Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Apr 2016, 01:15 (Ref:3629690)   #51
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Doubtful if Moff will move, only reason would be if he can't come to grips with the Volvo.
Where could Scotty go that gives him a better chance at winning?
Courtney and Tander, who else would pay them what they earn now?
Pye seems happy at DJRTP - can't see Roland letting him go to HRT, where else does that leave?
Reynolds, dunno.
Old 3 Apr 2016, 04:31 (Ref:3629741)   #52
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
Reynolds, dunno.
Reynolds seems happy and relaxed and I dare say a better result than the Benzes got won't be that hard to put together, and DR's personality fits perfectly with Betty who is just a bit odd.

All of these things can change quickly but poor old Dave has had a rough trot with bad advice, lawyers, etc so I hope he has a good run and finds a happy place...
Old 3 Apr 2016, 07:07 (Ref:3629762)   #53
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If GRM can't sort out the gremlins with the Volvo, surely Scotty will be off elsewhere. If I were HRT I'd be making him an offer he can't refuse. I'm sure he could drag that car a bit further up the field with his qualifying prowess.
Old 3 Apr 2016, 08:52 (Ref:3629782)   #54
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana View Post
If GRM can't sort out the gremlins with the Volvo, surely Scotty will be off elsewhere. If I were HRT I'd be making him an offer he can't refuse. I'm sure he could drag that car a bit further up the field with his qualifying prowess.
You might wonder whether Mr Rogers is getting tired of the Volvo-related reliability issues.

The sustainability of his own racing operation, and the commercial partnerships around it, has to be on the table for review..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Apr 2016, 10:10 (Ref:3629803)   #55
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You'd have to think selling 2.5 DVS programs is easing the financial strain a bit.
Old 4 Apr 2016, 22:52 (Ref:3630383)   #56
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chaz Mostert will announce personal sponsorship deal with Just Cuts.
Old 4 Apr 2016, 23:41 (Ref:3630385)   #57
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Chaz Mostert will announce personal sponsorship deal with Just Cuts.
You're a couple of days late!
Old 11 Apr 2016, 23:15 (Ref:3631975)   #58
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So if Courtney heads back to the busom of DJR next year as widely suspected, does that mean Scotty McLaughlin will sit in seat #22 (providing Holden stand by HRT)?
Old 11 Apr 2016, 23:49 (Ref:3631979)   #59
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
So if Courtney heads back to the busom of DJR next year as widely suspected, does that mean Scotty McLaughlin will sit in seat #22 (providing Holden stand by HRT)?
There is a story floating around at the moment that Penske may be looking to expand the number of cars it operates in the main game next season... so could provide a home for Mr Courtney AND Mr Pye plus one more with Mr Coulthard...
Old 12 Apr 2016, 00:10 (Ref:3631982)   #60
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Under a European badge?
Old 12 Apr 2016, 00:51 (Ref:3631985)   #61
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
There is a story floating around at the moment that Penske may be looking to expand the number of cars it operates in the main game next season... so could provide a home for Mr Courtney AND Mr Pye plus one more with Mr Coulthard...
Wow, one has to wonder how they are measuring the commercial return through their internal promotions, but considering the cars are not really generating any external sponsorship, I find this kind of amazing.
Old 12 Apr 2016, 02:41 (Ref:3631997)   #62
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Don't think he'll leave BFF Adrian.... if anyone was going to go it would be GT.

But then they're in the so called rebuilding phase, and chances are they'll want to keep the boys on board a bit longer...
Old 12 Apr 2016, 02:52 (Ref:3632001)   #63
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
Don't think he'll leave BFF Adrian.... if anyone was going to go it would be GT.
GT is really seriously embedded with HSV too so I'm not really sure he will ever leave, but I guess in 2017 many things could change.
Old 12 Apr 2016, 23:24 (Ref:3632206)   #64
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't Holden considering scaling back support to one team next season? HRT on the outer? It would then make sense Gow sending James resume's around the paddock to get a better deal for 2017.
Old 13 Apr 2016, 00:40 (Ref:3632215)   #65
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
Don't think he'll leave BFF Adrian.
But money talks. With the Walkinshaw family having to top up HRT's coffers for the past few seasons, maybe a lesser deal will be tabled. Don't think James and Alan Gow have ever been shy in chasing the best monetary deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
GT is really seriously embedded with HSV too so I'm not really sure he will ever leave, but I guess in 2017 many things could change.
GT is probably quite content to see out his driving days with HRT, but turning 40 next year, he is closer to the end than the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcapri View Post
Wasn't Holden considering scaling back support to one team next season? HRT on the outer? It would then make sense Gow sending James resume's around the paddock to get a better deal for 2017.
Nothing has been decided...or at least announced. HRT's Holden funding has been reported as being under threat ever since 888 became a Holden team, yet nothing has come of it. But obviously every year without success adds to the likelihood.
Old 13 Apr 2016, 21:21 (Ref:3632442)   #66
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
"McLaughlin to DJR Team Penske" - AA

...in an additional car....
Old 14 Apr 2016, 03:18 (Ref:3632485)   #67
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
"McLaughlin to DJR Team Penske" - AA

...in an additional car....
So where does the REC come from? Is VESA willing to reboot the last two REC's laying around to make the grid back to 28 or keep it as 26?
Old 14 Apr 2016, 03:54 (Ref:3632488)   #68
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
So where does the REC come from? Is VESA willing to reboot the last two REC's laying around to make the grid back to 28 or keep it as 26?
Think they would prefer to leave it at 26, more cars = smaller pieces of pie. The idea of DJRTP running a 3rd car appears a bit of a smokescreen, should they get McLaughlin then probably will be at Pye's expense. Would expect him to be favourite for the GRM seat though.
Old 14 Apr 2016, 04:12 (Ref:3632493)   #69
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
A certain formerly Yatala-based, now Moorabbin-based and soon to be Dandenong-based team seems to be running its 2nd car under sufferance, not choice..

Another pilot who might not go round again has a stake in a REC that might be relocatable if a multi year enduro drive was in the offing (and his current employer, a part owner of that REC too) allows it..

There are others around too, if the price were right, and the sponsorship securing success was as it is now...
Old 14 Apr 2016, 05:26 (Ref:3632497)   #70
Mixer
Veteran

I dunno you guys trying to figure this out, AA's reputation lately is 2 Low 4 Zero....
Old 17 Apr 2016, 22:46 (Ref:3634232)   #71
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Scott McLaughlin did his asking price no harm on the weekend.
Old 18 Apr 2016, 02:14 (Ref:3634270)   #72
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcapri View Post
Mr McNamara spent a lot of time with 888 and LDM at Phillip Island
over the week-end. Did not see him once with HRT over the 3 days.
Old 18 Apr 2016, 02:16 (Ref:3634271)   #73
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrut View Post
Mr McNamara spent a lot of time with 888 and LDM at Phillip Island
over the week-end. Did not see him once with HRT over the 3 days.
Percat to a 4th 888 car?
Old 18 Apr 2016, 06:57 (Ref:3634317)   #74
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott Pye no longer managed by Roland Dane - Speedcafe
Guess with the signing of SVG and with no prospect of an opening at 888 in the next few years, a split was probably best for both parties given the potential conflict of interest.
Old 18 Apr 2016, 10:48 (Ref:3634376)   #75
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He'd need either Lowndes or Whincup to move on, and for Mr Dane to keep the contankerous 3-car model, to have a chance.