Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 23 Jan 2010, 19:30 (Ref:2618201)   #51
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some little birdie tells me we'll see racing in Holland, Belgium, Germany, France and possibly the UK.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 20:50 (Ref:2618246)   #52
BOSSman
Veteran

BOSSman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BOSS GP 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Some little birdie tells me we'll see racing in Holland, Belgium, Germany, France and possibly the UK.
Sounds not bad!
All race meetings are confirmed by the organisers, except the (possible) UK date!

Belgium
Spa
Zolder

France
Dijon

Germany
Hockenheim GP
Nurburgring GP

Netherlands
Zandvoort

More information next week...

Christian
BOSS GP
Old 23 Jan 2010, 22:27 (Ref:2618290)   #53
SLK55
Racer

England
SLK55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Christian. Is it not time to change your Sscreen name ? Doesn't really seem appropriate
Old 24 Jan 2010, 20:08 (Ref:2618756)   #54
black merc
Rookie

United Kingdom
manchester
black merc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK55 View Post
Christian. Is it not time to change your Sscreen name ? Doesn't really seem appropriate
Prehaps you should change it to Boss Man
Old 25 Jan 2010, 12:22 (Ref:2619067)   #55
BOSSman
Veteran

BOSS GP 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK55 View Post
Why? I will be always a EuroBOSS fan, particularly the good old days. I could see my old race videos from this time nearly every day, I love it so much! Understand your post and I have also already think about that, I will see what the moderator says!

Christian
BOSS GP
Old 25 Jan 2010, 16:27 (Ref:2619206)   #56
diddy100
Racer

England
Within ear shot of Snetterton !
diddy100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kitson View Post
If it will happen re: upgrade. Snett has serious noise issue probs. No noisy testing allowed there at all at present.
Andrew - looks like the infamous Coram bund is finally being built - moving soil from the new Sear bund - the delay in this has been causing the issues - lets see if things start moving now
Old 11 Feb 2010, 10:17 (Ref:2631281)   #57
Exploded
Rookie

Belgium
Antwerp
Exploded should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Preliminary calendar is looking good.

17/18 April Hockenheim Historic Hockenheim GP
22/23 May RMU Classic Spa-Francorchamps
05/06 June Masters of F3 Circuit Park Zandvoort
19/20 June ADAC Eifelrace Nürburgring
17/18 July Superleague Formula Zolder
September T.B.A.
02/03 October Tropheés Historiques de Bourgogne Dijon
Old 11 Feb 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2631617)   #58
Martin-GTS
Rookie

Germany
Martin-GTS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The prewiew is on net

http://www.bossgp.com/preview/
Old 11 Feb 2010, 21:51 (Ref:2631731)   #59
benjabulle
Racer

benjabulle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This calendar is a good news for european fans, I already booked the first two races and should go to Dijon also.

Remi Gurneyflap
Old 11 Feb 2010, 23:22 (Ref:2631815)   #60
BOSSman
Veteran

BOSS GP 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploded View Post
Preliminary calendar is looking good.

17/18 April Hockenheim Historic GP Hockenheim F1
(+ FIA Historic F1, FIA Lurani Trophy, HSCC Historic F2, Orwell Supersports Cup, etc.)

22/23 May RMU Classic Spa-Francorchamps
(+ FIA Historic F1, Historic GroupC, HSCC Historic F2, Orwell Supersports Cup, etc.)

05/06 June Masters of F3 Circuit Park Zandvoort
(+ Dutch Supercar Challenge, Formula BMW Europe, British Formula Ford Championship, etc.)

19/20 June ADAC Eifelrennen Nurburgring F1
(+ Historic GroupC, Orwell Supersports Cup, biggest DTM Revival ever, etc.)

17/18 July Superleague Formula Zolder
(+ Dutch Supercar Challenge, Dutch Youngtimer Cup, etc.)

August or September T.B.A.

02/03 October Tropheés Historiques de Bourgogne Dijon
(+ FIA Historic F1, HSCC Historic F2, Orwell Supersports Cup, etc.)

