Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 23 Sep 2013, 22:36 (Ref:3308409)   #1
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel hurt by booing say Red Bull

Christian says the boy is being hurt by the booing. Maybe it is because of persona. CH says :
"He is a great kid. He has a great sense of humour. He has a big heart at the end of the day."

Sorry CH , he is no schuey, or others, there are some drivers across the world in different catagories of racing who have Champion next to their name but for some reason just dont appeal to the fans.

article here:
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8727566
Old 23 Sep 2013, 22:42 (Ref:3308410)   #2
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Christian says the boy is being hurt by the booing. Maybe it is because of persona. CH says :
"He is a great kid. He has a great sense of humour. He has a big heart at the end of the day."

Sorry CH , he is no schuey, or others, there are some drivers across the world in different catagories of racing who have Champion next to their name but for some reason just dont appeal to the fans.

article here:
Hurt by the booing... hmmm, I haven't even watched the race and I know this is absolutely ****. Unbelievable - he can't even be happy with winning three GPs in a row and probably another championship? He still has something to moan about?

This is PRECISELY why I dislike Sebastian Vettel strongly.
Old 23 Sep 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3308436)   #3
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Well, he shouldn't have thrust the dagger into Webber's back should he if he doesn't want to be unpopular?

You could argue he can do that and you can put forward the hotly contested proposition that such ruthlessness is part of a true champion but if your going to go backstabbing, you're going to create disgust in a sizable and significant minority of the race watching public towards you.

Take it like man "Seb".
Old 23 Sep 2013, 23:33 (Ref:3308437)   #4
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am sitting on the fence with regard to this booing , but after closely watching his reaction at previous races I do believe the Singapore boo got to him . Maybe he is starting to tire of it , but up until now he did not seem affected .
Old 23 Sep 2013, 23:35 (Ref:3308438)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It might be the Red Bull 'marketing team' that don't like their brand being bound up in the continuous booing and they are spinnin' away in an attempt to dissipate it.

Of course the more they blather about 'booing' the more they encourage it.
Old 23 Sep 2013, 23:40 (Ref:3308439)   #6
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
It might be the Red Bull 'marketing team' that don't like their brand being bound up in the continuous booing and they are spinnin' away in an attempt to dissipate it.

Of course the more they blather about 'booing' the more they encourage it.
I see an opportunity here , bring out a "limited edition" can of drink called Red Boo !
Old 23 Sep 2013, 23:53 (Ref:3308443)   #7
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Hurt by the booing... hmmm, I haven't even watched the race and I know this is absolutely ****. Unbelievable - he can't even be happy with winning three GPs in a row and probably another championship? He still has something to moan about?

This is PRECISELY why I dislike Sebastian Vettel strongly.
Where exactly has Vettel himself complained about the booing?

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 00:11 (Ref:3308453)   #8
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit disappointed how some other pundits etc are now jumping in saying he shouldn't be booed for being dominant.

Well News Flash it's not because of that, this has been going on for months now even when it looked like Mercedes were going to be the ones dominating the second half of the season.

The reason he's being booed is because some people just don't like him anymore. Malaysia 2013 opened a window on his soul and a lot of us didn't like what we saw and heard.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 00:30 (Ref:3308460)   #9
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He needs to get over himself.

Fastest car.
Best engineers.
Huge paychecks.
Championships and record pace likely beat Schumacher.

Really? And you are bothered by people booing you??? Sheesh...I wish I had the skills and talent to have that issue....because it wouldn't be an issue for me. Who cares if someone doesn't like me because I dominate...I'm getting paid, I'm doing what I want, and I'm the best at it...

I fail to see why booing is a problem....guess I'm just not as worried about what people think about me.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 24 Sep 2013, 00:58 (Ref:3308472)   #10
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
He needs to get over himself.

Fastest car.
Best engineers.
Huge paychecks.
Championships and record pace likely beat Schumacher.

Really? And you are bothered by people booing you??? Sheesh...I wish I had the skills and talent to have that issue....because it wouldn't be an issue for me. Who cares if someone doesn't like me because I dominate...I'm getting paid, I'm doing what I want, and I'm the best at it...

I fail to see why booing is a problem....guess I'm just not as worried about what people think about me.
Ha! - for once, I agree with you 100%.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 01:30 (Ref:3308497)   #11
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Christian says the boy is being hurt by the booing.
Oh dear! I suspect he has just lit a hornets nest of booing. Some people never know when to shut up and pull the foot out of their mouth. Chrisian and Vettel are going to regret that sentence whether he deserves it or not.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 01:52 (Ref:3308510)   #12
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's only human nature to being be disappointed when fans continually boo you. I don't think that makes him a baby that needs to grow up. There aren't many around that wouldn't be affected by thousands (millions) of people hating you and you don't really know why.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 02:02 (Ref:3308513)   #13
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
He is a great racing driver, driving a better car than the other teams can produce ..

