Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Feb 2011, 07:59 (Ref:2830436)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[FV8SC11-R01] Fujitsu Series Adelaide 17-20 March

Depending which list you want to believe, or make up, or dream about there are some really good cars, teams and pilots headed Adelaide way for the Fujitsu Series...

If the rumoured FPR FG shows up for Mr Russell, it would be hard to toss.. if the rumoured PMM VE shows up for Mr Perkins, it would be its strongest competitor.

The sad thing about this class is that you dont seem to know who's who in the zoo until Friday practice

A winner? T.Douglas in the #51 GMR Commodore?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Feb 2011, 12:26 (Ref:2830529)   #2
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MattWhite M/Sport, could bring a few suprises, interesting to see a Irish boy in the mix. May be better than the main game. not to much politics and bad hair day team principals.
Old 14 Feb 2011, 08:42 (Ref:2830888)   #3
sebringimsa
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
sebringimsa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Freestone for the win in the ex FPR BF?
If it rolls, floats, flys or crashes, runs on gasoline or high explosives, shoots a big bullett, makes lots of noise, producing torque and recoil, THEN ITS COOL!! But if it's a ball made out of leather inflated with air hit with a bat, racquet or club, played on a course, green or court by yubbies or left-wingers it SUCKS!!
Old 14 Feb 2011, 10:07 (Ref:2830925)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebringimsa View Post
Mr Freestone for the win in the ex FPR BF?
If the prep is from the same group that did the B12 Corvette.. and its an FPR car... if it makes the grid a couple of times over the same weekend it will be cause for celebration!

Mr Freestone seems a quick steerer.. but a V8Supercar on bedrock Dunlops is nothing like a Porsche or Corvette on sticky Michelins...
Old 14 Feb 2011, 11:02 (Ref:2830955)   #5
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Depending which list you want to believe, or make up, or dream about there are some really good cars, teams and pilots headed Adelaide way for the Fujitsu Series...

If the rumoured FPR FG shows up for Mr Russell, it would be hard to toss.. if the rumoured PMM VE shows up for Mr Perkins, it would be its strongest competitor.

The sad thing about this class is that you dont seem to know who's who in the zoo until Friday practice :

got everything crossed this gets up.. the latest????
Old 18 Feb 2011, 02:52 (Ref:2833120)   #6
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The sad thing about this class is that you dont seem to know who's who in the zoo until Friday practice

Has Taz been confirmed at GMR. Last i heard was he was still running the VZ.
Old 4 Mar 2011, 22:03 (Ref:2840356)   #7
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Dasher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
Has Taz been confirmed at GMR. Last i heard was he was still running the VZ.
Taz will be running his Perkins VZ and will NOT be running with GMR.
Old 4 Mar 2011, 22:46 (Ref:2840379)   #8
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks to be a fast filling field. SBR two cars, T888 etc, could more enjoyable than the main game.
Old 6 Mar 2011, 10:56 (Ref:2840957)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Teams List Here

Not an entry list mind you, its not 5 seconds before P1 in Adelaide

A few names not heard of before...
Old 6 Mar 2011, 22:54 (Ref:2841197)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
PErkins to Sonic

Old 7 Mar 2011, 12:00 (Ref:2841438)   #11
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Teams List Here

Not an entry list mind you, its not 5 seconds before P1 in Adelaide

A few names not heard of before...
Is Zukanovic in a VE or the old VZ? At one stage, the ex PWR VE was on the shopping list, wasn't it?

And a Kelly Racing media piece today spruiking about their possible co-drivers has Taz Douglas in a VE but I assume that's wishful thinking. Unless the Kelly Boys let him loose in one of the many ex Perkins machines they have lying around. I count 7 VEs in their garage now...
Old 7 Mar 2011, 20:08 (Ref:2841722)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Josh McIntosh for GMR...
Old 7 Mar 2011, 20:09 (Ref:2841724)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete60 View Post
Is Zukanovic in a VE or the old VZ? At one stage, the ex PWR VE was on the shopping list, wasn't it?

And a Kelly Racing media piece today spruiking about their possible co-drivers has Taz Douglas in a VE but I assume that's wishful thinking. Unless the Kelly Boys let him loose in one of the many ex Perkins machines they have lying around. I count 7 VEs in their garage now...
Mr Zukanovic's car is the ex-PMM VE run by Mr Slade in the main game in 2009... rented from Mr Rosenberg...

Unless Kelly Racing gets its used car sales hat on quickly, they may be left with 7 (or maybe more...) chassis when the COTF takes off in 2013!
Old 8 Mar 2011, 22:33 (Ref:2842370)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Paul Freestone Tests new BF Article Here

Old 10 Mar 2011, 08:52 (Ref:2843223)   #15
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Taz Douglas has got a few sponsors on his commodore:

I know he was running a VZ last year and the article says he's still running a VZ which begs the question why did they put his design on a VE? I would have thought designers would have kept old VZ models for situations like this?

Ah well, the design actually looks pretty nice, shame it'll only be on there for Clipsal

Speedcafe Article
Old 10 Mar 2011, 22:52 (Ref:2843652)   #16
Murgatroid
Rookie

Murgatroid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FUJITSU 2010 .... watch this lad.

Tom Tweedie (Team Tom) whist testing last Monday at Winton in MWM'sport BF Falcon consistantly ran 1m26's/7's on old rubber and did a couple of late 1m24's on new boots.

W.Davison took FTD according to most on a 1m23.8 and most incl main game cars were struggling to do 27's on old boots ...

With a few meetings under his belt this new boy who nearly won F3 Gold Star last year in an 8 year old superseeded car will be amongst it so watch out for him in 2010.

