Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Who's going?
Going 8 36.36%
Not sure 1 4.55%
Not going 13 59.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Aug 2014, 23:37 (Ref:3447488)   #26
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Of Lourdes wec p2 will be faster than Tusc.I'm more curious on the dp to wec p2 times.
Yes, it will be interesting to see how the assignment of Conti tires and LM aero have affected the speeds of the US P2's versus the WEC P2's.

We already know how adding 150 HP, tunnels, splitters and advanced wings have helped the DP's.

It will be interesting to see if the DP's are anywhere near the WEC P1's.
Old 25 Aug 2014, 23:39 (Ref:3447489)   #27
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
Yes, it will be interesting to see how the assignment of Conti tires and LM aero have affected the speeds of the US P2's versus the WEC P2's.

We already know how adding 150 HP, tunnels, splitters and advanced wings have helped the DP's.

No, there's no question that they will be nowhere near even Rebellion.
Old 26 Aug 2014, 00:35 (Ref:3447516)   #28
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
CyberMotor, the Le Mans aero requirement for LMP2s in TUSCC was dropped a LONG time ago. They maybe ran in that trim at Daytona, because it made some sense, but they've been running full downforce packages since then.

Also, like I said earlier, the TUSCC P2s are running more power than the WEC P2s, so we'll see.
Old 26 Aug 2014, 00:39 (Ref:3447519)   #29
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Theyll be about a second slower than wec lmp2's if I were to guess, maybe more. The difference between GTE and GT'LM' will be the coolest comparison imo.
Old 26 Aug 2014, 01:34 (Ref:3447537)   #30
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
It will also be interesting to see how the speeds and times achieved are derived by the energy expended. I don't think there will be any questions there about the winners but will be looking forward to the analysis and rankings.
Old 26 Aug 2014, 02:19 (Ref:3447552)   #31
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It will also be interesting to see how the speeds and times achieved are derived by the energy expended. I don't think there will be any questions there about the winners but will be looking forward to the analysis and rankings.
On top of that I am really looking forward to seeing the Lotus on track, and seeing how it does with the AER motor!
Old 26 Aug 2014, 04:08 (Ref:3447585)   #32
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I agree on the Lotus, and also wanna see how Mike Conway does in the #7!
Old 26 Aug 2014, 09:59 (Ref:3447656)   #33
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Are you serious?? IT should be more like DP´s versus WEC´s LMP2´s. The Rebellions going backwards would be faster.
Old 26 Aug 2014, 10:59 (Ref:3447677)   #34
Robbo28
Rookie

Robbo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
Are you serious?? IT should be more like DP´s versus WEC´s LMP2´s. The Rebellions going backwards would be faster.
LMP2's on proper tyres will be faster than the DP's!
Old 27 Aug 2014, 01:54 (Ref:3447972)   #35
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo28 View Post
LMP2's on proper tyres will be faster than the DP's!

Amen brother!

Testify testify!!
Old 27 Aug 2014, 02:24 (Ref:3447977)   #36
Gulf
Racer

Gulf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
DP2 cars were ugly like hell, but c'mon DP3 are very nice cars! sincerly you can't say that corvette DP is an ugly car
Very ugly.
Old 27 Aug 2014, 11:43 (Ref:3448098)   #37
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Managed to get the day of work so I'm very gee'd up for this entire race meeting. So much sportscar action that weekend.

As always with the WEC the works P1 battle is enough for me. Literally anything on top of that is a bonus - but there are quite a few intriguing sub-plots at CotA.
Old 27 Aug 2014, 15:40 (Ref:3448194)   #38
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
http://www.cotaexperiences.com/2014-...d-drivers-2014

If you believe the COTA website's entry list, and pictures that go with it, there are some interesting changes in the WEC race...some cars I didn't know were eligible.

FIA WEC ‏@FIAWEC now
We are aware of the problem and we're now working with @circuitamericas to provide correct information.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com...raphic-photos/
Old 27 Aug 2014, 16:05 (Ref:3448205)   #39
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ahahahah that is some legendary stuff right there
Old 27 Aug 2014, 16:19 (Ref:3448211)   #40
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
That Audi Group C car is really inspiring!

