Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Feb 2015, 10:36 (Ref:3506977)   #826
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyinsthoz View Post
But you have to pay $50 a month to do so.
No you dont. FTA on ten
Old 20 Feb 2015, 20:08 (Ref:3507162)   #827
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
This is actually more hours of coverage on 10 than 7 had last year for Clipsal.

And that's a great thing, we should be happy about that. Unfortunately my happiness doesn't extend to SeƱor White being part of the broadcast....
Old 21 Feb 2015, 09:12 (Ref:3507295)   #828
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
No you dont. FTA on ten
For clipsal yes - after that it's all highlights packages on 10 till July.

Good luck
Old 21 Feb 2015, 09:38 (Ref:3507298)   #829
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
For clipsal yes - after that it's all highlights packages on 10 till July.

Good luck
I came to the conclusion today that I wish that the V8s and F1 had moved totally to Foxtel leaving nothing on free to air as at least it would be easier to give up on the them cold turkey.

Now it's just going to be a long and drawn out painful process watching the V8s die a slow death through these awful little highlights packages which will probably show more talking to the drivers than racing...

...and Matthew White.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 06:40 (Ref:3507590)   #830
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If ratings fall dramatically on fta, it would not surprise me to see full race coverage return. For this move to Foxtel to be successful the V8s have to continue to rate on fta.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 06:44 (Ref:3507593)   #831
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How long have foxtel got their deal for? That's how long we will be stuck with highlights packages on 10
Old 22 Feb 2015, 07:40 (Ref:3507600)   #832
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Man you guys complain a lot.

Half the NASCAR Cup season is on pay TV, most of the xFinity season is on pay TV, Trucks are on pay TV, IMSA is on pay TV, Indycar is a pay TV, F1 is on pay TV, etc, etc, etc.

You get what I'm getting at.

If you really like the sport you'll find a way to watch it.

Us here in the states have been watching racing on pay TV for a long, long time.

As a matter of fact, I don't think there's a single sport in my country where you can watch a full season of competition on fta television.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 08:05 (Ref:3507602)   #833
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Man you guys complain a lot.

Half the NASCAR Cup season is on pay TV, most of the xFinity season is on pay TV, Trucks are on pay TV, IMSA is on pay TV, Indycar is a pay TV, F1 is on pay TV, etc, etc, etc.

You get what I'm getting at.

If you really like the sport you'll find a way to watch it.

Us here in the states have been watching racing on pay TV for a long, long time.

As a matter of fact, I don't think there's a single sport in my country where you can watch a full season of competition on fta television.
This is Australia, not another country.

Less than one third of Australians have PayTV

Sport on FTA has been an institution for decades, there are even laws here preventing 'big' event sport from being on PayTV exclusively.

Man, us guys are not complaining alot, we are standing up perhaps for the 66% of Australians who can't see all the races live and in full anymore!
Old 22 Feb 2015, 08:15 (Ref:3507606)   #834
William5
Racer

William5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How long have foxtel got their deal for? That's how long we will be stuck with highlights packages on 10
Its a 6 year deal, which finishes in 2020.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 08:16 (Ref:3507607)   #835
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post

Sport on FTA has been an institution for decades, there are even laws here preventing 'big' event sport from being on PayTV exclusively.

Man, us guys are not complaining alot, we are standing up perhaps for the 66% of Australians who can't see all the races live and in full anymore!
I dont reckon thats correct

Every Australian can watch the races live and in full. In fact even more than used to be able to. And now they can watch every session live including supports.

You're standing up for those that are self entitled

Last edited by peckstar; 22 Feb 2015 at 08:43.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 08:19 (Ref:3507608)   #836
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
No highlights package this weekend. Friday Saturday and Sunday on Ch ten live.

Best live coverage we have seen of clipsal since about 2008.

good riddance Ch 7 who treated the series poorly in the end
Old 22 Feb 2015, 19:15 (Ref:3507737)   #837
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Least Ch7 showed all rounds in their entirety. Cannot say the same about the ch10 coverage.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 21:03 (Ref:3507760)   #838
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I dont reckon thats correct

Every Australian can watch the races live and in full. In fact even more than used to be able to. And now they can watch every session live including supports.

You're standing up for those that are self entitled
Pecky they really can't. Cable roll-out stopped as soon as optus stopped. New estates don't have cable and foxtel refuses to install in most unit complexes, so those who actually can not get foxtel is growing significantly. Also you claim a third of Australians have foxtel? 7% by household is the figure I have heard.

Now some of these people can get Foxtel Play but this is both stupidly expensive and ridiculously poor quality compared to other platforms.

We need more competition to solve some of these issues but I am not sure Netflix or Stan are going to want motorsports.

I have been trying really hard to get a real number on this. Foxtel don't split commercial from home revenue, but the pure figures for 30% penetration doesn't seem to stack up. I suspect there may be 7 million STU in the market but not 7 million households with a subscription. A game of rubbery figures if you ask me.

