Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Jul 2011, 17:02 (Ref:2929065)   #1
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
BobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wired: "10 Geeky Reasons You Should Be Watching Formula One"

Here's a good layman's explanation of part of the appeal of F1. From now on when some of my friends who don't "get" F1 ask me what the appeal is, I will refer them to this article. Of course, there's a lot more to the sport than the high tech stuff (like the F1 babes, for example ), but I do find the techie stuff very appealing (even though I don't understand it all).

10 Geeky Reasons You Should Be Watching Formula One

wired.com
Dave Banks
July 19, 2011

This weekend’s Grand Prix of Germany will mark the halfway point in the 2011 Formula One World Championship and if you haven’t been watching this year’s season, you are not only missing out on some of the best races in recent history, but you’re also being left out of what is, arguably, the geekiest sport this side of the Quidditch Cup.

Year after year, the Formula One World Championship is the most watched sporting event in the world, with more than 525 million people watching over the course of the season. Only when the World Cup or the Olympics come around, do more people tune in for sport. F1 fans love watching the incredible speeds of the machines, their physics-defying nimbleness at the hands of the drivers, and the high strategy of the competition, but beneath it all are some incredibly geeky people – and reasons – that should have you DVRing every practice, qualifying session and race...

Old 21 Jul 2011, 10:11 (Ref:2929346)   #2
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
So its official now F1 is the sport of GEEKS my how far we've come since the cigarette companies were forced out of the most glamorous and dangerous sport in the world.
Old 21 Jul 2011, 18:41 (Ref:2929517)   #3
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, that's right - whenever I see a cigarette I think of glamour and danger. Definitely F1 has lost these because of tobacco being forced out (by laws unlrelated to F1)...