Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Nov 2016, 11:54 (Ref:3686485)   #26
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regardless of how it got to that point, Dirk was walking away and the now ex president's acts are akin to coward/one punch attacks. A punch (or in this case a trip and push) won't kill you, but hitting your head on concrete could. I've got some similar camera gear and I'd hate my head to fall on it. Thank goodness for the grassy area.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 12:28 (Ref:3686490)   #27
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Instigating because he was in the right, is different to doing something unacceptable in modern society giving someone else the right to confront him. He may have been responding with language in kind as what was sent in his direction. Jarvis might have got involved as he is a friend or related to the security guard, who I assume is the ****** in the background waving his arms around like a big tough man when Jarvis is between him and Dirk.

Implying this was all because Dirk did something wrong where there is no evidence? Well...

I also have no seen no official condemnation of Dirk's behavior, but have seen plenty about Jarvis...
Good , so there we go, more to the story, Thats all i have ever said'. We dont know all the facts', there is more to this story.

However Jarvis was a boof head and lucky someone wasnt killed.Two silly old fools who should know better.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 19:05 (Ref:3686581)   #28
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Good , so there we go, more to the story, Thats all i have ever said'. We dont know all the facts', there is more to this story.
Pecky, the situation with Jarvis stepping in and appearing to know the security guard is not "more to the story" as you put it - it was part of the initial information from a whole range of sources on this unhappy spectacle.

Jarvis is being interviewed by police today and the only "more to the story" as I see it will be whether or not he continues Sunday's type of behaviour, lies etc or maybe he realises how out of order he has been and accepts any consequences.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 19:07 (Ref:3686582)   #29
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two silly old fools? Are you trying to equate possible verbal assault with definite, video taped physical assault? One, potential silly old fool, one criminal, notice the subtle difference?
Old 8 Nov 2016, 20:40 (Ref:3686602)   #30
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Two silly old fools who should know better.
No need for personal attacks.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 20:56 (Ref:3686603)   #31
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Two silly old fools? Are you trying to equate possible verbal assault with definite, video taped physical assault? One, potential silly old fool, one criminal, notice the subtle difference?
Definite offensive expletive laden verbal assault, its in the same video. Results in the ankle tap, which results in Klynsmith making an aggressive lunge at Jarvis, which results which results in an aggressive push back by Jarvis which cause Klynsmith to fall on his butt and then hit his head

Currently there are no criminals in that video (innocent to proven guilty) and i would consider likely that if anything happens it will be a NZ equivalent to a good behavior bond
Old 8 Nov 2016, 21:03 (Ref:3686604)   #32
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

However Jarvis was a boof head and lucky someone wasnt killed.Two silly old fools who should know better.
No you were implying that Dirk was at least 50% to blame through "instagating" the end result, which i am failing to see the evidence of. All i see evidence of is someone responding to being confronted
Old 8 Nov 2016, 21:25 (Ref:3686608)   #33
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
No you were implying that Dirk was at least 50% to blame through "instagating" the end result, which i am failing to see the evidence of. All i see evidence of is someone responding to being confronted
Never have i said Dick was 50% to blame or even put blame on him. (Repeat there is more to this story)

however from the footage (2 times) and Dicks comments (1 time) we can see he had at least 3 times he could have walked away and instead choose an aggressive course of action that in the end resulted in him being pushed over.

Pushed, not hit or punched, Pushed

Last edited by peckstar; 8 Nov 2016 at 21:36.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 22:28 (Ref:3686625)   #34
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But its such a simple thing, starts as just a bit of pushing, which is all this is, but then someone trips
Peck...roll the video again...after unsuccessfully ankle tapping the fella the aggressor frog-marches the photographer backwards whilst watching where the concrete wall is then shoves him knowing he will fall...
Old 8 Nov 2016, 22:33 (Ref:3686626)   #35
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Never have i said Dick was 50% to blame or even put blame on him. (Repeat there is more to this story)

Pushed, not hit or punched, Pushed
Only one person doing that. The trip was just as bad.

Will be lucky not to get a physical assault charge. maybe even a trip to a state run hotel...

Probably best to lock the thread and just post official verdicts.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 22:33 (Ref:3686627)   #36
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
a NZ equivalent to a good behavior bond
Does such a thing exist?
Old 8 Nov 2016, 22:38 (Ref:3686630)   #37
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Peck...roll the video again...after unsuccessfully ankle tapping the fella the aggressor frog-marches the photographer backwards whilst watching where the concrete wall is then shoves him knowing he will fall...
Not denying those things, clear in the video, I never have denied them

you skipped the part just before the ankle tap and straight after the ankle tap. The part where Klynsmith make verbally offensive comment to Jarvis (watch Jarvis face at the comments) and the Part where Klynsmith lunges at Jarvis, All an escalation

2 grown men who should know better
Old 8 Nov 2016, 22:44 (Ref:3686631)   #38
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
The part where Klynsmith make verbally offensive comment to Jarvis (watch Jarvis face at the comments) and the Part where Klynsmith lunges at Jarvis, All an escalation

I haven't skipped for ages...a verbal disagreement is one thing...taking things beyond that is another...apart from that, Agreed!
Old 9 Nov 2016, 02:56 (Ref:3686663)   #39
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Pecky every time you "repeat there is more to this story" you are insinuating he is at fault to some degree.

Last edited by sizzle; 9 Nov 2016 at 03:23. Reason: Aaaargh why did I do that
Old 9 Nov 2016, 02:59 (Ref:3686664)   #40
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dick was over in the DJRTP bunker at the time.
Old 9 Nov 2016, 09:33 (Ref:3686704)   #41
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Dick was over in the DJRTP bunker at the time.

Old 10 Nov 2016, 00:59 (Ref:3686874)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Charges Laid

...and some life bans...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Nov 2016, 01:05 (Ref:3686877)   #43
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great, finally in a court of law we can find out:

Quote:
there is more to this story.
Old 10 Nov 2016, 01:21 (Ref:3686879)   #44
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Charges Laid

...and some life bans...
Good to see Supercars taking a hard stance on this sort of thing.
Old 10 Nov 2016, 02:19 (Ref:3686883)   #45
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has this "other side of the story" come out yet ?

Last edited by Reload; 10 Nov 2016 at 02:41.
Old 10 Nov 2016, 02:41 (Ref:3686886)   #46
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Charges Laid

...and some life bans...
And then say 2017 may be the last year anyway.lol
Old 10 Nov 2016, 02:51 (Ref:3686888)   #47
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Charges Laid

...and some life bans...

That's good to hear. Glad to see the category looking after someone who is liked and respected by many within it.
Old 10 Nov 2016, 03:19 (Ref:3686890)   #48
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not denying those things, clear in the video, I never have denied them

you skipped the part just before the ankle tap and straight after the ankle tap. The part where Klynsmith make verbally offensive comment to Jarvis (watch Jarvis face at the comments) and the Part where Klynsmith lunges at Jarvis, All an escalation

There is no level of verbal conduct that warrants physical assault in retaliation.

People don't have a right to physical revenge just because they seem to be 'offended'.
Old 10 Nov 2016, 03:26 (Ref:3686892)   #49
Umai Naa
Veteran

Spot-on.

It's never ok to physically assult anybody.
Old 10 Nov 2016, 03:45 (Ref:3686895)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods