Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 30 Sep 2014, 15:38 (Ref:3458920)   #51
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not that everyone hasn't been looking.....
Weather update.
Looks like red clay day will be Friday
Looks sweet though

Last edited by scottypinthemix; 30 Sep 2014 at 15:39. Reason: wrong image link
Old 30 Sep 2014, 16:05 (Ref:3458924)   #52
Dodge_Swinger
Racer

United States
International Space Station
Dodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After nearly a full season of whining and complaining by yours truly, I'll be at the track around noon Thursday. Look for a guy in a chicken suit. Can't explain why, just seemed appropriate.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 16:47 (Ref:3458930)   #53
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
If your local to the ATL, don't forget the pre-Petit party at Taco Mac/Mall of Georgia on Tuesday night starting at 7:00 PM for a chance to meet your favorite drivers.
I have to work until about 7 today, and I work in Smyrna. I have to go home after work and go through my "what did I forget to pack" routine. Sure I made a check list, but what did I forget to put on it?
I can't tell you how many times in the last few days I've picked up my propane tank to somehow magically figure out if there is enough in there to last the weekend, or should I just not be lazy and exchange it?
My GF says I transform into some sort of strange ADD character during the packing process.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 17:50 (Ref:3458947)   #54
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
I have to work until about 7 today, and I work in Smyrna. I have to go home after work and go through my "what did I forget to pack" routine. Sure I made a check list, but what did I forget to put on it?
I can't tell you how many times in the last few days I've picked up my propane tank to somehow magically figure out if there is enough in there to last the weekend, or should I just not be lazy and exchange it?
My GF says I transform into some sort of strange ADD character during the packing process.
I'm the same way, I've done this 10 times but always seem to question my packing list.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 18:18 (Ref:3458957)   #55
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lol. I am not alone. I spend two days making little piles, moving things from pile to pile, and in the end always bring the same stuff and it always works ... but i seem stuck with the process.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 18:56 (Ref:3458967)   #56
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have my usual list, it just sadly gets longer every year. But then I like food, and most of it involves things to cook with. But I have conceded to being old and bought a giant cot this year. And of course the kitchen sink. Did forget lighter fluid though, two bags of charcoal just no fluid, hoping someone else plans better.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 21:06 (Ref:3459002)   #57
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1# My list is getting smaller and smaller thanks to me mates

2# The pile thing is happening in my home office right now.

Because of #1 and #2 above, I generally just start chunking anything that looks important into the car and I'll still forget something.

I am stoked - closing up shop right now to start starring at the list and random objects in the shed.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 21:07 (Ref:3459003)   #58
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
Not that everyone hasn't been looking.....
Weather update.
Looks like red clay day will be Friday
Looks sweet though

Friday's forecast has now become pretty ominous and I fear the cancellation of qualifying will be upon us.

The Conti tires race will be interesting....

The rest of the forecast looks like Chamber of Commerce weather, however

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 30 Sep 2014 at 21:18.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 21:51 (Ref:3459014)   #59
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They aren't even messing around anymore, 100% chance rain on Friday. Although I haven't seen an estimate on the timing if the rain. Hopefully it moves through fast.
Attached Thumbnails
uploadfromtaptalk1412113771482.png  
Old 30 Sep 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3459015)   #60
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
They aren't even messing around anymore, 100% chance rain on Friday. Although I haven't seen an estimate on the timing if the rain. Hopefully it moves through fast.

No wonder.

Moonphase:Waxing Gibbous
Old 30 Sep 2014, 22:33 (Ref:3459022)   #61
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I now have to turn in a price for one *** **** mother ******* office tomorrow morning or some guy I have never met and will never meet might get angry. I have also been very sick for the past couple of days, so I would move my ETA to lunch. Sorry.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 22:57 (Ref:3459028)   #62
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I have no idea what the edited words were....

Hope you are ready to party come Wednesday night and don't have to have an intimate relationship with the cans at RA like Field
Old 1 Oct 2014, 02:53 (Ref:3459047)   #63
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I now have to turn in a price for one *** **** mother ******* office tomorrow morning or some guy I have never met and will never meet might get angry. I have also been very sick for the past couple of days, so I would move my ETA to lunch. Sorry.
Quote:
I have no idea what the edited words were....

Hope you are ready to party come Wednesday night and don't have to have an intimate relationship with the cans at RA like Field
I know exactly what the edited words are, he'll be ready and I am hoping to limit my time in the can this year to the absolute minimum.

ETA is lunch for me as well, but I am in no rush to see the Lambos, the Beetle Cup and a MX5s. I am happy to get there in time for the first Conti tires session, but I am always happier at the track than in the office.
Old 1 Oct 2014, 12:03 (Ref:3459153)   #64
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I should arrive noon-ish as well.
Old 1 Oct 2014, 12:30 (Ref:3459160)   #65
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Guess we can't all be crazy as hell and already trackside listening to some Mazdas.
At the usual spot, just our usual neighbors so far
Old 1 Oct 2014, 12:30 (Ref:3459161)   #66
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I just packed the car and am headed out the door. Traffic will dictate what time I get there. Hopefully by 6:30
Old 1 Oct 2014, 14:49 (Ref:3459191)   #67
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Safe travels joeb and hjj and everyone. Finally loaded up after spending way too much time rounding stuff up but I am a 45 minutes trip and a stop at the store from being track side myself.
Old 1 Oct 2014, 22:24 (Ref:3459323)   #68
Jack Spratt
Rookie

Jack Spratt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which one of you guys arrived with a boat in tow?

Old 1 Oct 2014, 23:35 (Ref:3459332)   #69
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Spratt View Post
Which one of you guys arrived with a boat in tow?

Not me. But it's not going to rain anyways...
Old 2 Oct 2014, 00:02 (Ref:3459341)   #70
Jack Spratt
Rookie

Jack Spratt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not me. But it's not going to rain anyways...
It was an old, full size cabin cruiser. Depending on where he parks he may be the person to buddy up to on Friday. Just sayin"...
Old 3 Oct 2014, 13:05 (Ref:3459809)   #71
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Checking the radar- looks like this front is moving fast.

I think Conti's will finish dry. It may be a tire strategy
of starting on wets and ending on drys.
Old 3 Oct 2014, 14:40 (Ref:3459828)   #72
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Did the racing start as scheduled or was everything delayed?
Old 3 Oct 2014, 14:56 (Ref:3459839)   #73
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Everything has been on time, only 3 cars were out for Tudor practice and its been red flagged.
Old 3 Oct 2014, 15:03 (Ref:3459842)   #74
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anybody need anything from the outside, ice, etc. ? I will be heading to the track around 12:15.
Hang in there. Dry line 2 hours away.

Last edited by canamman; 3 Oct 2014 at 15:11.
Old 3 Oct 2014, 15:05 (Ref:3459843)   #75
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Anybody need anything from the outside, ice, etc. ? I will be heading to the track around 12:15.
We could use a jet drier. actually we are on here.