Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 10 Aug 2017, 16:43 (Ref:3758646)   #1
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
On a humorous note...

Not long ago, I had posted a request to have an eclusive thread for Formula E.

I was answered that Formula E gets 12 000 views, while Formula 2 gets 20 000. When Formula E will become more interesting and will have more views, maybe there will be a Formula E exclusive thread.

With this same logic we could say that a thread which discusses Kim Kardashian's a$$ would get million of views, while a thread discussing Einstein's theory of relativity would not get as many. Should we conclude that Kim is more interesting than Albert? Is quantity a metric for interesting?

Old 10 Aug 2017, 17:49 (Ref:3758656)   #2
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karimbo View Post

I was answered that Formula E gets 12 000 views, while Formula 2 gets 20 000. When Formula E will become more interesting and will have more views, maybe there will be a Formula E exclusive thread.

With this same logic we could say that a thread which discusses Kim Kardashian's a$$ would get million of views, while a thread discussing Einstein's theory of relativity would not get as many. Should we conclude that Kim is more interesting than Albert? Is quantity a metric for interesting?

??
Old 10 Aug 2017, 18:28 (Ref:3758664)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In this case the word interesting refers more to there being interest in the thread, i.e. demand in the thread, rather than its interest or importance to the Universe or an individual.

To add some humour to this thread: We are considering adding a Should there be a Formula E forum forum as there seems to be more interest in threads about whether there should be a Formula E forum than the Formula E threads themselves.

Of course before that we need to make the should there be more sportscar forums forum first. There is potential benefits there so we are comdisering it. Seriously, if the traffic in the Formula E threads increases enough there will be a case for the forum. At the moment splitting it off is only likely to descrease the visibility of the threads and reduce the traffic.
Old 10 Aug 2017, 19:27 (Ref:3758671)   #4
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

If you were on a celebrity forum, then yes to those people you could conclude that Kim is more interesting than Albert. Whilst she does not float my boat, everybody is different and in many cases she would be the prefer topic of choice.

Albert would be more interesting to me, but I also don't suggest we should have lots of topics discussing his theories here, because this isn't the place for them. I'm also a fan of Mr Musk (and I'm sure you are too!), but he isn't going to get his own forum here either.

Quote:
Is quantity a metric for interesting?
Maybe not, but it is a metric for popularity. And forums do not thrive (or even survive) if they are not discussing popular topics. If Formula E traffic improves then I'm sure the staff will consider a forum for it. In the 9 post thread for the last season of Formula E, you only made one post (and it was asking why it didn't have its own forum). If you were more concerned with talking about Formula E rather than trying to get it its own forum, maybe it would increase in traffic.

You will find few people on this forum who will beat the Tesla drum louder than me. But that doesn't mean something gets its own forum just because I like it.

OI ADAM! Listen up. I want an Electric GT forum. The topic has almost 3,000 views. That's more than Kims ass. Forum plz.
Old 11 Aug 2017, 15:50 (Ref:3758840)   #5
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
we could say that a thread which discusses Kim Kardashian's a$$ would get million of views, while a thread discussing Einstein's theory of relativity would not get as many. Should we conclude that Kim is more interesting than Albert? Is quantity a metric for interesting?

There's even crazier stuff.

Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Notability

If a topic has received significant coverage in reliable sources that are independent of the subject, it is presumed to be suitable for a stand-alone article.
Now you wonder what does significant, reliable and independent mean.

Is Santi Urrutia's media coverage significant? Is Fox News reliable? Is Racer independent?

Well, that's certainly debatable.
Old 11 Aug 2017, 17:41 (Ref:3758861)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
With this same logic we could say that a thread which discusses Kim Kardashian's a$$ would get million of views, while a thread discussing Einstein's theory of relativity would not get as many.
They're not as unrelated as you suggest, in that I'm fairly sure said appendage has its own gravitational field. Not to mention the theory of relativity, in that lots of worthless satellites have become famous just because they're her relatives.
Old 11 Aug 2017, 18:42 (Ref:3758884)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I guess us section hosts will mull ot over with the other mods and take a view.

Thing is, we don't generally separate single series out of their respective category sections.

F1 is F1, but the other major series are all under their category headings regardless of popularity, like WEC, BTCC, WRC etc etc
Old 12 Aug 2017, 23:23 (Ref:3759058)   #8
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Formula E is getting bigger by day and I see many people upset. Formula E is definitely no wheeler dealer...
Old 14 Aug 2017, 14:15 (Ref:3759345)   #9
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On a more serious note for this humorous thread, there is a 'sub-forum' for A1GP, which is now long dead, so why not at least a sub-forum for the world's biggest electric racing series? #JustAsking
Old 14 Aug 2017, 14:21 (Ref:3759350)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was prematurely created and there was not enough traffic. Although there was much more traffic at that point for A1GP than we have seen for Formula E so far. in the end the series died.

It is that kind of action before that helps gauge the effectiveness of a new sub-forum.

Formula E might grow enough, but there is no need at this moment.
Old 14 Aug 2017, 17:35 (Ref:3759378)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

Formula E might grow enough, but there is no need at this moment.
On the other hand, someone might just pull the plug.....

(I'll get me coat....... )
Old 14 Aug 2017, 19:27 (Ref:3759402)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
At last, some humour in this thread.
Old 14 Aug 2017, 20:01 (Ref:3759410)   #13
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
On the other hand, someone might just pull the plug.....

(I'll get me coat....... )
You can't just charge in here and make accusations like that!
Old 14 Aug 2017, 20:25 (Ref:3759414)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
You can't just charge in here and make accusations like that!

Oh yes I can - its pantomime season soon (well, in a few months time.....).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 15 Aug 2017, 11:39 (Ref:3759504)   #15
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Oh yes I can - its pantomime season soon (well, in a few months time.....).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh no it isn't...
Old 15 Aug 2017, 12:47 (Ref:3759516)   #16
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Not wishing to be negative but I'd prefer the humour to be more earthy...
Old 15 Aug 2017, 12:50 (Ref:3759521)   #17
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's sparky enough though

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 15 Aug 2017, 17:16 (Ref:3759571)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I like the way this thread is going. It has quite an electric buzz about it......
Old 15 Aug 2017, 17:32 (Ref:3759575)   #19
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Watts on earth are you talking about?
Old 15 Aug 2017, 18:17 (Ref:3759582)   #20
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
I like the way this thread is going. It has quite an electric buzz about it......
It feels pretty static to me.
Old 15 Aug 2017, 18:40 (Ref:3759591)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Certainly it is an e-motive subject.
Old 15 Aug 2017, 19:36 (Ref:3759598)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think it's becoming re-volt-ing, actually.......
Old 15 Aug 2017, 19:51 (Ref:3759607)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
A sub-forum dedicated to puns might get a bit of traffic.
Old 15 Aug 2017, 20:10 (Ref:3759618)   #24
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
You'd need to jump start that idea.
Old 15 Aug 2017, 20:12 (Ref:3759619)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It might spark something revolutionary?