Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is the driver of this year's Monaco Grand Prix for you?
Grosjean 0 0%
Maldonado 1 0.93%
De la Rosa 0 0%
Kobayashi 0 0%
Petrov 0 0%
Schumacher 1 0.93%
Pic 0 0%
Ricciardo 0 0%
Button 0 0%
Kathikeyan 0 0%
Glock 0 0%
Kovalainen 12 11.21%
Vergne 6 5.61%
Perez 2 1.87%
Senna 1 0.93%
Raikkonen 0 0%
Hulkenberg 0 0%
di Resta 2 1.87%
Massa 5 4.67%
Hamilton 0 0%
Vettel 8 7.48%
Alonso 7 6.54%
Rosberg 1 0.93%
Webber 61 57.01%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 May 2012, 13:54 (Ref:3079881)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race- Monaco Grand Prix

Who is the driver of this year's Monaco Grand Prix for you?
Old 27 May 2012, 14:03 (Ref:3079888)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Interesting experiment to limit the impact of the 'donkey vote'
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 May 2012, 14:03 (Ref:3079889)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm confused now...
Old 27 May 2012, 14:04 (Ref:3079890)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
has to be webber, a good drive at the front of the procession
Old 27 May 2012, 14:15 (Ref:3079908)   #5
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've gone for the slightly leftfield choice of Sergio Perez. Any of the top 6 could have got the vote but it was the first race this year that was a bit boring and apart from Vettel they didn't do anything very special.

Perez kept it exciting though by jumping down the inside into the chicane, almost taking Raikkonen out and then that monster fastest lap which seemed impossible.
Old 27 May 2012, 14:25 (Ref:3079917)   #6
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Interesting experiment to limit the impact of the 'donkey vote'
Hehe, what's the donkey vote?

I opted for Vergne. I know there was the bad strategic call, but you know how these things can make you a hero or give you a zero. Ultimately though he worked his way up very well to 7th at one point from 18th.

Good leftfield choice there in Perez, beau1. He always seemed quick on track and made some moves.
Old 27 May 2012, 14:32 (Ref:3079919)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Massa, because he's english and did a good job this weekend, finally but too late.
Old 27 May 2012, 14:35 (Ref:3079922)   #8
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Because he is not English.
Old 27 May 2012, 14:43 (Ref:3079931)   #9
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Webber for me. Yes, it is "easy" to win Monaco from pole, but he got a good start, got clear of Rosberg and worked with his team on implementing a changing strategy caused by the iffy weather.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 27 May 2012, 14:56 (Ref:3079939)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Webber because he owns an english pub.
Old 27 May 2012, 15:06 (Ref:3079944)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Webber because I've had a pizza called The Webber in that English pub.
Old 27 May 2012, 15:45 (Ref:3079958)   #12
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heikki for placing a not brilliant car perfectly to frustrate Jenson's much faster one.
Old 27 May 2012, 15:52 (Ref:3079963)   #13
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Vettel. Kept out of the first lap chaos, made a risky strategy work with a very long stint and very fast laps just at the right moment. very close between him and Webber, but for my money, did a tougher job.
Old 27 May 2012, 16:12 (Ref:3079971)   #14
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I gave it to Alonso. Got his car up to 3rd(with the help of a pitstop) and took the lead in the WDC.

Second place to Webber. Not to take anything away from him. He got one other on his teammate and managed the slippery last laps at the end as well.

Third place for Vettel. It made up for his bad qualifying.

Epic fail of the day - Jenson Button. His Achilles' heel is the the tyres - if he can't get the heat into them, he goes backwards in a race!
Old 27 May 2012, 16:42 (Ref:3079977)   #15
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Karthikeyan, for receiving the most blue flags.
Old 27 May 2012, 18:12 (Ref:3080014)   #16
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Was going to go for Seb, but in the end went for Heikki.
Old 27 May 2012, 18:45 (Ref:3080031)   #17
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nico Rosberg, great composure
Old 27 May 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3080139)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Hehe, what's the donkey vote?
THE DONKEY VOTE

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 May 2012, 21:25 (Ref:3080158)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We should fine people who don't vote!
Old 27 May 2012, 21:36 (Ref:3080169)   #20
gts300
Racer

Australia
gts300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
That explained it better than I could!

We maight not do much right in Tasmanian Politics, but at least the Donkey Vote effect is reduced by the Robson Rotation; everyone gets their turn at the top!

Now... readjust your sets back to the racing.
Old 27 May 2012, 21:37 (Ref:3080170)   #21
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Di Resta for moving up the field, Webber for winning, Vettle for making an alternative stategy work or Perez for injecting a tiny little bit of excitemen into the race?

I went for Di Resta...
Old 27 May 2012, 21:50 (Ref:3080179)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Webber, because he's not Vettel.

Special mentions for Vergne and Kovalainen.
Old 27 May 2012, 22:01 (Ref:3080183)   #23
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vergne, for taking his prime tyres on a nearly 60-lap run, only to have it ruined by STR's faulty computers
Old 27 May 2012, 22:48 (Ref:3080203)   #24
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maldonado. For having the sense to finish very quickly and saave all that fuel.
Old 27 May 2012, 22:56 (Ref:3080208)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso, because his car is red like Dario Franchitti's and he's not Scottish but Dario Franchitti is; sort of.