Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Who's going?
Going 8 36.36%
Not sure 1 4.55%
Not going 13 59.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Sep 2014, 18:19 (Ref:3451300)   #76
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post
I'm pretty sure I've never seen you say anything positive (About WEC/Maybe I don't look hard enough though)?? Anyway you can refer to an older post of mine to see how I feel about your repeated complaints.
I've not complained about it for some time now, it's YOU who brought it up (again) for some reason.

Just because I don't praise it constantly don't mean I don't like certain aspects of it, even if they are buried. I'm not living in the fantasy land of unicorns (unfortunately) so I rather reflect on things I'd like to change. But most of all I wouldn't be this harsh if the series wasn't preceded by amazing ILMC.

Anyway as I said to Acid09, just go to forum options and find the ignore section if you can't stand me, makes it easier.

Last edited by Deleted; 8 Sep 2014 at 18:27.
Old 8 Sep 2014, 22:21 (Ref:3451349)   #77
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
nm
Old 8 Sep 2014, 23:27 (Ref:3451359)   #78
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Im looking forward to this. I bet lap times in lmp1 will be about a second faster with all the hybrid power available.
Old 9 Sep 2014, 00:36 (Ref:3451371)   #79
Jack Spratt
Rookie

Jack Spratt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Im looking forward to this. I bet lap times in lmp1 will be about a second faster with all the hybrid power available.
I'm very keen to see how the TUSC P2's stack up against the WEC P2's...

Not lap times but speed traps.
Old 9 Sep 2014, 00:57 (Ref:3451373)   #80
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
All the hybrid systems have been tested by the early season and then Le Mans. It will be interesting to see if there are any noticeable changes in performance.

I start attempting to think which team has the advantage and I don't think any of them do. Three different approaches by Audi, Toyota and Porsche and it's a toss-up right now as which team has the lead.

Yes, it is going to be very interesting. Usually, the interest drops off after Le Mans, this year it seems to be heating up.
Old 9 Sep 2014, 08:50 (Ref:3451426)   #81
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Im talking more about the available hybrid mj/lap vs. last year. Last year there was only 4 zones of .5mj, so 2mj/lap. This year it will be 3.76mj/lap (for Toyota and Porsche).
Old 9 Sep 2014, 12:29 (Ref:3451482)   #82
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Spratt View Post
I'm very keen to see how the TUSC P2's stack up against the WEC P2's...

Not lap times but speed traps.
Weather pending. Last year we could not do that because rain wiped out ALMS qualifying.
Old 10 Sep 2014, 23:30 (Ref:3452004)   #83
stampchez
Rookie

stampchez should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spotted a couple of new Porsche Motorsport billboards around town this morning.

Very excited for next weekend!
Old 11 Sep 2014, 05:39 (Ref:3452062)   #84
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Much to my chagrin, the race will take place in the middle of the night for me. I will only be able to follow FP1 and FP3. A real shame.
Old 11 Sep 2014, 23:50 (Ref:3452326)   #85
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
This is ofcourse gonna be a fantastic race. My personal prediction is that it´ll be a Porsche-Toyota race with Audi playing a quite obvious third fiddle.

GT's will be as good to watch. The only other race of the WEC season, besides Le Mans, where we'll see the factory Vette's against the Porsche factory team.

I can't wait !
Old 12 Sep 2014, 14:40 (Ref:3452592)   #86
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
This is ofcourse gonna be a fantastic race. My personal prediction is that it´ll be a Porsche-Toyota race with Audi playing a quite obvious third fiddle.

GT's will be as good to watch. The only other race of the WEC season, besides Le Mans, where we'll see the factory Vette's against the Porsche factory team.

I can't wait !
TUSC had factory Corvettes and Porsche all year but it seems like only Daytona offered a real chance for them to battle it out with out BoP screwing up the playing field.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 15:01 (Ref:3452600)   #87
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post

I can't wait !
The EOT didn't change a lot, so I'd expect toyotas faster than anyone else (surely #8 again faster than #7 being nakajima out) with audi's fighting each other for the third place. Maybe the updated bodywork will improve 919 performaces but I guess that only the #14 will be able to run against audi's. At spa 919 #14 was able to finish the race with only 6 refuels, but you know, car suffered issues during the race.
About GT my bet is again #51 af corse! 991 RSR don't know how much can fit COTA track and most of all the first sector.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 16:04 (Ref:3452623)   #88
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Great to see Toyota participating in Lone Star style (and colors too!)

Old 13 Sep 2014, 00:12 (Ref:3452744)   #89
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
As for Audi vs everyone else, some do seem to be forgetting that the #2 Audi at Silverstone came from a long way back to lead fairly early and set the race's fastest lap before the rain came.

And at LM, again they set the race's fastest lap, had the fastest long-runs, and were easier on their tires that Toyota and Porsche. Also, before the #7 glitched out, the #2 Audi was slowly but steadily gaining on it.

