Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jul 2011, 21:58 (Ref:2933593)   #1
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jenson Button's website hacked.

http://www.jensonbutton.com/

''Jenson Button, 31, is in a critical condition after being involved in a serious accident. Jenson was taken to Budapest's AEK hospital where he is undergoing medical attention. It's unclear what injuries Jenson sustained during the accident at this time.

Jenson's team is in contact with the FIA and currently discussing whether he is able to race tomorrow at the Hungaroring.''
Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:03 (Ref:2933596)   #2
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No way... can't find any other source yet I hope he's OK.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:08 (Ref:2933598)   #3
jonm2
Rookie

United Kingdom
jonm2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty sure the story on his official site is fake.

The pic is of a Merc sls. Google 'sls crash' and it comes up on google images multiple times.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:12 (Ref:2933600)   #4
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a bloody cruel prank to play. Christ...
Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:14 (Ref:2933601)   #5
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The article is faker than Jordan's breasts...

His site has blatantly been hacked.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:20 (Ref:2933605)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On the device I'm on I can't see the link in question. However I'm assuming the sniper is right and have changed the thread title.

Let's use a bit of sense here...
Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:23 (Ref:2933607)   #7
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
It didn't even occur to me it might have been a hack... and now I feel pretty stupid! Looking back at it now, why would his website be the first to post the news and why would they put up a picture of the wrecked car with his life in the balance?

Now I've stopped freaking out, it is pretty damn obvious.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:25 (Ref:2933608)   #8
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
http://www.jensonbutton.com/

''Jenson Button, 31, is in a critical condition after being involved in a serious accident. Jenson was taken to Budapest's AEK hospital where he is undergoing medical attention. It's unclear what injuries Jenson sustained during the accident at this time.

Jenson's team is in contact with the FIA and currently discussing whether he is able to race tomorrow at the Hungaroring.''
Jenson is in "critical condition" and the team and the FIA are discussing if he can race tomorrow?
Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2933612)   #9
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Damn hack. Almost scared one of my best friends who is a Button fan for this utter misinformation.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:28 (Ref:2933614)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is it possible to send an email to the web master on the site? It might help as they might not have seen it?
Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:28 (Ref:2933616)   #11
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Damn hack. Almost scared one of my best friends who is a Button fan for this utter misinformation.
Same. I was all over twitter etc trying to find any news. Some people have a sick idea of 'fun'.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:39 (Ref:2933627)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Clearly fake. Jenson couldn't have crashed as he is too busy saving the tyres so he can pass the next ten MOT's with the same set.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:41 (Ref:2933629)   #13
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Jenson is in "critical condition" and the team and the FIA are discussing if he can race tomorrow?
That's what stood out for me, even more than the totally inappropriate picture of 'his' wrecked car (had this been true). It's like the hacker felt guilty and wanted to send out a message: "don't worry, it's obviously fake!". But more likely the hacker, for all their technical skills, is ultimately a bit thick.

Whatever, it's such a low thing to do. Sometimes I despair for the human race.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:43 (Ref:2933631)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's childish, but I find stuff like that quite amusing. Part of that is I feel sorry for the hacker.

Then again, that specific story could cause unnecessary worry. A better quality of hack news is required.

Also, was I the only one who expected that bloody picture of a dislodged 'F1' keyboard button that did the rounds for years to pop up?
Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:49 (Ref:2933635)   #15
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
It's childish, but I find stuff like that quite amusing. Part of that is I feel sorry for the hacker.

Then again, that specific story could cause unnecessary worry. A better quality of hack news is required.

Also, was I the only one who expected that bloody picture of a dislodged 'F1' keyboard button that did the rounds for years to pop up?
Hang on I will call Rebekaaaaaa silly girlie whatever her name it is..
Old 30 Jul 2011, 23:05 (Ref:2933646)   #16
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry guys, saw it went looking for more information. It was posted on Adam Cooper's blog but has since been taken down.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 23:12 (Ref:2933651)   #17
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Sorry guys, saw it went looking for more information. It was posted on Adam Cooper's blog but has since been taken down.
Don't worry about it. I did the same on twitter when I read it. It was a news post on his official website, it's perfectly reasonable to believe it.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 00:01 (Ref:2933665)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's ok now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeson Button official website
Earlier on today some of you may have seen a news article here on JensonButton.com regarding a car accident. This article was completely false and we are currently investigating how an unauthorised person was able to post to the site.

Suffice to say Jenson is safe, well and tucked up in bed looking forward to tomorrow's race, starting from 3rd on the grid.

We can only apologise for any alarm this may have caused.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 00:30 (Ref:2933673)   #19
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
The hacker got himself news exposure on the BBC website, which is unfortunate really.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 07:45 (Ref:2933748)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post

I expected that too! I don't think I could take that again.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 07:54 (Ref:2933751)   #21
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
I was all over twitter etc
This modern phrase fascinates me, and makes me laugh. To me being 'all over' something is more appropriate to a a sentence like 'at that party last night he was all over her like a cheap suit'. So when people like Sky Sports News (Brian Swanson in particular) say things like 'We are all over the Tevez situation' it brings forth the wrong mental image for me..

Of course their (Sky's) latest stock phrase is 'blah blah has been across that story all day'. Across??