MURGATROID

PS. Tweedie was faster than both Jayco teammates I am reliably informed also.
Old 11 Mar 2011, 05:11 (Ref:2843744)   #17
Murgatroid
Rookie

Murgatroid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WATCH THIS BLOKE

TOM TWEEDIE (Team Tom) ex F3 and FF in MWM BF Falcon tested at Winton last Monday best time 1m24.8.
Old 11 Mar 2011, 07:39 (Ref:2843774)   #18
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murgatroid View Post
Tom Tweedie (Team Tom) whist testing last Monday at Winton in MWM'sport BF Falcon consistantly ran 1m26's/7's on old rubber and did a couple of late 1m24's on new boots.

W.Davison took FTD according to most on a 1m23.8 and most incl main game cars were struggling to do 27's on old boots ...

With a few meetings under his belt this new boy who nearly won F3 Gold Star last year in an 8 year old superseeded car will be amongst it so watch out for him in 2010.

MURGATROID

PS. Tweedie was faster than both Jayco teammates I am reliably informed also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murgatroid View Post
TOM TWEEDIE (Team Tom) ex F3 and FF in MWM BF Falcon tested at Winton last Monday best time 1m24.8.
Gee Bob, that's twice you've plugged him. Well he's your son, i suppose you should.
Old 15 Mar 2011, 07:48 (Ref:2845968)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
4th GMR Car Filled
Old 16 Mar 2011, 02:22 (Ref:2846587)   #20
B!tchie Renault
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
B!tchie Renault should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry List for Fujitsu Rd 1 here.
Old 16 Mar 2011, 12:11 (Ref:2846748)   #21
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which GMR driver is a DNS, in order for Jason Richards to test the waters.

And does Jay Motorsport have a VE? They have the ex team Dynamik car for sale but I assume they still have the ex HRT VZ?
Old 16 Mar 2011, 22:03 (Ref:2847136)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete60 View Post
Which GMR driver is a DNS, in order for Jason Richards to test the waters.

And does Jay Motorsport have a VE? They have the ex team Dynamik car for sale but I assume they still have the ex HRT VZ?
Mr McIntosh isnt running at Adelaide apparently... while WP are apparently rebuilding a VE for Jay Motorsport to use as of Perth..
Old 17 Mar 2011, 00:31 (Ref:2847208)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
P1

Not really a surprise on top...

Position 18 might suggest that a Tasman/GMR car is a little way off a BJR-mobile...
Old 17 Mar 2011, 00:47 (Ref:2847215)   #24
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
P1

Not really a surprise on top...

Position 18 might suggest that a Tasman/GMR car is a little way off a BJR-mobile...
He didn't do very many laps though, maybe it's more a reflection that his health isn't quite up to it yet? I hope thats not the case, but I bet JR is dissapointed with p18

Looks like most of the 'co-drivers' for the enduros have set pretty competitive times, with most/all of the top 6 predicted to have enduro drives
Old 17 Mar 2011, 03:41 (Ref:2847249)   #25
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
And now his slow pace has been explained: Speedcafe Article

Also good to hear the he will be running in the FV8's for the rest of the weekend!

Quote:
Jason Richards says he’s looking forward to a busy weekend racing both a Ferrari GT and a Holden V8 Supercar after practicing in both classes this morning.

The sidlelined Team BOC V8 Supercars Championship driver has confirmed that he will run the whole meeting in the Greg Murphy Racing Fujitsu Series Commodore, having stated prior to today that he would “see how practice went” before making a commitment.

Richards drove both the Ferrari and the Holden in the first practice sessions this morning, clocking the fourth fastest time in the Marenello Motorsport Ferrari 430 GT3, before jumping aboard GMR’s fourth Fujitsu Series entry.

While brake and clutch issues hampered Richards’s running in the GMR VE, the Kiwi says that applying maximum brake pressure was his only physical concern.

“Physically I’m going ok, we just need to soften off the brake pedal in the Fujitsu Series car,” Richards told Speedcafe.com.

“The brakes are harder than what I’ve ever used before – I think it’s what (Greg) Murphy used to use when he drove the cars.

“Given that I haven’t been training at all, I just don’t have the leg strength, and I don’t have any feel. So we need to sort that to get the feel back.”

Richards ended the session 18th fastest due to the mechanical issues, and also endured a minor incident.

“That was a bit of a welcome to the Development Series I think,” joked Richards.

“I had a bloke run wide and come straight back on in front of me, and unfortunately I couldn’t pull it up, so I nugded him and he spun.

“It’s actually giving me a good perspective on young drivers, jumping into teams for the first time, not really being used to how things are progressing, or the set-up of the cars – you just get lobbed in their and away you go.

“For me really it’s about self confidence, and I just need a bit of time to get it going.”

With the Fujitsu Series and Australian GT paddocks a signicant distance apart, Richards says he’s in for a busy, yet enjoyable, weekend.

“It’s good fun, I’ve had a lot of support from punters in the back of the garage,” he said.

“The only problem is I haven’t really had a chance to stop and chat with people, because I’m walking around flat-out jumping between cars.

“The cars are based so far apart and I’m not really doing the Devlopment Series justice, to be honest.

“The Ferrari is my main focus because I agreed to that first and I’m here to do a job.

“I”m doing the best job I can in the Development Series, to test the waters and just see how I”m going.

“But it’s such a competitive field, coming in, cutting some laps, talking to the boys for 10 minutes afterwards isn’t really doing it justice.

“But the team new that before the gig, so hopefully we can just work away at it and find some more speed for the race.

“It’s really about being positive, because with cancer, it puts you in a negative space. Obviously you don’t want to have this growing in your body.

“But when you turn up to a race track, this is normal, this is home – the positive energy you get from everybody really lifts you up.”
so once the few mechanical issues have been worked out hopefully we will see him a fair way above P18