Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: How do you rate this year's Monaco Grand Prix?
10 2 2.04%
9 4 4.08%
8 8 8.16%
7 15 15.31%
6 19 19.39%
5 12 12.24%
4 17 17.35%
3 12 12.24%
2 3 3.06%
1 6 6.12%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 May 2012, 13:50 (Ref:3079875)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race- Monaco Grand Prix

How do you rate this year's Monaco Grand Prix?
Old 27 May 2012, 13:53 (Ref:3079879)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bloody brilliant. Hardly any overtaking. Pole man won. Ah, just like the good old days of ten years ago. All that despite these absolutely ridiculous rules that mean we boringly get six winners in six races.
Old 27 May 2012, 13:54 (Ref:3079882)   #3
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Monaco = procession = no overtaking = not a race!
Old 27 May 2012, 14:02 (Ref:3079886)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a race ! What a race ! Glamourous ! Monaco ! What a race ! Sixth winner, what's up with this championship ??
Old 27 May 2012, 14:04 (Ref:3079892)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Old 27 May 2012, 14:05 (Ref:3079894)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
usual monaco who ever starts first wins gave it a 3
Old 27 May 2012, 14:09 (Ref:3079900)   #7
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit naff really, looked to get exciting with the rain but turned into nothing.

Think the super softs could have done with being a bit softer really
Old 27 May 2012, 14:10 (Ref:3079902)   #8
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5, would have been a 3 if not for the final 20 laps. Alonso might have had something for Webber had he got around Nico Blockburg.

Bring on Montreal.
Old 27 May 2012, 14:16 (Ref:3079910)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
What a race ! What a race ! Glamourous ! Monaco ! What a race ! Sixth winner, what's up with this championship ??
And won!

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 May 2012, 14:27 (Ref:3079918)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This car looks a bit old...
Old 27 May 2012, 14:40 (Ref:3079927)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I liked it. The first time Pirelli have been unable to dick around with reality.
Old 27 May 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3079935)   #12
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The early stages were a bit dull, but it became more interesting later on. But because it stayed dry the end was a bit of an anticlimax. I rate it at 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
I do believe a race without passing can be fun, even historical. Remember the 1981 Spanish Grand Prix: that race is still remembered as one of the greatest in history, despite the lack of passing.
Old 27 May 2012, 15:37 (Ref:3079954)   #13
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Boring, precessional non-race...only highlight was seeing Schumacher retire and Webber getting a deserved win.

2/10

Last edited by jonboy1066; 27 May 2012 at 15:57.

Perry McCarthy
Old 27 May 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3079961)   #14
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

One stop? Tyres lasting for 30 laps? Did they bring Bridgestones by mistake?
Old 27 May 2012, 15:54 (Ref:3079965)   #15
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Enjoyed it, would have been better with a decent rainstorm, but a good finish.
Old 27 May 2012, 15:57 (Ref:3079966)   #16
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
As usual, all excitement before the race, and all moaning after it.

It's Monaco, it's always like that, especially now that the cars are so reliable. In the old days there were a lot of retirements, and the consequent increase in empty road meant that drivers could tiger a bit and gain on the cars ahead. Not now.

What would you rather have in the calendar - Monaco or another Tilkedrome? Perhaps Bernie could persuade Prince Albert could invest in an offshore man-made island on which to build a new course.
Old 27 May 2012, 16:05 (Ref:3079967)   #17
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Its a shame the race didn't last another 20 minutes, it began to pour down as soon as the race was over.
Old 27 May 2012, 16:08 (Ref:3079970)   #18
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I gave it a 5. Yep, it was bit boring. I know it can't really be helped. Nowadays the cars are too reliable and that Ste. Devout corner's newish profile(with the rumble strip and pitlane exit) make one of the very few overtaking spots, even more difficult. If we had some proper rain it might have spiced some things up. Wasn't to be. Great result from Webber and he managed to get one over on 'Fingerman'. "Not bad for a number 2 driver, eh?" . Alonso had a good result as well. It looks likely that he could make a serious challenge for the WDC in that Ferrari.
Old 27 May 2012, 16:43 (Ref:3079978)   #19
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've never been a fan of Monaco and this lived up to my non-expectations.

Thinking about that not so long ago we've had whole seasons of such races makes me glad about DRS and Pirelli tyres - workarounds but they do work.
Old 27 May 2012, 17:44 (Ref:3080006)   #20
Bakersboy
Racer

England
Stoke on Trent
Bakersboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As much as I love Monaco, is it really the best showcase for F1?
Old 27 May 2012, 18:21 (Ref:3080016)   #21
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
That is exactly what it is..
Old 27 May 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3080022)   #22
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
That is exactly what it is..

Couldn't agree more. All glitz and glamour, all showbiz and hangers-on.Modern F1.
Old 27 May 2012, 18:49 (Ref:3080033)   #23
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A good start , a close finish. Not alot in between, a modest 4
Old 27 May 2012, 19:13 (Ref:3080045)   #24
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
interesting start followed by a cracking lunch followed by watching 40 odd laps of boredom, which climaxed in buggering off back to the garage to do something more entertaining!

Old 27 May 2012, 19:25 (Ref:3080052)   #25
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Formula Perelli at Monaco was as expected. A dash to the first corner and then managing tyres for the next 77+ laps.

No overtaking and 100 minutes of the poor commentators talking about tyre preservation YAWN.

6 different winners and a close title race so far, yet I feel cheated by the lack of all out driving in the new F1/Perelli era.

Voted 1.