horse here though. By the way, good result for Leeds last night, well done!
Old 10 Nov 2000, 08:16 (Ref:47757)   #32
Tris
Racer

Angst...

Well I would have be surprised if the Finnish Wunderkind was given the full amount of revs. And I suspect he was running more down force than the norm. He is bound to say that f1 cars are easier to driver.

Second. Refuelling should be banned. It is not difficult enough to set the cars up. A full race uses amount 200kg of fuel.. for the race set-up you have to account for a 200kg difference in car weight. FRenault races are short so he would not have to get used to a new type of race set-up strategy in F1. Schumacher has not really raced competitively at the sharp end in this type of format in F1. In 1993 et al the active suspension took care of such things. I do think that we have not seen Schumacher's full amount of talent I think it is more a matter of how he has to apply his talent. (I could bring up the Zanardi issue.) Basically the format in F1 that we have at the moment is tailor made for Schumacher. He usually makes a balls up if he has to conserve his tyres..

Keke Rosberg is right. If the RaKK gets hiS superlicence the hierarchy of motor racing will collapse.
Old 10 Nov 2000, 09:21 (Ref:47767)   #33
Scarlet O'Hara
Rookie

Scarlet O'Hara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enjoying it more

Umm. My two bits. as a novice to F1 watching (Like Billy Hunt, only since the mid-1990s), I don't have the knowledge of the earlier and better days as comparison. But if I am staying up until the wee hours of the morning to watch a race in my time zone, F1 must be doing something for me--and presumably other junkies like me. [See I cleverly avoided mentioning TGF. somehow, he always figures in every thread, regardless of the original topic]