Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 13 Mar 2010, 19:55 (Ref:2651218)   #1
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Le Mans Series - Hungaroring

To save myself some typing, I'll quote myself from another forum where I asked this and got no reply...

Quote:
I'm planning to go to the Hungaroring 1000km race of the LMS on Aug 21st-22nd. Now, I've been to the Grand Prix there in 2007, so I know pretty much what to expect and became somewhat familiar with the area of the circuit; accomodation and transport will be sorted out once the funds are raised and the ticket prices are published.

I'd like to know what is included generally in a ticket to a LMS event, and hear about your experiences at LMS events as well in order to see if it is worth to go ahead with this trip. I'm a bit apprehensive about this, since I've never attended an endurance race before, so I'm trying to find out about the whole deal in order to make my decision (and if I choose to go, I'll be trying to drag a couple of my mates along with me there).

Anyone able to help?
Since there's a much bigger sportscar community here, I figured I'd probably get answers here, and good answers at that.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 15:13 (Ref:2652723)   #2
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
First thing? Go the series' website.
www.lemans-series.com
There you can check the entries, and a provisional support race list. They only have Radicals as yet? I suspect you will see more, they just aren't booked yet?

Second thing? JUST DO IT. If only once. Just for the noise. F1 is a poor substitute for Motor RACING.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 16:34 (Ref:2652771)   #3
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I've gone to the LMS website, and have sent an e-mail enquiring about the ticket prices to the organisers (hungaroring.hu). The main thing I want to know is what exactly is included in the price of tickets which give some access to the paddock, because if those go on sale, I'll be trying to get my hands on that kind of ticket (and I see that even that ticket is generally (at other rounds) about 3 times cheaper than what I paid for my F1 ticket there).

And yes, I really do want to go, if only to hear that gorgeous Aston Martin V12... (if Signature-Plus do come)

My only worry would be the fact that this is a race that finishes in the night, and I'm not so sure about means of transport back into Budapest.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 00:57 (Ref:2653883)   #4
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Take this enquiry over to the Sports Car section? We have some on there from Romania, who may have more local knowledge than I have, for sure!

Good luck. I must admit, it's a tempting thought...