Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 30 Aug 2014, 16:47 (Ref:3449089)   #226
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I LOVE a good hamburger. Grilled onions, mushrooms, bacon, cheese - fantastic. Though I would feel sorry for someone if the only hamburger they were ever able to experience was the one sold at VIR. Literally. It did the job for lunch, but it didn't hold a candle to a great burger. If there was no other way for a fan to ever eat a hamburger other than that one...oh man. That sucks, you have GOT to try a really good burger. You'll know what you're missing the next time you eat the VIR burger. It just isn't the same.
This is way too much effort.
Old 30 Aug 2014, 23:07 (Ref:3449140)   #227
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Though I would feel sorry for someone if the only hamburger they were ever able to experience was the one sold at VIR. Literally. It did the job for lunch, but it didn't hold a candle to a great burger.
So I got a real kick out of reading this. . I wasn't there this past weekend so I can't say if the VIR burger was better or worse than usual. But as to it being a gourmet burger? No, and it isn't billed as one. But I will say, it is good for what it is which is a generic burger stand burger with self serve condiments and dressings. I will say that it is a tradition for my son and I to get that burger each time we visit VIR and we look forward to it. My winner for bizarre trackside burger was the one sold to me at the trackside restaurant at the Nurburgring. I was hungry so I choked it down, but maybe that was just a German thing.

Richard
Old 1 Sep 2014, 15:17 (Ref:3449504)   #228
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
So I got a real kick out of reading this. . I wasn't there this past weekend so I can't say if the VIR burger was better or worse than usual. But as to it being a gourmet burger? No, and it isn't billed as one. But I will say, it is good for what it is which is a generic burger stand burger with self serve condiments and dressings. I will say that it is a tradition for my son and I to get that burger each time we visit VIR and we look forward to it. My winner for bizarre trackside burger was the one sold to me at the trackside restaurant at the Nurburgring. I was hungry so I choked it down, but maybe that was just a German thing.

Richard
Was it pork schnitzel? Quite common....

Having said that. My dad and I are the same way at Road America with the RGP potatoes, and eggers in the morning. New thread?? I think so.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 2 Sep 2014, 15:31 (Ref:3449738)   #229
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Was it pork schnitzel? Quite common....

Having said that. My dad and I are the same way at Road America with the RGP potatoes, and eggers in the morning. New thread?? I think so.
A pork schnitzel would have been welcomed. I am pretty sure it was a beef burger. The odd part was the condiment that was slathered on it. I honestly can't remember how I ordered it. I think I may have asked for mustard and ketchup? Or maybe I just ordered a burger and let them decide what to put on it. But it came with something that looked to be a cross between ketchup, salsa and a spicy sauce, but not in a good way. I think that was the only thing on the burger as well. Otherwise, everything else I ate in Germany was great!

And "Trackside food... good, bad and ugly" would make a good thread. Just don't know what forum it would live in?

Richard
Old 2 Sep 2014, 16:10 (Ref:3449753)   #230
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
And "Trackside food... good, bad and ugly" would make a good thread. Just don't know what forum it would live in?

Trackside

A place for you to plan your trips to the circuit - arrange meet-ups with old friends, or seek advice on the best place to watch from, the best bar to drink at, etc.
Old 2 Sep 2014, 19:45 (Ref:3449794)   #231
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Richard, will the burger stand still be there for the 13H enduro at the end of October? Although we'll probably won't be eating those burgers anyway as we'll be joining the cooking conquest that will be going on at that event, I'm thinking about nominating my delicious (as I say so myself! ) garlic meatballs as contribution!
Old 2 Sep 2014, 21:20 (Ref:3449819)   #232
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Richard, will the burger stand still be there for the 13H enduro at the end of October? Although we'll probably won't be eating those burgers anyway as we'll be joining the cooking conquest that will be going on at that event, I'm thinking about nominating my delicious (as I say so myself! ) garlic meatballs as contribution!
I can't say for sure, but it likely will be open. I think for the small events (track rental for driving events, etc.) they sort of make some type of decision as to how many people they think will be there and either open it or not, or maybe work out something in advance with whoever is organizing the event. I was crew for a Chump Car race last year and I think the concession stand was open for that? But I am not 100% sure as our team had our own food.

The SCCA 13hr enduro is listed in the remaining 2014 events...

http://virnow.com/events/

That page includes the text "Enjoy onsite lodging, dining, karting, shooting and more" Given it is on the main event page (which lists dining), they charge an entrance fee and it should be as large (or larger than) the Chump Car race, I would expect the concession stand will be open. Again, the burger there is a tradition for me, but it is not fine dining!

Richard