Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Jun 2002, 10:21 (Ref:316812)   #1
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
support

did anyone catch the formula french support race?

what a laugh!
Old 19 Jun 2002, 15:39 (Ref:316988)   #2
BarryR
Rookie

BarryR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes,I did,it was very entertainig, more spins than an ice dance program! Its a good job they didn't do 10 laps or none of them would have finished. Especially liked the older driver who kicked his car when he didn't even make it past the clock at the start. A young Brit came second but didn't catch his name, can anyone remember it?

Last edited by BarryR; 19 Jun 2002 at 15:41.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 16:10 (Ref:316999)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans Legends in 2001

Formula "whatever" in 2002.

Quite literally, in one year from the sublime to the ridiculous!
Old 19 Jun 2002, 17:18 (Ref:317031)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by BarryR
Yes,I did,it was very entertainig, more spins than an ice dance program! Its a good job they didn't do 10 laps or none of them would have finished. Especially liked the older driver who kicked his car when he didn't even make it past the clock at the start. A young Brit came second but didn't catch his name, can anyone remember it?
It's a french journalist of the TV named Gérard Holz, fan of Paris-Dakar, abosolutely ridiculous... everybody's laughing on (at?) him on the french Le Mans Racing forum...

Last edited by Fab; 19 Jun 2002 at 17:18.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 17:59 (Ref:317052)   #5
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't see the race as I was having a bath at the time.

Having heard the there were 44 starters and only 23 finished 7 laps later, it sounded exciting.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 18:03 (Ref:317055)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Exciting ? Hardly! Funny though...
Old 19 Jun 2002, 20:51 (Ref:317168)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Only sae a little bit, but it was very funny, RLM was also very I do not think that Ian Ticthmarsh had quite seen anything like it before
Old 19 Jun 2002, 23:44 (Ref:317256)   #8
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
The Brethren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't catch it as I was otherwise occupied, but it sounds very similar to the MVS Venturi race that the ACO had as a warm up back in 95 ( ? ).
Thought they had moved the funfair onto the track just for a laff.
Never seen such carnage in a race ever !!
What fun.
Shame the organisers couldn't show the same respect for us footy fans as well, but thats the Froggies for you. They lost the game so change the rules.
Oh, well, at least some things never change.
Rusty
Old 20 Jun 2002, 07:35 (Ref:317355)   #9
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
The Radio Le Mans commentary was something special, don't think they have had so much of a laugh since the last Debora in 2000 was getting lapped by Porsches.

Their commentary reminded me of Stuart Hall in 'It's a Knockout', "There goes the blue car, and we've lost another one" followed by several minutes of increasing hysteria!
Old 20 Jun 2002, 08:26 (Ref:317376)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Brethren
Shame the organisers couldn't show the same respect for us footy fans as well, but thats the Froggies for you.
To be fair they couldn't show it due to TV rights.
Quote:
Originally posted by AllonFS
"There goes the blue car, and we've lost another one" followed by several minutes of increasing hysteria!.
That was funny. I liked how they sort of got bored and played a song half way through too!
Old 26 Jun 2002, 12:44 (Ref:322063)   #11
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race you want to see is the Clio V6 support race at Le Mans in 1999? (or maybe 2000), the first year when the cars really didn't handle.
Renault gave them a longer final drive to get 165mph out of them down the Mulsanne but sadly it was still very easy to spin them in a straight line, 60 cars took the start I believe and on the run to the 1st Mulsanne chicane on the first lap someone spun off and bounced back through the middle of the pack...
25 cars were badly damaged in the 7 lap race and another 10 failed to finish I'm told...
Sadly, I arrived as it finished and only saw the wreckage afterwards... now I race one myself and would kill to get to Le Mans!

RickP
Old 26 Jun 2002, 13:05 (Ref:322088)   #12
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I remeber listening to that one on Radio le mans on the way into the circuit (it was 2000 I think) The scene in the support paddock was almost comical after the race - If they could have made one car out of the undamaged panels from the whole fields that's about as good as it got!!
Old 26 Jun 2002, 13:14 (Ref:322094)   #13
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
The Clios were '99, my first Le Mans so I remember it well. After watching the Mulsanne smash on the big screens I wandered down to the Ford chicane, fairly confident they would struggle through it. They didn't disappoint! They were all over the place through the last part of it, several spins each lap, all very entertaining.

This year's effort, although not a patch on the legends race last year, was at least entertaining. (One of the things I love at Le Mans is seeing all the Brits laughing with their headphones on when Radio Le Mans come up with one of their specials.)
Old 26 Jun 2002, 15:56 (Ref:322240)   #14
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
And the bemused looks on the faces of the non-brits when Radio Le Mans arranges a Mexican Wave!!!!
Old 26 Jun 2002, 16:16 (Ref:322261)   #15
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And the french public address commentator who's trying to get the crowd going when all of the Brits are listening to the England match on RLM...!
Old 28 Jun 2002, 18:25 (Ref:323832)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This sounds like my cue to say a very big thank you to Radio Le Mans (and in particular my friend Paul Truswell and his excellent partner Ian Titchmarsh) from all the Brits (and other English-speakers who were tuned in) for once again a fantastic performance from the commentary box and elsewhere. What would we do without them?