Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:51 (Ref:2933636)   #76
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That Hamilton "starstruck" quote is one of my favourite ever in the sport.

The guy is the biggest mischief maker on the grid, love it. I hope he continues this.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 23:00 (Ref:2933641)   #77
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post

The guy is the biggest mischief maker on the grid, love it. I hope he continues this.
Fantastic, did he say that really..
Old 30 Jul 2011, 23:08 (Ref:2933647)   #78
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wouldn't put it beyond him.

Just because it is The Sun doesn't mean it's false. Maybe out of context!

I want to believe it. It's rare, hilarious gold in a sport where a drivers personality is deemed edgy because he likes Little Britain and Monty Python.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 07:14 (Ref:2933738)   #79
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I wouldn't put it beyond him.

Just because it is The Sun doesn't mean it's false. Maybe out of context!

I want to believe it. It's rare, hilarious gold in a sport where a drivers personality is deemed edgy because he likes Little Britain and Monty Python.
Saw one of Carter Ruck's top people on tele the other day. He was talking about how well the papers check their stories before they allow them to go to press and he said The Sun are one of the best for getting their facts right. Of course it's not whether what they print is accurate but which facts they choose to publish and how they present them that makes them the lowest of the low ( now NOTW has gone ) and he certainly made it clear that he did not consider them a quality paper (of course he did it in a totally non-actionable way ).

In case you don't recognise the name Carter Ruck is the top libel law company in the UK.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 13:52 (Ref:2933929)   #80
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Lewis Hamilton, disguised as a donkey, made an ass of himself.

In other news, the likeable and modest Jenson Button wins the Grand Prix
Old 31 Jul 2011, 14:39 (Ref:2933990)   #81
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
If you take it in context of the whole interview, think what he meant was that he is that he finds it harder to believe that he is good enough to be an F1 driver than some of the people around him. Not that he thinks he is amazing as the Sun put it.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 15:06 (Ref:2934003)   #82
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
Saw one of Carter Ruck's top people on tele the other day. He was talking about how well the papers check their stories before they allow them to go to press and he said The Sun are one of the best for getting their facts right. Of course it's not whether what they print is accurate but which facts they choose to publish and how they present them that makes them the lowest of the low ( now NOTW has gone ) and he certainly made it clear that he did not consider them a quality paper (of course he did it in a totally non-actionable way ).

In case you don't recognise the name Carter Ruck is the top libel law company in the UK.
I'm not sure it's so much "getting the facts right" as "not printing anything blatantly libellous".

Of course, it is easier to get your facts right if those facts come straight from peoples' voicemails and emails...
Old 31 Jul 2011, 18:10 (Ref:2934114)   #83
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
I'm not sure it's so much "getting the facts right" as "not printing anything blatantly libellous".

Of course, it is easier to get your facts right if those facts come straight from peoples' voicemails and emails...
I'm afraid I'm out of the office right now but if you leave a message I'll read it in The Sun later.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 18:36 (Ref:2934128)   #84
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Let us make a list of where certain drivers excel:

Vettel : qualifying.

Button : changing conditions

Hamilton : overtaking and extreme wet weather conditions(I was going to add crashing but lets keep it serious!).

Alonso : team building(McLaren year being a blip).
Old 31 Jul 2011, 20:57 (Ref:2934200)   #85
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Let us make a list of where certain drivers excel:

Vettel : qualifying.

Button : changing conditions

Hamilton : overtaking and extreme wet weather conditions(I was going to add crashing but lets keep it serious!).

Alonso : team building(McLaren year being a blip).
Oh! Absolutely!

How cool is it that Alonso spends so much energy - and is so effective - in ensuring Massa has equal opportunity within 'The Team'?
Old 31 Jul 2011, 21:13 (Ref:2934206)   #86
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
Oh! Absolutely!

How cool is it that Alonso spends so much energy - and is so effective - in ensuring Massa has equal opportunity within 'The Team'?
Alonso can build the team up in the knowledge that he easily has the speed and talent to beat Massa.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 21:15 (Ref:2934208)   #87
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The more times Alonso manages to get that Ferrari onto the podium, the more I'm convinced he is the outright best of the post-Schumacher era.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 21:36 (Ref:2934213)   #88
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
The more times Alonso manages to get that Ferrari onto the podium, the more I'm convinced he is the outright best of the post-Schumacher era.
One would definitely conclude that he is the strongest of the current era or probably of all times if he accomplished that feat!
Old 1 Aug 2011, 00:13 (Ref:2934256)   #89
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the Ferrari is every bit as quick as the Red Bull, depending on the circuit. They've just had a few wettish/cold races and haven't been able to show their proper pace.
Old 1 Aug 2011, 08:49 (Ref:2934359)   #90
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Loved Button's little dig at him after the race though?

JB: "Hey mate, how was it for you?"

FA: "Not bad"

JB: "You kept going off didn't you?!"

FA, slightly irriitated look: "Er..Traffic."
Old 1 Aug 2011, 11:57 (Ref:2934453)   #91
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
I think the Ferrari is every bit as quick as the Red Bull, depending on the circuit. They've just had a few wettish/cold races and haven't been able to show their proper pace.
Yeah, but have you ever tried lifting a Ferrari up? Should be around 560 kg depending on the driver's weight!
Old 1 Aug 2011, 12:01 (Ref:2934459)   #92
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
Yeah, but have you ever tried lifting a Ferrari up? Should be around 560 kg depending on the driver's weight!
Old 1 Aug 2011, 17:36 (Ref:2934615)   #93
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post