D'Ambrosio 0 0%
Ricciardo 1 1.02%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Jul 2011, 13:41 (Ref:2930397)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race : German GP

Driver of the race is...
Old 24 Jul 2011, 14:03 (Ref:2930400)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Lewis no question!

Well done Massa and Sutil though for their respective pace.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 14:03 (Ref:2930401)   #3
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
No contest, it has to be hammy.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Jul 2011, 14:07 (Ref:2930404)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No doubt about it for me out of the frontrunners- Lewis Hamilton.

But Sutil drove a mighty fine race. Kobayashi excellent as always and Petrov in the points gets me some nice points for the predictions contest (along with Sutil).
Old 24 Jul 2011, 14:13 (Ref:2930407)   #5
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 great drives at the front, so I had to vote in the order they finished! Lewis is my DotD. Although not far behind the front 3 was Sutil and Kobayashi.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 14:20 (Ref:2930409)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's got to be Hamilton; that move getting first place back after Alonso had made his pistop and had taken the lead was amazing.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 14:30 (Ref:2930412)   #7
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah Hamilton best driver today outstanding in fact
Old 24 Jul 2011, 14:38 (Ref:2930417)   #8
Raspberry
Rookie

United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Raspberry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'Louise' shows all the other Thelmas how to do it...typically Lewis.

Honourable mensh to Herr Schumacher - very much the old Meister again!
Old 24 Jul 2011, 14:50 (Ref:2930421)   #9
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Hammy for me - really good drive & good to see him pulling a good race together - definitely deserves DOTR
Old 24 Jul 2011, 15:34 (Ref:2930431)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton without a shred of a doubt - but well done to Sutil too.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 15:43 (Ref:2930434)   #11
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lewis all the way ! Plus a mention to Massa, also to Heidfeld for doing a Petrov and getting some air !
Old 24 Jul 2011, 16:00 (Ref:2930436)   #12
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Hamilton because he's British.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 16:22 (Ref:2930448)   #13
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF for fighting back into the points - Hamilton for winning with guts and determination and Alonso same. Well done Sutil excellent drive.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 17:46 (Ref:2930457)   #14
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Hamilton because he was the best out there today. And he's British.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 17:46 (Ref:2930458)   #15
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis. Didn't look even in the same field until Q1 started, and from then on looked almost unbeatable. Great repass on Weber, hard but fair when Weber tried to take him. Great move on Alonso.

Great driving from all 3 at the front though, and good nods to Sutil and Kamui too. And Scumacher too really for recovering.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 18:09 (Ref:2930465)   #16
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Lewis drove a great race, but going on the assumption that the fastest car won the race (reasons for people not voting for Vettel before) i'm not going for Lewis.

Fact of the matter is, as much as it pains me to say it, i think that Sutil drove the best race of his f1 career to date, finishing ahead of the factory Mercs is a great achievement. So my vote goes to him.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 18:13 (Ref:2930467)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Lot of people have mentioned Kobayashi. I'm not getting it.

Apart from a decent start, he didn't figure afterwards did he?

Schumacher, binned it again when he was shaping up to put a number on Rosberg, so again not a particularly stellar drive from the old boy was it?

After Lewis, Sutil was the outstanding driver, followed it seemed by Massa (in terms of speed anyway) Shame it took him an age to despatch Nico otherwise he could've been right in the hunt!
Old 24 Jul 2011, 18:24 (Ref:2930474)   #18
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Superb Lewis...
Old 24 Jul 2011, 20:03 (Ref:2930517)   #19
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

After Lewis, Sutil was the outstanding driver, followed it seemed by Massa (in terms of speed anyway) Shame it took him an age to despatch Nico otherwise he could've been right in the hunt!
I don't quite follow that logic. Alonso had much more speed than Massa so how could Massa be an outstanding driver today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Lot of people have mentioned Kobayashi. I'm not getting it.

Apart from a decent start, he didn't figure afterwards did he?
He yet again got a points-scoring finish in a Sauber from a lowly grid position. Sutil was the only other driver in a lesser team who you could consider better today.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 20:35 (Ref:2930547)   #20
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Driver of the day - well it has to be Lewis. He seemed to have the same mindset that he had in China(i.e. no major outbursts and just get on with the job). Great racing with Webber and a super move on Alonso at the end. Plus McLaren made good pitstops calls this weekend.

Alonso gets second 'driver of the day'. He had a pretty good race.

A good race for Webber, but he can't seem to convert pole positions into race wins at the moment.

Sebestian Skywalker had a bad race today. 4th place is bad for him! Still he can afford it. He still has to prove he can race in traffic, the jury is still out on that one.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 20:38 (Ref:2930551)   #21
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
He can't yet...
Old 24 Jul 2011, 20:40 (Ref:2930555)   #22
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Massa was plenty quick enough to have been closer than 25 odd seconds behind the first 3 at the flag, had he not spent ages behind Rosberg.....

He and Vettel were next quickest than Lewis towards the end I thought Brundle said?

My point about Massa is he did well on speed and seemed to have Vettel handled on track until the last lap pit stop. Massa's getting closer and closer to where he ought to be.

Re Kobayashi, he would've been outside the top 10 had Button finished, Schu and Di Resta not ballsed up earlier in the race, pace wise he wasn't that great today. Nothing amazing about his drive today.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 21:50 (Ref:2930631)   #23
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Driver of the Day: Lewis, only because he is British, and nothing to do with the pass on Alonso, or the pass on Webber, or the soundbite of the week ("I gave him enough room to be behind me"), or the first couple of laps on prime tyres, or winning the race.

German Driver of the Day: Sutil, for getting the Force India that far up the results.

Surprise Finish of the Day: Michael Schumacher's front wing.

"Let Bygones Be Bygones" Gesture of the Day: Fermando Alonso for wishing good results on McLaren (as long as they finish behind him and in front of Red Bull).

Lucky Save of the Week. Vettel, for ignoring a sensible strategy from his race engineer and still jumping Massa due to the Ferrari garage being staffed with SlowFit fitters.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 22:35 (Ref:2930647)   #24
Steve Milward
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Steve Milward should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Without question Hamilton, great drive, perfect lap after perfect lap
Old 24 Jul 2011, 23:26 (Ref:2930658)   #25
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I really don't like voting for Hamilton at any time, but today I can't think of a single reason not to do so and there were two or three in particular that strengthened his claim, so he gets my vote.

I'm curious about the relative performance of the McLaren and the Ferrari and wonder if it might have been a different story if the weather had not been so cold.

Pat Fry, now with Ferrari, said: “Clearly McLaren, at least with Lewis, has made a significant step forward compared to Silverstone, be it because of a return to the Valencia situation in terms of engine mapping, or because of the updates introduced here.”

I think it was a combination of both, but am looking forward to Hungary, where it should be warmer, which will help Ferrari.

Massa seems finally to be back to his pre-accident form, and if he maintains that, I see no reason for Ferrari to replace him, certainly not next year.