@ 'Exploded', I have updated your calendar, I hope you can forgive me, thx...
Yes, these are the six 100% confirmed BOSS GP 2010 race dates (plus the tba date).
I think this is one of the best calendar in BOSS racing history. For some of these race meetings we have tried for years to participate there with EB, but there was no way for different reasons. Therefore I am now really happy that the organisers give us their confidence so that we can race there with BOSS GP already in our very first season.
The planned 7th race meeting (August or September) is unfortunately still in negotiation and we will announce the date later this month.
We were very close to support the 'International GT Open' meeting at Brands Hatch GP in September, but at the beginning of this week the meeting had to be re-classed from a 'noisy' weekend to a 'quiet' weekend after (the normal) problems with the local residents. So we have to start the search again, possibly we go back to one of the six circuits which we already have in the calendar or the UK will welcome the BOSS GP cars after all... *fingers crossed*

Since Tuesday evening, February 9, 2010, 'B.O.S.S. GP' is officially registered (without any problems) as a Luxembourg race series!

The new 'BOSS GP Foundation' (with principal Henk de Boer) is officially registered since February 5, 2010, and has also begun their work.

The official BOSS GP website, www.bossgp.com, will be available from today for all interested.

More news later...

Christian
BOSS GP
Old 12 Feb 2010, 00:11 (Ref:2631840)   #61
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSSman View Post
We were very close to support the 'International GT Open' meeting at Brands Hatch GP in September, but at the beginning of this week the meeting had to be re-classed from a 'noisy' weekend to a 'quiet' weekend after (the normal) problems with the local residents. So we have to start the search again, possibly we go back to one of the six circuits which we already have in the calendar or the UK will welcome the BOSS GP cars after all... *fingers crossed*
Oh that's a shame, I'm going to that Auto GP/GT Open/European F3 Open meeting, would have been great to see some BOSS cars on the GP circuit! Aren't the Auto GP ex-A1GP Lola Zyteks pretty damn noisy too though??

The scum who complain about noise from a permanent circuit there since the 1950s would have no right to object in a just world. If you don't like the sound of racing cars don't move in next door to one of the most famous circuits in the country, for flip's sake...

The calendar looks great anyway. Hope to see the other round in the UK.

Still wish somehow EuroBOSS could have got its act together sooner regarding its problems and there didn't have to be a crazy split.
Old 12 Feb 2010, 13:08 (Ref:2632095)   #62
Exploded
Rookie

Belgium
Antwerp
Exploded should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you Christian for updating the calendar and adding more info.
I see you are racing together with FIA Historic F1 on FIA approved events, does that mean, the BossGP series is officially FIA approved now?
Old 12 Feb 2010, 16:56 (Ref:2632208)   #63
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
We were very close to support the 'International GT Open' meeting at Brands Hatch GP in September, but at the beginning of this week the meeting had to be re-classed from a 'noisy' weekend to a 'quiet' weekend after (the normal) problems with the local residents.
Looking like a good calender so far.
Why not try following the Superleague circus on to Brands hatch for the 1st of August?
Superleague, Group C & Boss would be a pretty awesome line up.

Any early indications on how big a grid you might expect each race (5-10, 10-15 or 15-20?)

Congrats on getting the site up & good luck.
Old 12 Feb 2010, 18:57 (Ref:2632313)   #64
BOSSman
Veteran

BOSS GP 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Looking like a good calender so far.
Why not try following the Superleague circus on to Brands hatch for the 1st of August?Superleague, Group C & Boss would be a pretty awesome line up.
We have a very good contact with Superleague, but the event was already filled with the MSVR own series (GT Cup, Lotus Cup/Trophy,...)

Quote:
Any early indications on how big a grid you might expect each race (5-10, 10-15 or 15-20?)
...I'm sure not less than 11 and probably not more than 31!

Quote:
Congrats on getting the site up & good luck.
Many thanks for your positive feedback and your wishes, we will give our best and will update the website as soon as we have more news.

Christian
BOSS GP
Old 12 Feb 2010, 19:12 (Ref:2632322)   #65
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not more than 31? slackers

Wish you can find a way to come over to England, but it doesn't look likely does it?

One other question/plea re the calender - if Euroboss does go ahead, will you please work together to avoid schedules clashing.
Old 13 Feb 2010, 11:13 (Ref:2632624)   #66
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still wish somehow EuroBOSS could have got its act together sooner regarding its problems and there didn't have to be a crazy split.

