Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 6 Mar 2005, 09:04 (Ref:1244175)   #1
Rossi # 46
Racer

Rossi # 46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MS - Can he race wheel to wheel?

Before I begin, it is not my intention to start a bashing thread here.

What are your thought about MS's ability to race wheel to wheel in a GP? We all know that when it comes to winning a GP, MS is definately one of the greatest ever.

However do you think he has the same qualities to race amongst the pack like Senna, Mansell and Villeneve etc? It seems to me that whenever MS is towards the front, no one can beat him. However mix him up in the pack, and he does seem to struggle.

Just my thoughts, now behave.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 09:09 (Ref:1244178)   #2
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Its hard to go fast with a Williams parked in your rear end.
He was picking his way through the traffic OK until that happened,he was probably only looking to pick up some points this race,its a long way to go in the championship yet.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 09:13 (Ref:1244185)   #3
TCR-028
Racer

TCR-028 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought he really struggled whereas Rubens was very impressive in traffic...
One of the Aussie TV commentators mentioned shortly after the race that Michael seems to struggle a little at times when he doesn't qualify well - so you aren't the only one thinking that way Rossi # 46...

Armco Bender - i though Michael was at fault to be honest - seemed like he tried to block Heidfeld a bit late...

Last edited by TCR-028; 6 Mar 2005 at 09:17.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 09:16 (Ref:1244191)   #4
raul_iulian
Racer

Romania
Arad, Romania
raul_iulian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yes ... and i hope this will be his year ...OUT
Michael was never good in racing whell to wheel!
Remember 1997 and Mika's years(2)
When he is in front he is unstopeble. If you think the guy doesn't know what means to race wheel to wheel... i mean he is used to wining in front with 20 sec advantage!
Old 6 Mar 2005, 09:21 (Ref:1244198)   #5
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Pull out the old videos,MS has blasted through from the back of the field plenty of times.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 09:23 (Ref:1244200)   #6
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi # 46
What are your thought about MS's ability to race wheel to wheel in a GP? We all know that when it comes to winning a GP, MS is definately one of the greatest ever.
Of course he can race wheel to wheel but normally he doesn't have to!

The "package" is normally so superior to the other "packages" that he is able to pass and distance himself so quickly that there is no need to race wheel to wheel!

Mind you he hates being passed so he'll apply "dogged race craft"- I will always remember how he dealt with Damon Hill in Adelaide!

Mike
Old 6 Mar 2005, 09:25 (Ref:1244204)   #7
raul_iulian
Racer

Romania
Arad, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender
Pull out the old videos,MS has blasted through from the back of the field plenty of times.
Ofcourse he has, it's easy to blast the pack withe F1* car... but when his car wasnt so F1*... well
Old 6 Mar 2005, 09:26 (Ref:1244206)   #8
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
A small wager says MS will be popping the champers the next few GP's........
Old 6 Mar 2005, 09:41 (Ref:1244226)   #9
Paarma
Racer

Finland
Europe
Paarma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael has raced through the pack more times than I care to remember, but he does seem to get a bit itchy when being overtaken. I guess it's just a change from the usual for him although overall, I think he's more skilled in overtaking than defending position.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 09:47 (Ref:1244236)   #10
raul_iulian
Racer

Romania
Arad, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paarma
I think he's more skilled in overtaking than defending position.
Here i agree!
Old 6 Mar 2005, 09:48 (Ref:1244237)   #11
Rossi # 46
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender
A small wager says MS will be popping the champers the next few GP's........
You may well be right, but whats that got to do with the topic??
Old 6 Mar 2005, 09:55 (Ref:1244254)   #12
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of you have mentioned coming through the pack from behind-this is not what the question is really about because on these occasions he allways had a much faster car

When shu is trying to pass someone equal he,more often than not,tends to do it abit rudely(sometimes VERY rudely) or just too impatiently so that the other driver has to get out the way to avoid an accident.

So no,shu is not good racing wheel to wheel.
He absolutally has the skills to race neatly and safely but simply chooses to do things wrong
Old 6 Mar 2005, 10:45 (Ref:1244296)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When Michael doesn't have a good car, he can panic on occasion, and that's what seemed to happen today. He gave Nick no room, and no chance to back out of the situation, and similar things have happened in the past.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 10:56 (Ref:1244305)   #14
Rossi # 46
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
When Michael doesn't have a good car, he can panic on occasion, and that's what seemed to happen today. He gave Nick no room, and no chance to back out of the situation, and similar things have happened in the past.
Suzuka 2003 immediately springs to mind.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 10:59 (Ref:1244313)   #15
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He pulled a move quite like Kimi did on Sato a while back, but I rather think that Kimi totally forgot about the little Japanese guy instead of trying to block him...

Michael Schumacher is Michael Schumacher, he's always up to no good!
He deliberately pushed Nick out to keep him from being the best German of the day!
Old 6 Mar 2005, 11:05 (Ref:1244323)   #16
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Early days yet but lets hope for Shumi falls behind the pack so we can see what he is made of.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 11:08 (Ref:1244325)   #17
Rossi # 46
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreversideways
Early days yet but lets hope for Shumi falls behind the pack so we can see what he is made of.
Would be great entertainment if he does. And beleive me if he can prove me wrong and slice through the pack it would make for a very entertaining race.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 11:24 (Ref:1244343)   #18
Nivola
Racer

Nivola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ask Hill Jv Alonso about this and they would agree!!!!!!!!!!! Cant drive in a straight line!

If anyone has a copy of Alex Zanardi's book there some interesting incidents with a young Mr Shuey. Going straight down the road three wide, i turn left and punt you off i then turn right and punt you off. All on a straight bit of tarmac.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 11:36 (Ref:1244349)   #19
ssilviu
Rookie

Romania
Romania
ssilviu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if ferrari can't offer this year again the best car to TFH, then i'm afraid, this will be his last year in F1.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 11:40 (Ref:1244356)   #20
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MS has has driven into people throughout his career. He put Alonso on the grass on Hanger Straight a couple of years ago and that could have had serious implications.
I also agree with Brundle that MS shouldn't be beckoning marshals onto the track. Funny how his great interest in safety is suddenly forgotten.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 11:42 (Ref:1244360)   #21
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
havent got time to read the whole thread but it seems to me as f1 racing pointed out recently there are times when he tries to overtake and just expects the other car to get out the way, such as klein at bahrain 04?
Old 6 Mar 2005, 11:44 (Ref:1244363)   #22
Rossi # 46
Racer

oh no, please dont turn this into an anti-schumi thread. Whats in the past is done, racing use to be a lot more aggressive than what it is today.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 12:02 (Ref:1244379)   #23
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just that it used to be like that doesn't make it any more right than it is now...
Gilles was agressive but at least he was fair, unlike a certain German nowadays...
Old 6 Mar 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1244382)   #24
Rossi # 46
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
Just that it used to be like that doesn't make it any more right than it is now...
Gilles was agressive but at least he was fair, unlike a certain German nowadays...
I didnt say that it did make it anymore right.

However I do beleive you are overreacting to what was just a racing incident. Every driver has them.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 12:06 (Ref:1244385)   #25
ASCII Man
Veteran

But Michael Schumacher is the source of all evil, just look at his chin for Christ's sake!
Closed Thread