Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 May 2006, 14:07 (Ref:1617916)   #1
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FOM signs new TV deal

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=119049

Cant ordinary hand held TV's recieve analogue free to air TV signals at circuits?

What is the point of sitting at the circuit, having paid a fortune for a ticket, in front of a giant TV screen and then watch it on a hand held TV.

If you are that desperate to watch it on a TV, why not sit at home, with a cold beer sold at a reasonable price, freshly cooked food (providing the wife/girlfriend will do it) and no queue for the toilets.

I really cant see the point of this deal.
Old 24 May 2006, 15:58 (Ref:1617991)   #2
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And this, I feel the need to add, is the product of a Montreal head quartered outfit

P.S. You may keep calling me Louis B. without having constantly to refer to me as "His highness Louis B."
Old 24 May 2006, 16:05 (Ref:1617996)   #3
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
And their stock is traded under the symbol KTV.TO on the Toronto Stock market. The stock is currently at Cdn $7.60 per share, a gain of $0.50 since the press release of the news.

Hurry up while there are still a few left.
Old 24 May 2006, 16:15 (Ref:1618010)   #4
ParkLife
Racer

ParkLife should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been saying for years and years that this is what you need when you're at cricuits. If only for the live timing! Having access to the live timing while watching the race live removes a lot of the confusion that can arrise!

Excellent. Except it'll probably cost a fortune!
Old 24 May 2006, 17:59 (Ref:1618095)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I find the big TV's at circuits a big help, so this is even more ideal.

Yes, we go there to see the cars live.....but you still need to be able to follow the race, pitstops, events on the other side of the circuit etc...
Old 24 May 2006, 20:36 (Ref:1618202)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l
What is the point of sitting at the circuit, having paid a fortune for a ticket, in front of a giant TV screen and then watch it on a hand held TV.
Fortunately they won't force you to watch it

Great, options are always good.
Old 24 May 2006, 20:45 (Ref:1618205)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
I find the big TV's at circuits a big help, so this is even more ideal.

Yes, we go there to see the cars live.....but you still need to be able to follow the race, pitstops, events on the other side of the circuit etc...
Exactly, the more acess we have to mobile technology whilst at the circuits the more we will be able to keep informed as to what is happening on other parts of the track that we may not be at. If we so choose that we want that, if you dont like the sound of it then nobody is forcing you to use it.

Of course to begin with these things will probably be very expensive and out of reach of some fans but as it becomes more popular like everything else the prices will surley come down. In years to come I imagine this will become the norm for all forms of major International motorsport and not just F1.
Old 24 May 2006, 21:40 (Ref:1618248)   #8
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
And I am told that you may tune it to watch during the race either:

the Weather channel (Martyn will love it);
Rumours from the paddock;
Desperate Pit Babes;
Cooking with Bernie & Flav;
The best of ITV's adds.
Old 25 May 2006, 00:54 (Ref:1618313)   #9
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Not really sure I understand the point myself? Don't you go to a race to watch it live? or does one need to be squinting at a TV screen..