Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 20 Feb 2007, 23:12 (Ref:1846832)   #26
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
hmm, one thing I noticed when I put the two cars side by side for the eBay photo... the car I am selling actually had a larger number 3 on the right hand side of the 'bonnet' next to the Rothmans logos, yet the one I am keeping did not! I have spent the last hour looking for a photo of the car as it finished Le Mans (believe it or not 1983 is one of the only Le Mans annuals I am missing, typical!) but with no luck.

Can anyone confirm which is the accurate model? And, if it is supposed to have the 3, can anyone suggest where I might be able to get an accurate decal to apply to the car?
Attached Thumbnails
396977008_cb54cc69fa_b.jpg  

Last edited by Craig; 20 Feb 2007 at 23:19.
Old 22 Feb 2007, 09:29 (Ref:1847881)   #27
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
hmm, one thing I noticed when I put the two cars side by side for the eBay photo... the car I am selling actually had a larger number 3 on the right hand side of the 'bonnet' next to the Rothmans logos, yet the one I am keeping did not! I have spent the last hour looking for a photo of the car as it finished Le Mans (believe it or not 1983 is one of the only Le Mans annuals I am missing, typical!) but with no luck.

Can anyone confirm which is the accurate model? And, if it is supposed to have the 3, can anyone suggest where I might be able to get an accurate decal to apply to the car?
why dont you kee the one with the number 3? then if it is wrong, take off the number 3. win win situation for you
Old 22 Feb 2007, 17:18 (Ref:1848225)   #28
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Because that one is missing the Porsche badge In any case, I have listed it on eBay (with a photo) and it now has a bid so can't change it now.

Edit:

Have now found a photo of the car, quite clearly showing the '3' Bugger.

Last edited by Craig; 25 Feb 2007 at 15:13.
Old 25 Feb 2007, 14:42 (Ref:1851057)   #29
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
And now the person I bought the replacement decals off has filed a 'unpaid item' report with eBay! WTF?! I paid by Paypal immediately I bought the item (it was buy it now)
Old 4 Mar 2007, 12:29 (Ref:1857883)   #30
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Right, the car has sold on eBay for a pitiful 80 quid! I've actually got to send it to Tokyo Anyway, it's better than it sitting in its box in my spare room, I guess, it's all money.