Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jun 2017, 06:49 (Ref:3738268)   #1826
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post

Bob, if you look at the emblem you have on your bonnet or front grill, dont you think Vauxhall and Peugeot already met before. Or is it a conspiracy?

John, course de " Caisses Ã* savon" is gonna be more popular than ever. A huge sponsor (selling energy drinks) will produce a show in domaine de Saint Cloud near Paris, to take place on 1st october. The selection committee takes things very seriously, they look more professional than some others…
ça va cracher des bulles … de savon !
Somehow I don't think the event in Willeman will be troubled by a selection committee - they've just got the organiser, wearing his top hat. Probably no sponsorship from an energy drink either, but no doubt a beer or three will be consumed!
Old 3 Jun 2017, 13:32 (Ref:3738320)   #1827
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dear VivaGT,
Have you noticed that Gerard et jean seem to use this forum as a personal means of communication, sharing all sorts of detail on their daily lives?

I wonder why they can't just chat over the garden fence? Perhaps they do not have telephones in France!

Any way I see no reason why we should not use the same device as we do not often get a chance to have a natter down the pub;

I took Judy into town this morning, where we spent some time in TK Maxx as she had a gift voucher for the store, she treated me to three pairs of socks reduced from £20 to only £7.99. We also took in the Wilkinson shop and came away with two bags of peanuts for the squirrels that visit our garden, before leaving town we went into the Central Library and we both borrowed a number of books, as there is a wider selection than in our smaller local branch.

Anyway I hope this finds you and Mrs Viv well and look forward to hearing back from you soon. Do let me know how the cooking business is going it sounds fascinating.

Cheers mate.

RF.
Old 3 Jun 2017, 13:47 (Ref:3738322)   #1828
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Dear bauble,
Always good to hear from you. Unfortunately your life of TK Maxx and Wilkinsons sounds far too exciting for a humble chap like me to understand, I live a humble existence, washing pots and packaging biscuits.
I gain international excitement by reading the travails of Gerard & Jean, plus many other thenthers whose voyages take them to many far flung parts of the globe that must be so distant, to not even be in Leicestershire.
However, should you start to suffer from insomnia I will forward to you a minute by minute account of my daily life as I am sure it would help to resolve your problem.
Yours in awe as always
VGT
Old 3 Jun 2017, 16:37 (Ref:3738343)   #1829
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Suspicious email? From BT "COSTUMER Service"...... Mmm
Old 3 Jun 2017, 16:50 (Ref:3738351)   #1830
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
It must be something to do with their new range of BT Infinity clothing that lasts for ever...
Old 3 Jun 2017, 16:51 (Ref:3738352)   #1831
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Should it be 'Cost you more' service?
Old 3 Jun 2017, 18:43 (Ref:3738405)   #1832
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There was a scam one going about saying that you were due for a refund or whatever .
If you check the sender address you might find it came from Eastern Europe , India , Nigeria ,or one of the other scamming countries .

But whatever , do not click on any links .
Old 3 Jun 2017, 18:49 (Ref:3738407)   #1833
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Interestingly the sender was ........@btinternet.com, so maybe someone's hacked into their account.

But no, everything suspicious is junked and sender blocked.......
Old 3 Jun 2017, 19:03 (Ref:3738409)   #1834
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Shame we can't do that with some of the people who post on here ...............
Old 4 Jun 2017, 13:35 (Ref:3738599)   #1835
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Shame we can't do that with some of the people who post on here ...............
Is this just my usual paranoia kicking in here or am I right to feel that I'm being got at here?
Old 4 Jun 2017, 14:12 (Ref:3738614)   #1836
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
It must be something to do with their new range of BT Infinity clothing that lasts for ever...
Surely it is BT Infinity that takes forever?
Old 4 Jun 2017, 14:36 (Ref:3738623)   #1837
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
Surely it is BT Infinity that takes forever?
The van parked few doors up for several months still hasn't moved......
Old 4 Jun 2017, 15:02 (Ref:3738626)   #1838
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For those interested in music and how it is produced, there was a great programme last evening on BBC 4 about how some of the Sgt Pepper genre was created. It also include Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane although they were only released as a double A-side single at the time.

Some of the creativity that they, George Martin and the EMI engineers produced was incredible considering what tools they had at their disposal 50 years ago.