It is just bad sportsmanship to boo a young guy who is dedicated to driving his arse off week in and week out. I don't care if he is German, Russian or Chinese it is a very ignorant action..
Old 24 Sep 2013, 02:11 (Ref:3308515)   #14
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
He is a great racing driver, driving a better car than the other teams can produce ..
That's not why he's being booed...even when he finishes 3rd and is interviewed you can hear booing.

Last edited by Flat12-Aircool; 24 Sep 2013 at 02:17.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 02:47 (Ref:3308520)   #15
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On driving skills and performance he certainly does not deserve it. Unfortunately his other behaviour has become unpopular to say the least and invites the crowd to vent their feelings. It is unfortunate that the crowds react this way but I see it as inevitable. He really thought he was untouchable I suspect but now is apparently getting to him and some would say what goes round comes round.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 03:10 (Ref:3308524)   #16
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
He fully deserves it for knifing Webber in the back. That's the trade off. If you want to be ruthless, deceitful, prepare to pay for a baggage of unpopularity. The bad sportsmanship is on Vettel's shoulders, a sizable minority of fans are just reacting to that.

Taking Horner's remarks at face value Vettel wants to have his cake and eat it. That's not how life works.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 03:24 (Ref:3308531)   #17
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I hope he wins every race until he retires, it's what the haters deserve.

Jeez, you would think he kills puppies or something with the hatred of him.

Here's a news flash, the rest of the teams suck in comparison and need to up their game. Here's another news flash, YOUR guy & YOUR team (and mine) are NOT going to win the championships this year AGAIN! I know you are heartbroken but get over it!

Sour grapes are indeed tough to swallow I guess...
Old 24 Sep 2013, 03:54 (Ref:3308540)   #18
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post

Here's a news flash, the rest of the teams suck in comparison and need to up their game. Here's another news flash, YOUR guy & YOUR team (and mine) are NOT going to win the championships this year AGAIN! I know you are heartbroken but get over it!

What hatred of Vettel?
I see far more hatred of Webber in the posts from some Vettel supporters.
Its all in the colour of our spectacles.

I would conclude though that when you break team orders and then say that the driver you passed didn't deserve it (the race win he would have got) and that you would change nothing and do it again, by implication you are saying that you did and self justify you actions which effectively undoes any words or acts of retraction, so you effectively condemn yourself through your own egotism.

If that happens and some people then vent themselves in some way against you or your actions you only have yourself to blame.
We have seen it happen in Schumacher's life in slightly different actions and are now seeing it occur in Sebastian's life through some of his words and actions.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 04:10 (Ref:3308544)   #19
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:

And some of the more sensitive posters who think "Seb" is a great think that him being booed is the same as fans threatening to strangle his puppy and burn him out of his schloss. Being booed is irksome but is not a big deal and is what he deserves. He's supposed to be a racing driver. I hope he's tougher than a few boos and in situations where his entourage and his Neweymobile aren't there to help him out.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 04:35 (Ref:3308546)   #20
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel harmed Webber. With this, I have no mercy for him.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 04:38 (Ref:3308548)   #21
KaiserSose
Rookie

United States
Olympia, WA
KaiserSose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

+1

Booing a 26 year old?

It borders on pathetic.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 04:40 (Ref:3308550)   #22
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, perhaps now Australians now feel how Argentinians felt when Jones thwarted Reutemann his chances for 1981 WC... With this story of Vettel and Webber.

The rule of number one - number two should be revised.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 05:07 (Ref:3308554)   #23
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whether or not he "deserves it", booing him still isn't cricket IMHO. I know it happens an awful lot in many sports, but that doesn't make it alright. Fans should show some class. Sure, if it's really about what he did to Webber, it's not as simple as hating 'the other team', but I don't think that means it doesn't warrant any class, especially if what they are deriding Vettel for is a failure to show his in Malaysia. You don't have to be a super-fan and jump up and down and cheer, but is it not enough to just remain silent?
Old 24 Sep 2013, 05:51 (Ref:3308562)   #24
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In Monza he took it well, he was expecting it, but in Singapore he seemed quite uncomfortable.
It was funny to see Alonso posing and making gestures with a big smile in his face to light the spectators even more while Seb was speaking. That's true sportsmanship there compared to Vettel's for sure

I think Vettel deserves criticism for a some of the things he's done, but this is going too far really.
You just have to take a look around the internet like the Autosport forum or speak with people in pubs or else, a lot of f1 fans are just obsessed with him and his success. That can not be healthy

Quote:

I hope he doesn't, some "haters" are already in suicide watch. Don't want them to hurt themselves
But yeah, I agree...

Maybe people should start booing their favorite drivers and teams for not doing their job well enough ?
Old 24 Sep 2013, 06:52 (Ref:3308570)   #25
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
Quote:

article here:
I think Christian should have kept this within the team , if the spectators now think they are getting to him you watch the booing get a whole lot worse .