But hang on a minute - wouldn't it be great to have a classic IMSA GTP/WSC/Group C/Can-Am race on the support bill?!
Old 27 Aug 2014, 16:48 (Ref:3448222)   #41
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Classic Endurance Racing / CER used to be part of LMS (& some ILMC and early WEC IIRC) weekends but I guess it was too good of a package to keep..
Old 27 Aug 2014, 17:53 (Ref:3448250)   #42
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Classic Endurance Racing / CER used to be part of LMS (& some ILMC and early WEC IIRC) weekends but I guess it was too good of a package to keep..
It's probably more a matter of historic race car owners not being willing to pay for overseas traveling. If you look at the Historic Group C schedule, the races are all in mainland Europe, they don't travel intercontinentally.

As well as CER goes, they have gone to appear only at classic car events now, there's not a single regular race event they're part of this year.

But I guess this may just be another case of the WEC being evil for the sake of being evil
Old 27 Aug 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3448257)   #43
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AF Course and the DBR9 strakka simply killed me!
Old 27 Aug 2014, 18:11 (Ref:3448259)   #44
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
It's probably more a matter of historic race car owners not being willing to pay for overseas traveling. If you look at the Historic Group C schedule, the races are all in mainland Europe, they don't travel intercontinentally.

As well as CER goes, they have gone to appear only at classic car events now, there's not a single regular race event they're part of this year.

But I guess this may just be another case of the WEC being evil for the sake of being evil
I did put emphasis on wordLMS didn't I It used to run on every LMS weekend as support act. And with ILMC having been LMS integrated obviously it meant European-only events. As for WEC I'm not even sure, maybe in 2012, but it's not like there were races to choose anyway.

Fair enough on CER front but who knows if they'd still be around if someone asked them along.

I'm not the first one to mention this by the way, Hindy talked about the lack of CER / historical series equivalent in the context of LMS a while back.

And yes I'm sure my texts are tiring for you so that every single time you reply to me you feel the need to write down that same thing all over again, whether or not what I say has some basis or arguments. In this case maybe not but you know. There's ignore button in the forum settings here if you feel the need to silence me.
Old 27 Aug 2014, 20:08 (Ref:3448287)   #45
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
AF COURSE was just hilarious.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 01:54 (Ref:3448365)   #46
TF110
Veteran

United States
Can anyone familiar with the area recommend a good hotel thats somewhat close and wont break my wallet? If this isnt the right thread, apologies.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 04:33 (Ref:3448387)   #47
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Can anyone familiar with the area recommend a good hotel thats somewhat close and wont break my wallet? If this isnt the right thread, apologies.
The closest hotels are by the airport, several miles away or near downtown Austin 12-15 miles away. Check Kayak and just filter out the low rated ones. There's plenty to choose from in the $75-$100 range that are of similar quality. The chain hotels along I-35 are in safe areas, just look for ones with good or excellent ratings on kayak. I'm staying at Days Inn Austin Crossroads a little farther up the road, but when I booked in May it was only $50 a night.

For the F1 race all the Austin hotels were outrageously priced so I stayed 50 miles down the road in New Braunfels to get a good rate. Fortunately that's not a problem for the WEC weekend.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 05:32 (Ref:3448392)   #48
TF110
Veteran

United States
Ill have to keep it low since I currently dont drive. That means cab/bus fare, plus meals etc. I dont wanna be too far away from everything but I have no issue walking, Im in good health so walking through town isnt issue. Ill check out Kayak. Thanks for the tips.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 03:08 (Ref:3448723)   #49
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the TUSC race is Oak running the Ligier Honda AND the Morgan Nissan? Or just the Ligier only?
Old 29 Aug 2014, 13:30 (Ref:3448850)   #50
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Ligier only I believe. Not sure either if we're gonna see a second OAK at the Petit (another Ligier or the Morgan) as well.