If it's on iPlayer, it's well worth watching.
Old 4 Jun 2017, 15:10 (Ref:3738628)   #1839
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
The van parked few doors up for several months still hasn't moved......
Perhaps it is beyond Infinity & can't phone home?
Old 4 Jun 2017, 16:38 (Ref:3738647)   #1840
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
For those interested in music and how it is produced, there was a great programme last evening on BBC 4 about how some of the Sgt Pepper genre was created. It also include Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane although they were only released as a double A-side single at the time.

If it's on iPlayer, it's well worth watching.
Thanks Mike. I heard it being talked about in the radio but didn't click when it was on. Will check the jolly old iplayer thingy.....
Old 4 Jun 2017, 18:20 (Ref:3738657)   #1841
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Thanks Mike. I heard it being talked about in the radio but didn't click when it was on. Will check the jolly old iplayer thingy.....
Apologies, I miswrote when I stated it was on BBC4; it was actually on BBC2.

However, it is being repeated on 2 this Friday at 00.05, then at 22.00 also on Friday but on BBC4, and yet again on 4 but at 02.35 on Saturday morning.

Hope this helps if you need to record it.
Old 4 Jun 2017, 19:35 (Ref:3738666)   #1842
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
It's on iplayer thanks! Just watched it- very interesting prog, and very much a landmark album.
Old 4 Jun 2017, 20:32 (Ref:3738682)   #1843
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Delta disaster

Last race of the Delta adventure and two of my drivers decide to take each other off . One car wrecked and the other pretty bad . Blooming cheesed off . Parkedcup for the night on E40 near the French border . The services seem to be full of Bulgarian Gypsies. Hmmm. Going to get early ferry and cheer myself up with a posh breakfast
Old 4 Jun 2017, 21:16 (Ref:3738688)   #1844
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Last race of the Delta adventure and two of my drivers decide to take each other off . One car wrecked and the other pretty bad . Blooming cheesed off . Parkedcup for the night on E40 near the French border . The services seem to be full of Bulgarian Gypsies. Hmmm. Going to get early ferry and cheer myself up with a posh breakfast
How annoying.

I see you got one of them out for the second race attempt.

Enjoy the breakfast.
Old 5 Jun 2017, 06:04 (Ref:3738712)   #1845
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Customers- just can't get them to do what they're told nowadays!

The migrants are drifting back towards Calais, from what I've heard. One reason I used Dunkirk for Spa last month....

Posh Brekky? Hope it's open then. Sorry, but only reason IMHO to use that restaurant nowadays is the peace and quiet- as is usually empty! Def overpriced for the food quality nowadays, and I can easily do without posh cutlery and white tablecloths.....
Old 5 Jun 2017, 07:28 (Ref:3738720)   #1846
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Apologies, I miswrote when I stated it was on BBC4; it was actually on BBC2.

However, it is being repeated on 2 this Friday at 00.05, then at 22.00 also on Friday but on BBC4, and yet again on 4 but at 02.35 on Saturday morning.

Hope this helps if you need to record it.
Thanks Mike. I went & found it on iPlayer yesterday afternoon after reading your last post (now that will probably prompt some sort of trumpet reference from bauble).
A fascinating programme and so interesting to hear the 'cut down' versions of the music.
Old 5 Jun 2017, 07:50 (Ref:3738721)   #1847
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Thanks Mike. I went & found it on iPlayer yesterday afternoon after reading your last post (now that will probably prompt some sort of trumpet reference from bauble).
A fascinating programme and so interesting to hear the 'cut down' versions of the music.
I certainly hope that it won't be my last post; in fact it wasn't, because I'm responding to your previous post!
Old 5 Jun 2017, 08:17 (Ref:3738726)   #1848
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
I certainly hope that it won't be my last post; in fact it wasn't, because I'm responding to your previous post!
Well handled - a true Gent!
Old 5 Jun 2017, 10:18 (Ref:3738740)   #1849
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
As an ex-service man I can tell that you have no military experience. The Last Post is played an a bugle not a trumpet. Any silly jokes/play on words referring to the Post Office should be avoided as this can only make one appear daft.

LAC Bull. 570
Old 5 Jun 2017, 11:35 (Ref:3738750)   #1850
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
As an ex-service man I can tell that you have no military experience. The Last Post is played an a bugle not a trumpet. Any silly jokes/play on words referring to the Post Office should be avoided as this can only make one appear daft.

LAC Bull. 570
Thank you for the advice and musical clarification, as usual you are a font of knowledge. I must point out however that I am perfectly capable to make myself appear daft without referring to the Post Office...