Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 9 Mar 2008, 15:13 (Ref:2147554)   #1
Atomic UK
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wherever I Lay My Hat
Atomic UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LG Motorsports Corvette Livery

Love the new livery on the LG Motorsports GT2 Corvette, the car looks simply stunning.

Old 9 Mar 2008, 16:49 (Ref:2147583)   #2
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Let's hope it is as fast as it looks!!

DK
Old 9 Mar 2008, 17:19 (Ref:2147594)   #3
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One word... eewww!...

Those flame-like effects on cars - just horrible!
Old 9 Mar 2008, 17:33 (Ref:2147605)   #4
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I think it looks pretty cool and plays to the crowd.
Old 9 Mar 2008, 18:01 (Ref:2147625)   #5
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it lools good also. Maybe should have done the headlight buckets in yellow to continue the flame pattern though.

L.P.
Old 9 Mar 2008, 18:07 (Ref:2147630)   #6
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks great.
Old 9 Mar 2008, 18:13 (Ref:2147632)   #7
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
One word... eewww!...

I concur. 100% chav. Seen better looking stuff in Max Power...
Old 9 Mar 2008, 19:03 (Ref:2147667)   #8
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
fish88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't like the flames... The car itself looks good though.
Old 9 Mar 2008, 19:53 (Ref:2147693)   #9
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Cat
I concur. 100% chav. Seen better looking stuff in Max Power...
There's a bit of a difference on a proper car like the Corvette with flames, and a Saxo with flames.
Old 9 Mar 2008, 20:23 (Ref:2147716)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that's a Lou paint job if i've ever seen one.
that's ba-eed, man!
Old 9 Mar 2008, 20:25 (Ref:2147719)   #11
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with bob and splendid cat.

leave the crap flame effects to hicks and drag strips.
Old 9 Mar 2008, 21:34 (Ref:2147778)   #12
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's badass.
Old 9 Mar 2008, 21:47 (Ref:2147791)   #13
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Hmmmm, this looks divided by the Atlantic, all the Yanks like it, all the foreigners have no taste

robert (who owns a pair of cycling socks with flames )
Old 9 Mar 2008, 21:53 (Ref:2147797)   #14
Atomic UK
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wherever I Lay My Hat
Atomic UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe
Hmmmm, this looks divided by the Atlantic, all the Yanks like it, all the foreigners have no taste
I'm a Brit (although not always proud to be!) and while not normally a fan of
flames, as I said at the start, this looks stunning.

So at this point, I'll wave one of these.
Old 9 Mar 2008, 22:20 (Ref:2147819)   #15
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
oooooooo, sorry, the ocean is less wide then I thought
Old 9 Mar 2008, 22:27 (Ref:2147827)   #16
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think the flame paintjob is rather unoriginal and bland to be honest. Flames on the hood of an American sports car. Whodathunkit?!

I find the shape intriguing though. Looks quite a bit different from the P&M GT1 C6R, but Riley are a very competent shop, so I wonder what drove their design choices.
Old 9 Mar 2008, 23:26 (Ref:2147868)   #17
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satorian
I think the flame paintjob is rather unoriginal and bland to be honest. Flames on the hood of an American sports car. Whodathunkit?!

I find the shape intriguing though. Looks quite a bit different from the P&M GT1 C6R, but Riley are a very competent shop, so I wonder what drove their design choices.
It's the exact same paint scheme as their Speed GT corvette! Boring, uninspired. Even the same sponsors.

I agree, the shape is a bit odd. Reminds me of a Trans-Am car from 2000. The front bumper looks a little NASCAR CoTish. The windshield looks huge compared to the rest of the car, and hopefully they'll do something about those awful wheels! Though I must concede, the headlights and hood area look much more tame, almost "cute" compared to the GT1 corvettes, which I think is a huge plus.
Old 9 Mar 2008, 23:40 (Ref:2147876)   #18
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unique for the ALMS though.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 00:12 (Ref:2147882)   #19
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOAH! I've noticed something amazing!

It has chrome many-spoked wheels that's unbel-

oh, hang on.

it isn't.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 00:50 (Ref:2147901)   #20
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that they are getting some sort of support from that wheel supplier.

http://www.forgeline.com/
Old 10 Mar 2008, 01:11 (Ref:2147910)   #21
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
love it or hate it....
regardless, it sounds FANTASTIC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6ZbH3UWRVU
Old 10 Mar 2008, 02:08 (Ref:2147930)   #22
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Except thats the Speed GT car with the GT2 spec tire package on it. the GT2 spec car has yet to hit the track, correct AU N EGL? (the Vette guy I gotta defer to for information)
Old 10 Mar 2008, 03:58 (Ref:2147969)   #23
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttlefish
It's the exact same paint scheme as their Speed GT corvette! Boring, uninspired. Even the same sponsors.

I agree, the shape is a bit odd. Reminds me of a Trans-Am car from 2000. The front bumper looks a little NASCAR CoTish. The windshield looks huge compared to the rest of the car, and hopefully they'll do something about those awful wheels! Though I must concede, the headlights and hood area look much more tame, almost "cute" compared to the GT1 corvettes, which I think is a huge plus.
I hoping he wouldn't muck up the SWC car livery, and he didn't. The positive of keeping the same scheme is that everyone knows that's Lou. If he can get a podium headers will be flying off the shelves.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 04:06 (Ref:2147977)   #24
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is certainly an LG Motorsports car. I think those who are familiar with Lou are a lot more inclined to react favourably to the car - it looks like his cars look. A little over the top, but that's Lou. And honestly, he is LG Long Tube Pro Headers...do you think there aren't going to be flames on it? Good on Lou for still being Lou.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 11:23 (Ref:2148210)   #25
Sportscarguy08
Racer

Sportscarguy08 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
One word... eewww!...

I have to agree with you mate, not very good. It reminds me of the Speed GT car. Lets hope this season is better than LG's last one in that other series.
Closed Thread