Add in the fact that Audi tested at COTA (granted, that was about 6 months ago) and that their high downforce stuff seems to be well suited there, Audi should be equal to Toyota on pace.

The big question will be Porsche. I know that they made some changes to the 919, but they don't seem significant to me at all, certainly not like what Audi and Toyota have done as far as LM vs sprint aero. That seems to point to maybe trying to get though 2014 with the current car while trying to develop the 2015 machine which will hopefully be superior to the current car across the board.
Old 13 Sep 2014, 01:17 (Ref:3452760)   #90
TF110
Veteran

United States
They went for shorter stints so thats why theyre tires were not as stressed. Theyre fastest lap at Silverstone was only .2 better than Toyota's. And the fastest stint at LM was against the slower Porsches and damaged #8 Toyota. Theyre not the favorites in any way. I think its a toss-up between Toyota and maybe Porsche with their stint advantage and extra hybrid power- 1.25mj/lap Audi vs. 3.76mj/lap Toyota & Porsche.
Old 13 Sep 2014, 02:13 (Ref:3452769)   #91
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
LM and Silverstone proved that hybrid power isn't everything as far as being fast.

Only issue is that Audi will be faster than Toyota and def. Porsche in the corners--which is the hardest place to pull off a pass. Toyota and for sure Porsche will be faster down the straights, which COTA has a couple of long-ish straights, though it does seem also to be a big handling/grip track.

My big question is still Porsche. We know what Audi and Toyota can do with their high downforce packages at Silverstone (Audi and Toyota) and Spa (Audi). Porsche's HD package seems to be little different than their LM package--only a tweaked nose, raised wing and larger dive planes, unlike the drastically different packages that Audi and Toyota have for the sprint events. And it remains to be seen what a difference it will make.
Old 13 Sep 2014, 05:57 (Ref:3452813)   #92
TF110
Veteran

United States
Silverstone was the first race of the year. Audi ran the most wing, thats why their top speed was way down. Being faster in the corners is a given when youre running higher wing. But it didnt serve them any good as it was Toyota who had the fastest stints.

LM showed what? They had good late race pace against competition that had car issues? Its clear that more hybrid power is hugely beneficial. Saying it isn't is wrong. We'll see in a week.

Last edited by TF110; 13 Sep 2014 at 06:09.
Old 13 Sep 2014, 08:17 (Ref:3452839)   #93
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
to me LM shown that toyota was the best car! the three audi were able to figth against #7 only in the beginning, some hour after the start #7 was simply uncatchable for the others. Shame on Lapierre that in firts minutes went on gravel and then crashed, obliterating audi #3... Without reliability issues and Lapierre mistakes, no doubts that toyota would finish first and second.
Old 13 Sep 2014, 09:10 (Ref:3452854)   #94
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Erm, the #12 Rebellion is going to be an interesting garage to be in next weekend!
Old 13 Sep 2014, 09:18 (Ref:3452858)   #95
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Erm, the #12 Rebellion is going to be an interesting garage to be in next weekend!
I suspect Bart is going to reshuffle the driver order so that there is no driver change involving both Heidfeld and Prost.
Old 13 Sep 2014, 09:52 (Ref:3452869)   #96
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Aren't we forgetting this article about Audi vs Toyota at Le Mans:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2014/0...-the-time.html

And Audi did get a BOP boost after LM, too. And it won't be like Spa where Toyota and Porsche will run their full LM body kits, and there's no long straights for them to take full advantage of that.
Old 13 Sep 2014, 11:59 (Ref:3452892)   #97
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still pessimistic about Audi. I'd like them to win but realistically no way. The advantage petrol class has is still too big. Diesel 2MJ needs another EoT break to even the field. The long tail package has some interesting aero gimmicks, but the sprint package? Not so much confidence in that
Old 13 Sep 2014, 16:05 (Ref:3452936)   #98
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I can't tell you how excited I am for this race! Looks like it might be a classic!
Old 14 Sep 2014, 01:50 (Ref:3453065)   #99
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Audi advert for COTA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPjK1FkLl-8
Old 14 Sep 2014, 08:54 (Ref:3453155)   #100
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Aren't we forgetting this article about Audi vs Toyota at Le Mans:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2014/0...-the-time.html

And Audi did get a BOP boost after LM, too. And it won't be like Spa where Toyota and Porsche will run their full LM body kits, and there's no long straights for them to take full advantage of that.
Problem with that article is the assumption the #8's pace would reflect the #7's had it stayed in the race. Its a wrong assumption because the #8 had damage to the car that compromised its handling. The first time it went back out it wasn't 'fully healed'. The drivers echoed this after the race. Even when it went back in again, it still wasn't where it was before the crash. The team said there was balance issues with it, thats why its pace was not close to the start.