Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Feb 2010, 08:49 (Ref:2626210)   #26
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
We can all hope that the venture is a success, but experience tells me otherwise and the car market is rather full of "Premium Brands" that were not that long ago ordinary brands. they will not all survive and I can not see anyone providing the levels of cash required to move SAAB up to the reasearch and development spending that the likes of BMW,Jaguar, Audi and Lexus are spending and therefore SAAB and Volvo will both slip down the pecking order of large/medium volume car manufactures until they either vanish or become just a badge on a far eastern model. It is sad but that far more likely than the chance of a recovery in the car market allowing them to sell large numbers of under developed cars at a profit.
Remember that GM are retaining a chunk and therefore I presume there is a deal that they can use the GM parts bins and maybe some of their vehicle platforms, engines etc. I also read that some of the cars will be made in GM's factories.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 12:39 (Ref:2627217)   #27
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GM doesn't "retaining a chunk", they have some prefered stocks in the new company, but that is more some kind of loan. GM doesn't have any voting rights in Saab (or Spyker).