Agree John but the problems were vast and past retreivable.
Old 13 Feb 2010, 11:19 (Ref:2632625)   #67
BOSSman
Veteran

BOSS GP 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
Aren't the Auto GP ex-A1GP Lola Zyteks pretty damn noisy too though??
I've heard directly from the circuit that AutoGP can also not participate at this event for the same damn noise reasons as we!

Christian
BOSS GP
Old 13 Feb 2010, 11:45 (Ref:2632635)   #68
BOSSman
Veteran

BOSS GP 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post

Agree John but the problems were vast and past retreivable.
...and I know that the same problems why we separated from EB are still there, nothing is happen and the argumentation and handling with it is also still the same, so give me one reason why we should work together!?

End of story...

Christian
BOSS GP
Old 13 Feb 2010, 14:02 (Ref:2632680)   #69
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I've heard directly from the circuit that AutoGP can also not participate at this event for the same damn noise reasons as we!

Christian
BOSS GP
Thanks a lot for the info! Looks like I'll give that meeting a miss then. The UK already missed out last year when they cancelled the Superleague support races at Donington. This year is shaping up to be a much better series. Maybe they'll reschedule for another UK circuit. Every cloud has a silver lining - as this meeting clashed with WSbR, I guess now I can go to Silverstone after all

Anyway, I wish you all the best with the BOSS GP season. I've always respected the efforts you made to post news, reports and results of EuroBOSS over the last seasons. Not knowing the full story behind the problems, it sounds like a fresh start must have been the only option.
Old 13 Feb 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2632807)   #70
BOSSman
Veteran

BOSS GP 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
Anyway, I wish you all the best with the BOSS GP season. I've always respected the efforts you made to post news, reports and results of EuroBOSS over the last seasons. Not knowing the full story behind the problems, it sounds like a fresh start must have been the only option.
Jon, many thanks for your kind words (and also for your fantastic work with your F3000 history website)!
If you have time and interest, I would like to invite you with a guest ticket to a BOSS GP race this year.

Christian
BOSS GP
Old 14 Feb 2010, 23:43 (Ref:2633523)   #71
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Quote:
...and I know that the same problems why we separated from EB are still there, nothing is happen and the argumentation and handling with it is also still the same, so give me one reason why we should work together!?

End of story...

Christian
BOSS GP
I agree Christian it is a great shame the "issues" were there to start with that was the point I was making.
Old 19 Feb 2010, 00:07 (Ref:2635954)   #72
JayInAtlanta
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA, USA
JayInAtlanta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm excited that you've put this together so quickly, Christian (meaning you, Henk, and the rest). Looking forward to your typical great reports and event pictures and hopefully some video.

Wish I could make it over for some of the races, but the economy is certainly still a factor.

Best,

Jay
Old 19 Feb 2010, 22:04 (Ref:2636623)   #73
BOSSman
Veteran

BOSS GP 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInAtlanta View Post
I'm excited that you've put this together so quickly, Christian (meaning you, Henk, and the rest). Looking forward to your typical great reports and event pictures and hopefully some video.
Wish I could make it over for some of the races, but the economy is certainly still a factor.
Dear Jay, many thanks for your kind words, unfortunately you cannot come to see it live but I'm sure that at least one part of your family will be there. We will definitely do our best to bring it on a strong level, but already today I can say that the coverage of the series and the races will be much better than it was in the last EB years, because we could obligate a very professional and well-known web and press team for this job.

Christian
BOSS GP
Old 22 Feb 2010, 18:33 (Ref:2638461)   #74
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Christian
BOSS GP

Bugger! I was looking forward to that, and with BOSS GP not going to brands either, I enjoyed the sights and sounds of the BOSS cars on the Indy circuit last year, oh well!
Old 22 Feb 2010, 23:32 (Ref:2638684)   #75
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands hatch View Post
Bugger! I was looking forward to that, and with BOSS GP not going to brands either, I enjoyed the sights and sounds of the BOSS cars on the Indy circuit last year, oh well!
Yes they were pretty awesome last year even after 20+ years of watching/being involved with F1/F3000 around Brands nowhere else raises the hairs on the back of your neck quite like there............