Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 11 Feb 2012, 01:57 (Ref:3024383)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
UK TV coverage

Lazy post o rama.

So where do I watch NASCAR in the UK? Sky? Premier? Carrot?
Old 11 Feb 2012, 02:23 (Ref:3024389)   #2
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All 38 weekends of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will be shown on Premier Sports in 2012. They had a two-year deal to do exactly that beginning in 2011, so it's up for grabs again after his season.

Not sure if you guys get the other series.
Old 11 Feb 2012, 06:37 (Ref:3024433)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Nationwide on Motors TV
Old 12 Feb 2012, 12:35 (Ref:3024845)   #4
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is always an abundance of good quality internet streams, I've been able to watch NASCAR live for years without any telly subscriptions.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 02:42 (Ref:3027798)   #5
expaddockrunner
Racer

United Kingdom
coventry
expaddockrunner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Radio coverage

Live coverage on radio, via the app on android or iPhone (tunein radio),
When in the app, look the the search box, type in NASCAR, and it will show you stations that have live NASCAR coverage.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 03:03 (Ref:3027800)   #6
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
There is always an abundance of good quality internet streams, I've been able to watch NASCAR live for years without any telly subscriptions.
Any ones in particular you'd recommend?
Old 19 Feb 2012, 05:28 (Ref:3027825)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for the replies.

So it is premier sports. Thanks. Which means it isn't in HD.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 10:31 (Ref:3028303)   #8
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know if Speed or premier sports offer an "online subscription" like you can do for Eurosport?
Old 22 Feb 2012, 19:34 (Ref:3029596)   #9
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't believe Prem Sports do.
Old 22 Feb 2012, 20:16 (Ref:3029615)   #10
winkle
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wallington
winkle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the Bud shoot out is anything to go by, its going to be a lively Daytona 500.

Go for it. Get your subscription in to Premier
Old 23 Feb 2012, 13:29 (Ref:3029884)   #11
mrfizz
Rookie

England
West Bromwich
mrfizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkle View Post
If the Bud shoot out is anything to go by, its going to be a lively Daytona 500.

Go for it. Get your subscription in to Premier
I'd love to, but i can only get cable (stupid leasehold rules forbid satellite dishes), and as we know, Premier and Virgin Media are playing silly b*****s. So i hope i can find a decent way of seeing it via the interweb, although last season they were getting pretty hot at taking down streams so i'm not too hopeful.
Old 23 Feb 2012, 13:31 (Ref:3029885)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Thanks for the replies.

So it is premier sports. Thanks. Which means it isn't in HD.

Although as SD pictures go it isn't too bad.

Sky will show highlights and they are HD.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 08:57 (Ref:3030251)   #13
winkle
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wallington
winkle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfizz View Post
I'd love to, but i can only get cable (stupid leasehold rules forbid satellite dishes), and as we know, Premier and Virgin Media are playing silly b*****s. So i hope i can find a decent way of seeing it via the interweb, although last season they were getting pretty hot at taking down streams so i'm not too hopeful.
Whats the problem with Premier and Virgin?

I would prefer to go with Virgin and get TV via cable. Nascar on Premier is the only reason I have still got Sky.

I understood that if enough people requested it then Virgin would broadcast Premier, or is that the problem, not enough people are asking for it?
Old 24 Feb 2012, 18:45 (Ref:3030531)   #14
Lrawlings
Racer

England
Portsmouth England
Lrawlings should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfizz View Post
sky can now install a box with out a dish for peeps with ur problem.....so im told. a mate had one installed in jan :-))

how much does the premier channel cost? ive already got sky sports so should get it anyway ( as i subscribe to skysports)...but dont.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 23:28 (Ref:3030654)   #15
mrfizz
Rookie

England
West Bromwich
Quote:

I would prefer to go with Virgin and get TV via cable. Nascar on Premier is the only reason I have still got Sky.

I understood that if enough people requested it then Virgin would broadcast Premier, or is that the problem, not enough people are asking for it?
Virgin offered to carry Premier as a premium channel, like Sky Sports or Box Nation etc, at around £7.99 p.m. same as Sky. But Premier want to be included as part of the XL TV package like ESPN is now, which is never going to happen. There are many other channels that Virgin could add to the XL package and get more subscribers. They're not going to add a small sports channel that carries sports that the majority in the UK have never heard of, let alone want to watch.

Basically, after much badgering and complaining by many people to Virgin on behalf of Premier Sports, they've gone and shot themselves in the foot.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 23:58 (Ref:3030666)   #16
mrfizz
Rookie

England
West Bromwich
Quote:

Virgin offered Premier a deal to be a premium pay monthly channel but they turned it down. They want to be included on the XL TV package.

Own goal by Premier.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 00:29 (Ref:3030671)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post

Although as SD pictures go it isn't too bad.

Sky will show highlights and they are HD.
Just watched the shootout on sky. Oooo, it is so shiny and lovely.

I want it all, I want shiny and live.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 18:39 (Ref:3030965)   #18
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watching a stream in I think Dutch. All I can make out is 'durn ika pad rik'... great stuff!
Old 25 Feb 2012, 18:42 (Ref:3030966)   #19
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
There's no Dutch channel covering NASCAR. I assume it's Swedish.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 18:51 (Ref:3030971)   #20
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
There's no Dutch channel covering NASCAR. I assume it's Swedish.
Possibly - it soon dissapeared from Justin tho
Old 26 Feb 2012, 08:41 (Ref:3031344)   #21
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motors TV coverage pretty good.Don't get as many ad breaks as the US it seems-we get silent pics when host broadcaster is on a break.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 10:27 (Ref:3031376)   #22
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I enjoyed the Nationwide last night and thought i'd check out Premier Sports just to see how much it was.

Pretty gobsmacked.

Best part of £100 a year?? I'll stick with Sky's delayed highlights thanks...
Old 26 Feb 2012, 11:42 (Ref:3031418)   #23
Lrawlings
Racer

England
Portsmouth England
Lrawlings should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
I enjoyed the Nationwide last night and thought i'd check out Premier Sports just to see how much it was.

Pretty gobsmacked.

Did the same myself, might cancel sky sports an get premier though. Might get it cheaper through sky
Old 26 Feb 2012, 13:08 (Ref:3031440)   #24
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anyone wants a stream for the 500 tonight I had one that worked well for the Nationwide race yesterday. Just PM me as the suits are always pretty hot at taking down good streams and posting in a public forum just seems to shout 'shut me down'.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 14:59 (Ref:3031466)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post

Pretty gobsmacked.

it is £7.99 a month. Or £75 for 12 months.
Which is technically the best part of £100 I know...