Last edited by Mixer; 22 Feb 2015 at 21:22.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 22:50 (Ref:3507831)   #839
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyinsthoz View Post
Least Ch7 showed all rounds in their entirety. Cannot say the same about the ch10 coverage.
Ch 7 did not show one round in its entirety ever, It did not even show one race it in entirety because it was full of ads
Old 22 Feb 2015, 22:53 (Ref:3507835)   #840
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Pecky they really can't. Cable roll-out stopped as soon as optus stopped. New estates don't have cable and foxtel refuses to install in most unit complexes, so those who actually can not get foxtel is growing significantly. Also you claim a third of Australians have foxtel? 7% by household is the figure I have heard.

Now some of these people can get Foxtel Play but this is both stupidly expensive and ridiculously poor quality compared to other platforms.

We need more competition to solve some of these issues but I am not sure Netflix or Stan are going to want motorsports.

I have been trying really hard to get a real number on this. Foxtel don't split commercial from home revenue, but the pure figures for 30% penetration doesn't seem to stack up. I suspect there may be 7 million STU in the market but not 7 million households with a subscription. A game of rubbery figures if you ask me.
everyone in Australia has access to foxtel, they can get it via satellite they can get it on their mobile phone.

If they dont have access it because they have made a choice even those who claim they cant afford it
Old 22 Feb 2015, 23:33 (Ref:3507851)   #841
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
everyone in Australia has access to foxtel, they can get it via satellite they can get it on their mobile phone.

If they dont have access it because they have made a choice even those who claim they cant afford it
Pecky, have you gotten a promotion from propaganda officer for SC to propaganda officer for Foxtel or are you doing both jobs now? I haven't seen any media releases on it yet so you had better wake up the PR office and get one out.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 23:54 (Ref:3507856)   #842
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post

Things change.Technology changes even faster.To expect stuff to stay frozen in past decades in anything is unrealistic.
Old 22 Feb 2015, 23:54 (Ref:3507857)   #843
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Pecky, have you gotten a promotion from propaganda officer for SC to propaganda officer for Foxtel or are you doing both jobs now? I haven't seen any media releases on it yet so you had better wake up the PR office and get one out.
FOX ANNOUNCES MORE DETAILS OF V8 COVERAGE

Happy

But wait there's more

2 weeks free trial for new customers
Old 23 Feb 2015, 00:03 (Ref:3507861)   #844
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You wrote that just for us? Bloody quick work I must say.
Old 23 Feb 2015, 00:14 (Ref:3507867)   #845
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
You wrote that just for us? Bloody quick work I must say.
Aim to please,

sometimes though (general point) some people need to be dragged kicking and screaming to what will please them

new camera shot that will be used this year (but tested late last year)

Hamburger Cam (although realised that has an ad)

Greatest V8 Supercars season gets green light
Old 23 Feb 2015, 00:25 (Ref:3507871)   #846
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Foxtel are refusing to install satellite in unit complexes, unless someone has installed specific equipment into a unit complex, you cannot get Foxtel except for Foxtel Play.

Foxtel has only approved a SINGLE company to do multi-unit complexes.... Despite there being hundreds of products in use, Foxtel only approves 3 products for use in multi-unit complexes, 2 of which are not even available to purchase any more...

Also I live in Melbourne and I know enough people who say that the satellite goes to crap when it rains, ie a lot.
Old 23 Feb 2015, 00:31 (Ref:3507872)   #847
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Foxtel are refusing to install satellite in unit complexes, unless someone has installed specific equipment into a unit complex, you cannot get Foxtel except for Foxtel Play.

Foxtel has only approved a SINGLE company to do multi-unit complexes.... Despite there being hundreds of products in use, Foxtel only approves 3 products for use in multi-unit complexes, 2 of which are not even available to purchase any more...

Also I live in Melbourne and I know enough people who say that the satellite goes to crap when it rains, ie a lot.
so foxtel play then?

do you have an ADLS connection and can you get it through telstra T box?
Old 23 Feb 2015, 00:39 (Ref:3507877)   #848
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
so foxtel play then?

do you have an ADLS connection and can you get it through telstra T box?
Tried it.

Third rate service especially when compared to iView and SBS on demand.

Terrible lag ruined it for me.

I still have the satellite receiver on our roof which they left after I ditched Foxtel in 2010. Satellite was ok but regular loss of picture during storms or heavy overcast weather.

Looking coward to Ten's coverage - hopefully they'll improve on their previous offering.
Old 23 Feb 2015, 00:45 (Ref:3507879)   #849
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Tried it.

Third rate service especially when compared to iView and SBS on demand.

Terrible lag ruined it for me.

I still have the satellite receiver on our roof which they left after I ditched Foxtel in 2010. Satellite was ok but regular loss of picture during storms or heavy overcast weather.

Looking coward to Ten's coverage - hopefully they'll improve on their previous offering.
but first rate if you want to watch every event live including every session including supports

Ten will have improved, ist been 7 years and already we are seeing the best ever coverage of Clipsal on FTA
Old 23 Feb 2015, 01:03 (Ref:3507884)   #850
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To lose the satellite signal on Foxtel it has to be very very heavy rain and even then unless it is a biblical event it lasts about as long as an ad break. If you are losing signal in overcast weather get your dish calibrated.

To say Australians are use to getting sport broadcast free is something of a myth.

Can anyone tell me the last time every V8 race was broadcast in it's entirety on FTA? What about F1 races? Or every AFL and NRL match?

The current deal certainly means FTA loses a little bit compared to last year but no one can deny that the new deal will show more than has ever been broadcast in the past for those that want it.